OT: - Super Bowl halftime show | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Super Bowl halftime show

Reaction Score
huntah.jpg

Reaction Score
I watched with a mixed group. I will say that the middle aged women were not amused. Younger folks were into it and most of the older guys were “shocked, shocked I tell you”. LOL. As one said to his wife who left after halftime, “don’t go to sleep!”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To those who did not like the show I can only say:

Reaction Score
Bring back acts like Carol Channing who did the first. Only kidding, I love Shakira but could understand why parents would be upset.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate lip sync/dancers dance music. Doesn't matter who's doing it. I don't find dancers entertaining. Shakira looks great and so does JLo. No question. I thought it was a bit trashy, especially with the stripper pole, for what is an all ages family event.

Yes, I know I won't get Van Morrison with an acoustic guitar (which would be awesome), but they could certainly have done better than this. By that I mean that these two women could have done better. It was like the KU first night Snoop Dog event, but longer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This was one of the better halftime shows. Perfect for the venue. Anyone that says it's not right for the venue clearly doesn't know anything about Miami and South Florida because this was tailored to the locals. The only thing missing was Pitbull. Though I hear he was a part of the pregame show.

Nobody from Miami was in that arena, except A-rod.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The opposite of "enjoyed" is not "offended."

I was cooking dinner with the game on in the background and caught moments of the Shikira portion, but when the lipsyncing became blatantly obvious, I went back to my Chicken Vegetable Pasta. I was not really entertained and I can understand where portions could be considered inappropriate and/or contradictory to current movements, but I personally was not offended by any stretch.

As a parent, the Pitbull performance was far more concerning than the halftime show, but only because of timing and audience. My wife changed the channel and when I went back to SB pregame, I tuned to the NFL Network.

Reaction Score
The opposite of "enjoyed" is not "offended."

I was cooking dinner with the game on in the background and caught moments of the Shikira portion, but when the lipsyncing became blatantly obvious, I went back to my Chicken Vegetable Pasta. I was not really entertained and I can understand where portions could be considered inappropriate and/or contradictory to current movements, but I personally was not offended by any stretch.

As a parent, the Pitbull performance was far more concerning than the halftime show, but only because of timing and audience. My wife changed the channel and when I went back to SB pregame, I tuned to the NFL Network.

Pitbull and performance in the same sentence without "why?" LOL. Minus a couple songs is there anyone more limited talent-wise than this guy?

Reaction Score
Nobody from Miami was in that arena, except A-rod.
It's just a recruiting tactic to have the midwest KC fans move to Miami. If I had a choice between farming in the midwest and watching the gyrating hips of Latinas in Miami, sign me up for Miami every time.

Reaction Score
Folks, if they were lip syncing it would have sounded better. They were not. If they were, you wouldn't have heard Shakira's crazy tongue thing.

Reaction Score
Folks, if they were lip syncing it would have sounded better. They were not. If they were, you wouldn't have heard Shakira's crazy tongue thing.

It is way more sophisticated than that.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
gosh dangit in the middle of the game where men rip each other apart and give themselves and each other lasting brain damage, these women were too sexy! How will I explain this to my grand kids?

Reaction Score
Wow, they get worse every year- thought it really blew. Can’t they get regular bands that play decent music anymore, or is that just not spectacular enough? When a “performer” has 20 assistants jerking and gyrating with them, you know they can’t sing.
At least the game is good!
Shakira and J-Lo shaking arses?!?? You can do a whole lot worse.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

It's relatively easy to go in and out of lipsyncing if you've rehearsed for it. It's not uncommon for vocals during a heavy dance routine to be lipsynced while other parts of the performance are not. A backing track is used pretty much throughout and phased in/out. Additionally, Shakira's engineers have sometimes been sloppy about it (see YT evidence).

Consensus is, however, that J-Lo did not lipsync.

Husky25

Reaction Score

That is not necessarily true. Audio was set up for a football game, not a concert. They had to be set up and cleared within 25 minutes. There is no sound check and even if there was, with the effort it takes to move and dance like that, it should not sound so nearly as flawless as to expect Wyclef to belt out the next studio quality lyric.

As far as Shakira's scat, technology does exist to utilize a hot mic, backed up by a recording to which to lip sync. After all, there was no instrumentation, so at best both J-Lo and Shakira were already doing karaoke to their own songs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL Maybe next year we go back to Super Bowl 1 show. Up with People and Carol Channing. Wholesome as heck.

Reaction Score
Listen fellow old people-WE are not the demographic they want to watch.The music playing was not my preferred genre, but the show was OK. SB I halftime was Carol Channing.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It's just a recruiting tactic to have the midwest KC fans move to Miami. If I had a choice between farming in the midwest and watching the gyrating hips of Latinas in Miami, sign me up for Miami every time.

It wasn't my thing and it was slightly more raunchy than it needed to be given the audience (stripper poles and crotch grabbing). No issue with choosing those two lovely ladies to be the entertainment. They could have done 90% of it without the negative responses.

Reaction Score
My only question was who was the dude dressed as a metallic condom?

I don't care about halftime shows but I could watch Shakira all day. I enjoyed it.

Apparently he is called "Big Bunny"

Husky25

Reaction Score
Listen fellow old people-WE are not the demographic they want to watch.The music playing was not my preferred genre, but the show was OK. SB I halftime was Carol Channing.

There was no such thing as SB I as time elapsed. The AFL-NFL World Championship wasn't renamed until later.

Husky25

Reaction Score
It was the best halftime show in years. Maybe Steely Dan will do next years for you malcontents.
Technically, this is correct. If only because Adam Levine performed last year. More than one necessitates the plural form.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom