OT: - Super Bowl halftime show | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Super Bowl halftime show

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I must be getting old - I was kind of embarrassed by it. I like a good ass shake but it's not the appropriate place for that or the grinding and particularly the pole dance. Wrong message for the venue. I know with phones and the Internet, kids can see pretty much anything, but I wouldn't want to try to explain to my grandkids what they were watching or what it means, etc.

They've pretty much put themselves in a box for the halftime show. I can't think what they can send out there anymore to be fantastic and worthy of the moment.

Reaction Score
I do now. I don't listen to that type of music.
You don't even have to listen to that kind of music to know who she is. She's been a public figure for a long time. You've never heard anyone refer to her as J. Lo? She's been a singer, in movies and TV shows and she is engaged to Alex Rodriguez so if you're a sports fan she has some relation to sports. Kind of surprised you don't know who she is. She is supposedly the richest actress in Hollywood with a net worth estimated at $400 million.

Here, read her Wikipedia page: Jennifer Lopez - Wikipedia

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Every year, people complain about the halftime show.

Every year, it’s fine.

Not sure what people expect - it’s always going to some act that appeals to a large audience.

If you’re expecting Radiohead or Van Morrison sitting on a stool, channel surf during halftime because it’s never going to happen.

Reaction Score
I liked the show. Maybe book these two for next year to keep everyone happy?

om.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I must be getting old - I was kind of embarrassed by it. I like a good ass shake but it's not the appropriate place for that or the grinding and particularly the pole dance. Wrong message for the venue. I know with phones and the Internet, kids can see pretty much anything, but I wouldn't want to try to explain to my grandkids what they were watching or what it means, etc.

They've pretty much put themselves in a box for the halftime show. I can't think what they can send out there anymore to be fantastic and worthy of the moment.

Yeah. Kinda makes all that outrage over Janet and Timberlake seem stupid now. Within the first minute Shakira gave herself a little boob caressing and crotch rub, then it was all about watching in HD to see if you could catch a dancer w/o a bikini wax.

Anyway, it is what it is. And if you're not going to have a music-first show, what's left? Ed Sheeran putting everyone to sleep? The only music options are to do something like pairing Drake with Adele, or going full country with Luke Bryan & Lady Antebellum (which I'm surprised they haven't done). But it is going to be hard to top tonight for pure T&A.

Reaction Score
justin timberlake revealed a nipple and THIS was inappropriate ?????

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
justin timberlake revealed a nipple and THIS was inappropriate ?????

Ooooo... a nanosecond of nip sent prudes crazy for a week. This was basically a lap dance for millions.

However you wish to characterize the degree, it would be difficult to defend it as wholesome family entertainment.

I'm not coming at this as some prig. Personally, I prefer the more liberal standards of Euro TV. I'm simply objecting to the hypocrisy. Was the show prurient or not? I say undoubtedly yes.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
maybe wheel Areosmith out one more time. LOL
LOL or maybe Rolling Stones coming out with walkers and oxygen tanks. Maybe with Shakira gyrating with Jagger.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do now. I don't listen to that type of music.
I know, right? They should go back to up with people. Now that was good wholesome entertainment by jiminey!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very entertaining show. Well done. Lots of energy and moving parts. Definitely not boring. In this day and age, with what's out there and readily available, it wasn't the worse we've seen. Loved the subtle messages that were offered once you got past the lights, glimmer, and shakes.

Reaction Score
This was one of the better halftime shows. Perfect for the venue. Anyone that says it's not right for the venue clearly doesn't know anything about Miami and South Florida because this was tailored to the locals. The only thing missing was Pitbull. Though I hear he was a part of the pregame show.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to wonder if the people complaining have ever been to Miami or south beach. Miami is Latin culture and partying to go along with scandalous outfits.

Shakira and jlo and j balvin put on the perfect show for the venue/ city. That show was what Miami is about

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Very entertaining show. Well done. Lots of energy and moving parts. Definitely not boring. In this day and age, with what's out there and readily available, it wasn't the worse we've seen. Loved the subtle messages that were offered once you got past the lights, glimmer, and shakes.

Singing "Born in the USA" while draped in a PR flag wasn't very subtle, but I give J-Lo a ton of credit for going there.

Reaction Score
Halftime show = Perfect time to pick up more pizza at your local pizza joint or put more chicken nuggets and fries in the oven or make some killer nachos or pound a few beers (depending on how things are going), etc.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Amazing show. Run them out for a repeat next year.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom