Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know he's a PF but I've heard being compared to DeAndre. DeAndre saw plenty of time at the 3 and 4.

Maybe he did as a freshman (where he was largely ineffective), but the vast majority of his minutes - 90+ percent - as a sophomore and junior were at the 4 (where he was very effective). If Ollie makes the Daniels comparison, its the 4 Deandre, not the 12 minutes/game ineffective freshman DeAndre playing the 3.

Reaction Score
I don't know who told you that Enoch is like Daniels, but that person is a liar. Enoch will not be playing SF at UConn.
Well to be fair DD actually didn't really play the 3 either. He almost exclusively played the 4. So actually I can see the correlation that KO meant. DD was probably more true PF as he didn't have the handle to be a SF while SE is PF/C.

Reaction Score
Gibbs-Adams-Purvis-Hamilton-Miller would spread the floor like a sorority girl's legs. I'm sure Hamilton will see time at the 4 when we play small, which will definitely happen.
Ahhh, a sorority girl's legs!!! Gads, I miss those college days!!!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Just did 5 minutes of googling, and wanted to put Enoch's age in perspective:

He's actually younger than almost everyone we're recruiting for the 2016 class. Only one of our top targets (Gilbert) is younger than him, and that's by just three weeks. Bruce Brown, the 2016 guard from Vermont Academy we're on pretty strong, is 1.5 years older than him. There are actually a couple of 2017 kids we're recruiting who are Enoch's age.

Reaction Score
Gibbs-Adams-Purvis-Hamilton-Miller would spread the floor like a sorority girl's legs. I'm sure Hamilton will see time at the 4 when we play small, which will definitely happen.
If it hurts to pee, it was an alpha phi! (Apologies if any of you who married an alpha phi. One of my friends actually got chlamydia from one of their sisters, so I buy the stereotype)

Reaction Score
I don't know who told you that Enoch is like Daniels, but that person is a liar. Enoch will not be playing SF at UConn.

I think the other poster is likely referring to that Enoch can shoot from all over the floor, including 3's. Can also handle the ball.

Reaction Score
Enoch is absolutely not a 3.

Certainly not traditionally. But a college team played Trey Lyles at the 3 this year and had a lot of success with it. Don't know if Enoch has that in him but it can be done.
Just did 5 minutes of googling, and wanted to put Enoch's age in perspective:

He's actually younger than almost everyone we're recruiting for the 2016 class. Only one of our top targets (Gilbert) is younger than him, and that's by just three weeks. Bruce Brown, the 2016 guard from Vermont Academy we're on pretty strong, is 1.5 years older than him. There are actually a couple of 2017 kids we're recruiting who are Enoch's age.

Enoch will be about 2 years younger than everyone else on the team. This is a pretty old team in terms of age compared to their class.

Reaction Score
If it hurts to pee, it was an alpha phi! (Apologies if any of you who married an alpha phi. One of my friends actually got chlamydia from one of their sisters, so I buy the stereotype)

lol been dating one for 3 years now....so far so good

Reaction Score
A little OT but did Calhoun ever play Villanueva, Boone, and Okafor at the same time? If so what spots?
Okafor at the 5
Boone at the 4
and Charlie V at the 3?

Reaction Score
A little OT but did Calhoun ever play Villanueva, Boone, and Okafor at the same time? If so what spots?
Okafor at the 5
Boone at the 4
and Charlie V at the 3?

That's what it would have been, but I certainly don't remember that ever happening.

caw

Reaction Score
espn missing the boat and leaving him out of their espn100 is a complete joke.

I agree but a lot depends on how they are ranking kids. Is it by potential freshman production? Is it by NBA potential? Is it by how kids played in high school? Some combination? I'm not sure what ESPN is using.

Reaction Score
I agree but a lot depends on how they are ranking kids. Is it by potential freshman production? Is it by NBA potential? Is it by how kids played in high school? Some combination? I'm not sure what ESPN is using.
Seems odd a consensus top 50 recruit can sniff their top100.

enoch being so young is such a coup... he'll still be considered a young prospect after his sophomore year, which bodes very well for his potential pro playing career.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that Hamilton will be seeing a ton of time at the 4 unless something happens to Miller.
I imagine KO might decide to move Miller to the five and DHam to the four like he occasionally did when he moved DD to the five and Niels to the 4? How often? Depends on match ups of course.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I imagine KO might decide to move Miller to the five and DHam to the four like he occasionally did when he moved DD to the five and Niels to the 4? How often? Depends on match ups of course.
Absolutely, if miller can handle a college 5(sounds like he can), that lineup would be dirty with our offensive play style.

Reaction Score

Assuming miller adds a little weight and strength and hamilton can get over 200 lbs, then that seems like a realistic lineup against some teams. If KO can find the right mismatches this year, then there's no reason why we can't win 25-30 games (including post season)

Reaction Score
http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/final-2015-rankings-announced

Steve Enoch was the run-away winner of Connecticut's top ranking and his journey was an impressive one over the last few years. A classic late bloomer who became an internet sensation in the spring of his junior year and really never saw consistent high level competition until this season, his true senior year, at St. Thomas More. While he wasn't always as dominant as his reputation suggested, Enoch showed skill both on the block as well as facing the basket and should develop into a consistent interior player at UConn. Connecticut was very likely the deepest of New England's six states this year. Final rankings include 25 prospects while there were other scholarship quality players in the Nutmeg State as well this season.

Reaction Score
You wouldn't necessarily expect a freshman big to be given latitude to shoot the open 3, but I hope we encourage it from Enoch next year. His outside touch is something that's consistently stood out in reports about him since last summer.

Reactions: caw

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not impressed.

Chair.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors