Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
The possible up-tempo lineup of J. Adams, T. Samuels, R. Purvis, D. Hamilton, Shonn Miller could give us great stretches especially against small lineups. Scoring every where if Adams, Purvis, Hamilton and Miller are all as threatening from deep as they should be. Jalen or Dham bringing the ball up, especially if there's pressure, Tsam will then have the lanes to be aggressive slashing to the room and hopefully he picks up some passing ability. Adams Purvis and Hamilton can all create there own scoring opportunities as well. Haven't seen enough of miller to really know but he's strong, mobile and adept at rebounding and is a credible outside threat. Exciting if there all bringing intensity and stepping up. No boatright watching. I always tuned in a bit harder whenever boat was out because i knew that's the base of what we were going to look like next season. The level of intensity of the whole squad always seemed to perk up at least in close games. Adams Enoch and Miller all fill needs but a larger combo guard with handle and an outside shot would be the ideal addition in one. true ballhandler/creator and a wing shooter if Ollie truly plans to fill the 2 open schollies. Are we still in for the german kid who plays with Giffey?

Reaction Score
If we 'need' Nolan this year, we're not very good.

And if we run too many minutes with Nolan and Samuel in the court together again, I'll need to be sedated.

We "need" his 5 fouls and experience in using them to give our other bigs time off or in foul trouble minutes. His minutes last half of the year had more impact than Facey although one would be led to believe Kentan has more upside. Hopefully we do see it but mentally Phil knows where to be and rarely hurts us on the defensive end unless he's trying to take a charge which isn't there Dukie style. The other guy is lost. Not knowing where Enoch will be on that end as well as how much KF will improve, for now it would seem Phil's experience backing up both Amida and Shonn will be required and welcome at times.

Reaction Score
We "need" his 5 fouls and experience in using them to give our other bigs time off or in foul trouble minutes. His minutes last half of the year had more impact than Facey although one would be led to believe Kentan has more upside. Hopefully we do see it but mentally Phil knows where to be and rarely hurts us on the defensive end unless he's trying to take a charge which isn't there Dukie style. The other guy is lost. Not knowing where Enoch will be on that end as well as how much KF will improve, for now it would seem Phil's experience backing up both Amida and Shonn will be required and welcome at times.

Facey is actually older than Nolan I believe. I think he'll become a solid player eventually, but at some point you wonder how much real growth there is left for a guy who is almost 22 and looks as tentative as he does at times.

The second half of his season was tough, especially considering what he did in the Duke game.

Reaction Score
Phil is overmatched.

Forget his offense - it doesn't exist. It's actually hard to play the minutes he does and touch the ball as infrequently as he does.

When he does, thirty-percent of his possessions directly result in a turnover. He's invisible on the offensive glass. He played 15 minutes a game this year and converted four free throws. Four.

He is a sporadically effective defender, but by no means is he a good defensive player. He doesn't rebound, doesn't block shots and he doesn't keep people off the glass.

But at least he's prone to fouling. If you ever want to project his numbers over forty minutes, you can't - he'd foul out in 29.
He played very solidly in our championship run.

Reaction Score

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's gone from JV ball to the best high school league in the country in the span of 24 months, averaged a 15 & 11 and played game-in, game-out against high Division 1 recruits (guys like Dickinson, Reuter, Sharma, etc). At age 17 he's 6-foot-9, 230 lbs with a 7-foot-4 wingspan. Those are NBA measurements.

Enoch's ceiling is higher than any PF we've landed since Donyell. This isn't a prediction that he'll be that good, or even Adrien-Boone-Freeman level. But god**** am I pumped to see how he develops in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Many of you might disagree with me but I honestly don't think Enoch will do much this season. Now once Brimah and Facey graduate, Enoch will really be something. I think his Junior and Senior seasons will be special. However, I think he has quite some adjusting to do as of right now. But when it's all said and done, I think he will end up being a great player for this program.

Reaction Score
Many of you might disagree with me but I honestly don't think Enoch will do much this season. Now once Brimah and Facey graduate, Enoch will really be something. I think his Junior and Senior seasons will be special. However, I think he has quite some adjusting to do as of right now. But when it's all said and done, I think he will end up being a great player for this program.
Agree. We are crowded in the front court with brimah, miller and some Hamilton. Even if he beats out facey and Nolan for all their minutes he will only play 15-20. If hes good enough to beat out brimah or miller for minutes then this team can be a top 5 team in college basketball.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that Hamilton will be seeing a ton of time at the 4 unless something happens to Miller.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that Hamilton will be seeing a ton of time at the 4 unless something happens to Miller.

Yes. Miller is going to be the guy this year for us at PF. Nolan will back up Brimah. Enoch and Facey will back up Miller. Maybe at times we could go with a BIG lineup of Purvis, Hamilton, Enoch, Miller, and Brimah. I've heard Enoch being compared to DeAndre so he could possibly see some time at the 3 if Ollie decides to go big.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
espn missing the boat and leaving him out of their espn100 is a complete joke.
duck em. Rivals and 247 are much higher regarded today.

Can anyone remember the last time we had a big bodied PF/C that was more offensively ready than defensively? It's been a while.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think most of the rational posters on the board agree with that. As high as Enoch's ceiling is, he's not going to be a high-level Day 1 contributor, and is likely to be on campus for at least three years. He's still so young and so raw.

And it's also important to note that he hasn't played a ton of high-level games where, if you don't get your defensive rotations right, you immediately get punished. We've seen both Brimah and Facey struggle with that.

Maybe. But I'd bet there will be times when Ollie wants to go to a 4-out 1-in set, where it's a single rim protector and four shooters around him. It's the type of thing NBA coaches do all the time, and Ollie runs an NBA-style offense.

Reaction Score
Yes. Miller is going to be the guy this year for us at PF. Nolan will back up Brimah. Enoch and Facey will back up Miller. Maybe at times we could go with a BIG lineup of Purvis, Hamilton, Enoch, Miller, and Brimah. I've heard Enoch being compared to DeAndre so he could possibly see some time at the 3 if Ollie decides to go big.

Enoch is absolutely not a 3.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Gibbs-Adams-Purvis-Hamilton-Miller would spread the floor like a sorority girl's legs. I'm sure Hamilton will see time at the 4 when we play small, which will definitely happen.

Reaction Score
I know he's a PF but I've heard being compared to DeAndre. DeAndre saw plenty of time at the 3 and 4.

I don't know who told you that Enoch is like Daniels, but that person is a liar. Enoch will not be playing SF at UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't know who told you that Enoch is like Daniels, but that person is a liar. Enoch will not be playing SF at UConn.

It was on here a few weeks ago. They said Ollie sees Enoch as a bigger DeAndre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom