Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I was salivating over PN's mixtape.

I know we shouldn't have sky-high expectations for Enoch, but realistically he should be competing right away with PN and KF for the starting 4 spot.

Sidenote: It's hilarious that PN had a 1 minute mixtape and half of it was layup line dunks.

I remember thinking Nolan was going to be a stretch four based on HS videos and pre-freshman year GHPA stuff. He was never going to be strong enough or athletic enough to bang in the Big East but he looked like he'd be able to be a shooter off the bench. I guess Olander was sort of the same way, neither have/had terrible jumpshot mechanics but neither could throw the ball in the ocean. Funny how off I was on that...

Enoch looks good and it's a positive that he's so young but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in terms of pure athleticism. I do not see the "quick-twitch, explosive athlete" stuff. He's a high-major recruit and based on that video he's average in terms of his raw athleticism for a 4-5 star kid. The good news is given our recent front court recruiting woes it's safe to say he'll be the best interior big we've signed since Drummond.

Reaction Score
Interesting SE interview. Good head on his shoulders for a 17 yr old.

Reaction Score
enochs highlights are a hell of alot better than nolans. there are other highlight tapes you can watch as well. and the teams in NESCAC would beat the teams in the league nolan came from by 80

Reaction Score
enochs highlights are a hell of alot better than nolans. there are other highlight tapes you can watch as well. and the teams in NESCAC would beat the teams in the league nolan came from by 80
It's nepsac and you're correct on the level of competition.........i think he' one player who will become much more explosive as he grows older and acquires muscle....he will be a force just not next year.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt because of his offensive abilities he will see the floor because we lack those specifically in our bigs. He does rebonds like a man so if he can find a way to get on the floor and grow as the year moves along, ya never know.

Reaction Score
A big thing for us would be if he has good hands, grabbing rebounds and having the strength to hold on because that's what Brimah and Nolan lack. Would like to see the rock get his chance, he has strong hands. DHam is great at that and it's a big part of his rebound numbers getting to and securing loose balls.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
11 rebounds per game against strong prep school competition (including many players that are headed to div 1 schools) bodes well for how he will perform.
This will be especially true after he matures, improves his positioning and footwork and strength.

Reaction Score
I know this is an Enoch thread, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud watching Nolan's "mix-tape." 30 seconds of layup line dunks (none all that impressive), and a few jumpers and dunks. Just funny to watch in retrospect, but hey, he has one more ring than the rest of us posters. Philly!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fast Forward two years. AB and SE will be a force on the interior if both are here in two years. Book it.

Reaction Score

I was salivating over PN's mixtape.

I know we shouldn't have sky-high expectations for Enoch, but realistically he should be competing right away with PN and KF for the starting 4 spot.

I know this is an Enoch thread, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud watching Nolan's "mix-tape." 30 seconds of layup line dunks (none all that impressive), and a few jumpers and dunks. Just funny to watch in retrospect, but hey, he has one more ring than the rest of us posters. Philly!!

And no flops!!

Reaction Score
Game is in Bridgeport. Does anybody know if, and how Adams fared in the Derby festival game last week end?

Reaction Score
Game is in Bridgeport. Does anybody know if, and how Adams fared in the Derby festival game last week end?

I know its a still pic, but Enoch sure looks impressively built!

628x471.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I tend to overhype freshman. That being said, this kid has a real chance to start at pf by the end of the year. He's our most prototypical 4, no disrespect to miller.

Reaction Score
I tend to overhype freshman. That being said, this kid has a real chance to start at pf by the end of the year. He's our most prototypical 4, no disrespect to miller.

I'm not sure what you mean by "most prototypical," but unless something happens to Miller, like he gets hurt, I'd be shocked to see Enoch start at the 4 this year.

Reaction Score
He has a lot of growing up to do. It would be a nice surprise but my guess is his contributions will start his second year. Just based on viewing his steady improvement over 30 or so games this year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you mean by "most prototypical," but unless something happens to Miller, like he gets hurt, I'd be shocked to see Enoch start at the 4 this year.
Poor wording but I meant his size.
He has a lot of growing up to do. It would be a nice surprise but my guess is his contributions will start his second year. Just based on viewing his steady improvement over 30 or so games this year.
I like what I've seen in his games. He seems to be aggressive on the boards and and can get off the ground. Also seems to have a better post game than anyone else on the roster. Like I said, I tend to overhype freshman, but he reminds me of one of those solid dependable starters.

Reaction Score

With 2 experienced guys playing the 3/4 who can rebound the way both DHam and Miller can I just don't see although if we do that's a real good thing right? Miller will bring 3 years of college hoops experience, understanding the game and having defended teams that play offensively like Princeton and stuff, he likely has a good edge coming in. Love to see them both be very big contributors to a special season though.

Reaction Score
Having Miller come in for a year is probably the best thing that could have happened for Enoch. Takes pressure off him to be an immediate contributer and gives him the opportunity to learn from an experienced front court player. I think Enoch will get some good minutes this year, but he was always going to be a 4 yr player unless he explodes, and having him as a 5-15 min backup behind Miller and Brimah is great for his development.

Reaction Score
I know its a still pic, but Enoch sure looks impressively built!

628x471.jpg
Looking forward Norwalk, CT's own to come to Storrs and rep... CT HighSchool basketball is pretty good... this kid's skills are better than say Rakim or Phil at the same stage.. He's gonna bring some excitement to our squad next year...

Reaction Score
Looking forward Norwalk, CT's own to come to Storrs and rep... CT HighSchool basketball is pretty good... this kid's skills are better than say Rakim or Phil at the same stage.. He's gonna bring some excitement to our squad next year...
He might be good but he was getting overpowered by a guy 3-4 inches shorter than him in Govan(Georgetown recruit). I would like to see him hold his own against Division 1 players before saying he is going to contribute big time this year. I don't think KO would be going after Miller if SE was this great impact recruit. I'm not saying he isn't good but I think it will take some time for him to develop based on what I have seen from him this year. I think they are grooming him to back up AB more so this year due to his height. I think KF will backup Miller at the PF position.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He might be good but he was getting overpowered by a guy 3-4 inches shorter than him in Govan(Georgetown recruit). I would like to see him hold his own against Division 1 players before saying he is going to contribute big time this year. I don't think KO would be going after Miller if SE was this great impact recruit. I'm not saying he isn't good but I think it will take some time for him to develop based on what I have seen from him this year. I think they are grooming him to back up AB more so this year due to his height. I think KF will backup Miller at the PF position.

There's a difference between being an "impact recruit" and providing value and good production off the bench. I see Enoch giving us the latter by the end of the season.

Reaction Score

Isn't Govan 6-9/10? Have we already begun attaching Hilton Units to Eno(s)ch to make him at minimum, 7-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom