OT: - Syracuse Basketball Delusion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse Basketball Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's fine and I expected nothing else, we're both entitled to our opinions. Battle is definitely the best player going into this season, and as I said we'll miss Thompson but the front court is where we have depth. Young for sure, but there's a slew of quality players there. Our back court is extremely thin with Battle and yet-to-prove-he-belongs-in-the-ACC Frank Howard. That's why we got Geno Thorpe as a grad transfer.

I'm curious how your statement "majority of Cuse players fail at the next level" was formulated. Do you have numbers? How many UConn players have made the NBA in the last 5 years?

Since the Cuse claim to fame Melo draft class the guys that have played in the league are: Hakim Warrick, Darryl Watkins, Demetris Nichols, Donte Green, Jonny Flynn, Wesley Johnson, Arinze Onuaku, Andy Rautins, Kris Joseph, Dion Waiters, Fab Melo, James Southerland, MCW, Tyler Ennis, Jerami Grant, Chris McCullough, Rakeen Christmas, Michael Gbinje and Malachi Richardson.....I guess Waiters and MCW can be considered solid NBA players and Warrick was decent back in his day?

UConn has had Gordon, Gay, Drummond, Butler, Drummond, Kemba, Villanueva, Okafor (all of which are/were better than any of the Cuse players) plus others drafted like Lamb, Shabazz, Thabeet, etc.

Reaction Score
Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

This is great stuff. I guess because we're in the AAC and we've had two out of three bad years (the last one being because we lost two of our best three players for the year at the beginning of the year which no program could recover) we're relegated to mid-major status forever. Makes perfect since because that 2014 National Championship was many many moons ago. And then the main reason Syracuse fans say this is the way it is so it has to be true.

LOL I can't wait for Adams, Gilbert, Larrier, Vital, Anderson, Williams and hopefully Wilson to run them the duck off the Garden floor. But the great thing about being a UConn fan is that regardless of what happens on that cold December night in NYC, I'm walking out of MSG with the 4 to 1 chant at maximum decibel levels. :)

pj

Reaction Score
Since the Cuse claim to fame Melo draft class the guys that have played in the league are: Hakim Warrick, Darryl Watkins, Demetris Nichols, Donte Green, Jonny Flynn, Wesley Johnson, Arinze Onuaku, Andy Rautins, Kris Joseph, Dion Waiters, Fab Melo, James Southerland, MCW, Tyler Ennis, Jerami Grant, Chris McCullough, Rakeen Christmas, Michael Gbinje and Malachi Richardson.....I guess Waiters and MCW can be considered solid NBA players and Warrick was decent back in his day?

UConn has had Gordon, Gay, Drummond, Butler, Drummond, Kemba, Villanueva, Okafor (all of which are/were better than any of the Cuse players) plus others drafted like Lamb, Shabazz, Thabeet, etc.

Drummond is so good he has to be counted twice. Kemba should be counted twice too.

Reaction Score
Just went over to their board. Comedy, pure comedy.

First, they have posts about us being excited about Akinjo and being rated around 100 by most sites.

Weird that's it okay to be excited about nose picker's kid committing and being 190th.

Also weird that they are upset that their insiders are telling them that Dimon Carrigan who right now is ranked around 125 isn't considering them.

If you haven't checked out their Justin Pugh thread, it's a must.

Reaction Score
I was tossed out of there 10 years or so ago they are incredibly clueless when it comes to basketball history and knowledge of the game. Outside of Orange everyone else sucks. I mean don't waste too much time over there you may come away really stupid. And we don't need much of that.
You have no sense of history because you give them no credit for their incredible Helms championships. No wonder they banned you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You have no sense of history because you give them no credit for their incredible Helms championships. No wonder they banned you.
True, we need to respect their imaginary championships... and their imaginary friend Harvey.

james-stewart.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just went to their board for the first time. Pretty clueless bunch. But at least it technically functions, unlike that other board I visited this summer. I get that it's cool for them to be able to pretend that their ACC status elevates them above UConn in some way other than Lacrosse. It's their fun little fantasy.

As for Syracuse, the whole place kinda blows. I don't mean the school, the city and region are about as unappealing as it gets.

Reaction Score
I think the new US News and World Report Rankings, in which UConn is ranked #56 and Cuse is ranked #61, are worth mentioning here as a gentle reminder to our Syracuse visitors of the overall inferiority of their institution.

We are a better school (for a much better price) with 4x the number of national championships.

And we aren't forced to root for a color because our original mascot was racist.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So here is the thing, our Orange friends predicting our demise is one of the greatest indicator of mojo out there. It happened in 2011 and 2014. The best part is after the natty they are absolutely inconsolable over there. It's very entertaining. Meanwhile our worst teams in years still manage to beat them. Their tears are like sweet, sweet nectar to me.

Still, they are a gritty, plucky bunch. I'll give them that.

Reaction Score
Syracuse fans are grotesque monstrosities borne of relentless inbreeding. Riddled with sinusitis, crippled by joint pain, chronically flatulent. Humanity's greatest mistake.
You're blocking again.....

Reaction Score

Others not listed are Boone, Adrien, Armstrong, Price, Marcus. There are 11 UConn players that have averaged double figures in their NBA careers. There are 9 Syracuse players who have averaged double figures. Players who have played in the post Carmelo era after 2003 Syracuse has 3 double figure scorers in MCW, Waiters and Carmelo. In the same period UConn has 9 Allen, Gordon. Kemba, Charlie, Rudy, RIP, Caron, Emeka, and Drummond.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think the new US News and World Report Rankings, in which UConn is ranked #56 and Cuse is ranked #61, are worth mentioning here as a gentle reminder to our Syracuse visitors of the overall inferiority of their institution.

We are a better school (for a much better price) with 4x the number of national championships.

And we aren't forced to root for a color because our original mascot was racist.

they are so dumb.

Reaction Score
Weird that's it okay to be excited about nose picker's kid committing and being 190th.

That is weird.

Was that kid ever looking elsewhere?

I don't see how its a big accomplishment to sign your own boy. As many have said, having your coaches son on the team can open an entirely new set of worms that are often not positive.

You also have to think that a 190 ranking for Boeheim is a little generous because of the name. The guys he's rated ahead of didn't have the benefit of that spotlight. Just being decent can be blown out of proportion because of that spotlight.

Reaction Score
Just went over to their board. Comedy, pure comedy.

First, they have posts about us being excited about Akinjo and being rated around 100 by most sites.

Also weird that they are upset that their insiders are telling them that Dimon Carrigan who right now is ranked around 125 isn't considering them.

If you haven't checked out their Justin Pugh thread, it's a must.

Not that it matters but Akinjo is also ranked 75th by ESPN. Cuse fans would give their left nuts for a point guard the caliber of Akinjo. The point guards on their current roster blow and Carey is not a point guard. How ironic that their season hinges on a point guard transfer from the absolute bottom of the AAC barrel.

Reaction Score
I just went to their board for the first time. Pretty clueless bunch. But at least it technically functions, unlike that other board I visited this summer. I get that it's cool for them to be able to pretend that their ACC status elevates them above UConn in some way other than Lacrosse. It's their fun little fantasy.

As for Syracuse, the whole place kinda blows. I don't mean the school, the city and region are about as unappealing as it gets.
For one thing Syracuse gets more snow than Buffalo.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite one. From PauliePeppas...

Stack up everything as programs and the similiarties are extremely close. We have more wins, final four appearances, one less national title appearance. The 4-1 is a mix of our terrible luck (Coleman free throws, Arinze, Fab, playing an all time team in UK in 96) and their miracle runs helped out by playing Butler and Ga tech. Facts are facts and it is 4-1 but spare me the whole bs notion that they are far superior. Luck goes a longgggg way, dont apologize for it but at least acknowledge it

Head to head Syracuse leads 55–38

Last edited: Today at 4:08 PM

PauliePeppas, Today at 3:34 PM

Guys it was all luck with our 4 titles. Poor Cuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom