Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Facey's deficiencies in certain areas of the game should not cause his strength (rebounding) to be blocked out. He's much better on the boards than most are giving him credit for.

Reaction Score
Facey got 5 rebounds a game. If that's a better rebounder than I think then so be it. But he's not a good rebounder at all for a 6'9 kid who can jump out of the gym. Instead he's lucky to be decent. He has to get smarter and nastier to be a "good rebounder" never mind real good. He was the worst guy also on foul shots when he the advantage with his weak box out attempts (maybe AB was as bad) and needs to really improve there too.

Reaction Score
Facey got 5 rebounds a game. If that's a better rebounder than I think then so be it. But he's not a good rebounder at all for a 6'9 kid who can jump out of the gym. Instead he's lucky to be decent. He has to get smarter and nastier to be a "good rebounder" never mind real good. He was the worst guy also on foul shots when he the advantage with his weak box out attempts (maybe AB was as bad) and needs to really improve there too.

He played 21.5mpg, so using his per game stats is pretty silly. Facey was the best rebounder on the team last year, insofar as he got the highest percentage of available rebounds while he was on the floor. Your opinions are noted, but they're not based on facts.

Reaction Score
He has to get smarter and nastier to be a "good rebounder" never mind real good.

Could not agree more with the "nastier" part. Jeff Adrien and Emeka were mean rebounders and their stats backed it up.

Reaction Score
I tend to overhype freshman. That being said, this kid has a real chance to start at pf by the end of the year. He's our most prototypical 4, no disrespect to miller.

I think he is more likely to redshirt than start.

caw

Reaction Score
I think he is more likely to redshirt than start.

With 11 current scholarship players at this moment, I would take that bet. Without another player who is better than him coming in the spring signing period, I don't see how UConn could afford to redshirt him. I also don't think he starts, but he has a better likelihood of that than red shirting, with a single injury.

Reaction Score
He just fell off ESPN's Top 100
I think he is more potential than immediate talent. IIRC he didnt turn 17 too long ago and hasn't played varsity much. The fact that he held his own, and then some, against Zimmerman, gives me more hope than silly recruiting rankings.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

This is absolutely crazy because from all reports he has been impressive in all competitions and considered a 'steal' from various experts. He's been sneaking UP the boards on all other sites. Just goes to show that ESPN really doesn't know and their rankings are pretty bad.
If he was committed to Duke/UNC/UK he would have immediately jumped into the top 50 probably.

Reaction Score
I think he is more potential than immediate talent. IIRC he didnt turn 17 too long ago and hasn't played varsity much. The fact that he held his own, and then some, against Zimmerman, gives me more hope than silly recruiting rankings.

It's still stupid. The idea that Enoch might not be a top-100 player is ridiculous. Most sites have him top-50, let alone top-100.

caw

Reaction Score
This is absolutely crazy because from all reports he has been impressive in all competitions and considered a 'steal' from various experts. He's been sneaking UP the boards on all other sites. Just goes to show that ESPN really doesn't know and their rankings are pretty bad.
If he was committed to Duke/UNC/UK he would have immediately jumped into the top 50 probably.

ESPN has been low on him for awhile. 24-7 and Rivals have him in the 60s or higher. I forget what scout has him as.

Reaction Score
It's still stupid. The idea that Enoch might not be a top-100 player is ridiculous. Most sites have him top-50, let alone top-100.
Yeah no doubt it's stupid, but im not gonna lose any sleep over his ranking when every other site ranks him fairly and in the same area.

Reaction Score
247 has him at 35, it doesn't really matter but I think they do a better job than ESPN.

Reaction Score
ESPN has been low on him for awhile. 24-7 and Rivals have him in the 60s or higher. I forget what scout has him as.

247 has him at 35, Rivals has him at 61, Scout at 67, yeah, ESPN is the dumb one here.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Who cares? He's 65th on rivals and 35th on 247, two sites with much more insight to give on college basketball prospects. Ollie knows how talented Enoch is, and regardless of his ranking, I trust that he's going to prove people who doubt him wrong.

Also, bigs with low post moves/footwork often have an impact sooner than raw, weaker finesse guys like Facey. If he can limit his fouls, he can have an impact sooner than people think IMO.

Reaction Score
Enoch isn't going to come in and make an instant impact. I'd be surprised if he even averaged 5 PPG this year. However, once Brimah, Facey, and Nolan are gone and Enoch is a junior, he'll be a stud. It will take him some time to develop but he will turn out to be a very good player.

Reaction Score
Facey and Enoch should improve dramatically going up against Brimah and Miller everyday in practice. Big guys that don't play hard and smart won't see the floor this year. Last year that wasn't the case.

Reaction Score
Enoch isn't going to come in and make an instant impact. I'd be surprised if he even averaged 5 PPG this year. However, once Brimah, Facey, and Nolan are gone and Enoch is a junior, he'll be a stud. It will take him some time to develop but he will turn out to be a very good player.
I think the only reason he doesn't average 5ppg is that he doesn't get enough minutes. His offensive game is ahead of his defensive game at this time. As we know KO will take out players in a heartbeat even if they are scoring if they aren't playing bad D. Also, with all the depth up front it is going to make it hard for him to see much time. I do think he has the skills to average 5-7PPG if he gets the minutes. The question is will he get the minutes based on depth and his defense(he needs to step up this part of his game to see the floor).

Reaction Score
I think the only reason he doesn't average 5ppg is that he doesn't get enough minutes. His offensive game is ahead of his defensive game at this time. As we know KO will take out players in a heartbeat even if they are scoring if they aren't playing bad D. Also, with all the depth up front it is going to make it hard for him to see much time. I do think he has the skills to average 5-7PPG if he gets the minutes. The question is will he get the minutes based on depth and his defense(he needs to step up this part of his game to see the floor).

That's the problem. I don't think he'll get the minutes. Facey will most likely be backing up Miller and Nolan will most likely be backing up Brimah. I think Enoch sees maybe 15 minutes per game this year. But he will develop and learn from the upperclassmen.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
That's the problem. I don't think he'll get the minutes. Facey will most likely be backing up Miller and Nolan will most likely be backing up Brimah. I think Enoch sees maybe 15 minutes per game this year. But he will develop and learn from the upperclassmen.
Enoch plays way more than Nolan this season. Guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom