Starting Quarterback | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Starting Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Evers isn't going to be the supreme athlete some assumed he would be. Anything short quickly winning a QB battle against Fagnano is concerning

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Evers isn't going to be the supreme athlete some assumed he would be. Anything short quickly winning a QB battle against Fagnano is concerning
Was unimpressed in the mic’d up segment. To me a QB is a serious dude, always thinking, evaluating and analyzing. He’s the computer of the offense. Evers seemed like a slap buddy. Overly critical I know, but QB play is overly critical to our succcess

Reaction Score
nice to see that while the team may only be two weeks into training camp, at least the boneyard is in mid season form.

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

Reaction Score
Is Joe F is in the hunt, we’re in for a long, long season. Just sayin.

Reaction Score
Was unimpressed in the mic’d up segment. To me a QB is a serious dude, always thinking, evaluating and analyzing. He’s the computer of the offense. Evers seemed like a slap buddy. Overly critical I know, but QB play is overly critical to our succcess
Old man yells at cloud. He's mic'd up, he's supposed to be fun for the video.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Less than 2 weeks and no QB1 announced. This disappointment train never runs out of steam.
Failure on the staff to not put in place a competition model allowing for evaluation and separation. And at this point if they're all equal in the staff's eyes, pick a name from a hat. Someone has to get all the first string snaps for next two weeks.

Reaction Score
Less than 2 weeks and no QB1 announced. This disappointment train never runs out of steam.
Failure on the staff to not put in place a competition model allowing for evaluation and separation. And at this point if they're all equal in the staff's eyes, pick a name from a hat. Someone has to get all the first string snaps for next two weeks.
UConn's practices started 17 days and Evers was not with UConn for spring football. It would seem that Evers was anointed QB1 when he signed with UConn so it is safe to assume he will be the starter. My guess is that it will be announced soon.

Reaction Score
P
When did you become such a curmudgeon?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Random thought…..with recruiting in the past it was always “you need to come in and earn your role”. Now that NIL is involved…will boosters chip in without a guarantee they guy they are paying for will start? Is the ”who is starter” decision taken out of the coaches hands.?

Reaction Score
Random thought…..with recruiting in the past it was always “you need to come in and earn your role”. Now that NIL is involved…will boosters chip in without a guarantee they guy they are paying for will start? Is the ”who is starter” decision taken out of the coaches hands.?
No. Whatever wins games. They're not paying the kid money and saying "here you go coach, this is your quarterback." They're pitching in money when the coach has confidence that the player would contribute to the team, and needs help getting him. This was a topic that came up on Storrs Central a few months ago and they do a good job explaining a lot of these NIL questions. That's why we have the collective, which collects money and has a board that fundraises and manages the money, and not a bunch of free-running donors doing whatever they want.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
No. Whatever wins games. They're not paying the kid money and saying "here you go coach, this is your quarterback." They're pitching in money when the coach has confidence that the player would contribute to the team, and needs help getting him. This was a topic that came up on Storrs Central a few months ago and they do a good job explaining a lot of these NIL questions. That's why we have the collective, which collects money and has a board that fundraises and manages the money, and not a bunch of free-running donors doing whatever they want
that sounds like the way it should be…but when a donor is asked for NIL money for a player and then that player doesnt play…will they hesitate to donate again?

again…just asking. It seems to me that a donor may have expectations tied to their donation. i hope Mora can just play the guys who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. But i wonder if NIL donations are part of the decision making process. not that he would play the lesser player…but if its close…do they take donor opinion into consideration.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'll try to not be a jerk here (although it is one of my strengths) but being a superior athlete and being a quality QB aren't necessarily aligned.

That said, I believe all of us (who haven't had access to all of the scrimmages) are at a minimum disappointed in what we've heard about Evers.

Reaction Score
I'll try to not be a jerk here (although it is one of my strengths) but being a superior athlete and being a quality QB aren't necessarily aligned.

That said, I believe all of us (who haven't had access to all of the scrimmages) are at a minimum disappointed in what we've heard about Evers.
I understand what you’re saying about Evers not looking great so far. However if you realize that he hast played in a real game in 3 YEARS it’s much more understandable. That’s a lifetime for an athlete not facing live game conditions

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why announce a starting QB ? Keep Maryland guessing . It makes their preparation more difficult.
I agree on principal, but, given that there's no tape against anyone but Fagnano, and very limited tape for him unless you count his time at Maine, I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

Reaction Score
that sounds like the way it should be…but when a donor is asked for NIL money for a player and then that player doesnt play…will they hesitate to donate again?

again…just asking. It seems to me that a donor may have expectations tied to their donation. i hope Mora can just play the guys who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. But i wonder if NIL donations are part of the decision making process. not that he would play the lesser player…but if its close…do they take donor opinion into consideration.
Yeah, unfortunately not all NIL players are going to succeed. Guess they move on and not get paid anymore? It often seems like we think UConn has good players based on past performances or our familiarity with them. Much of the time opposing teams do or seem to have better players regardless of conference or historic perception.

Reaction Score
Old man yells at cloud. He's mic'd up, he's supposed to be fun for the video.
Got ya, personally I thought it was supposed to show us the work being put in to improve the QB position.

Fun is winning, and yes, I am an old man and have you seen those damn clouds lately?

Reaction Score

Maybe but if they’re winning games, they won’t care too much. If the player doesn’t play and the team does poorly, that’s where you get concerned.

Reaction Score

Yup.

With his pedigree you would think he would have stood out immediately. That’s not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom