Starting Quarterback | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Starting Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This. Do you want a QB who was ineffective against defensive 1's or a back up who was effective against back ups?

Inquiring minds want to know.

If the the top three are at least equal then conventional wisdom says you start the youngest.

Reaction Score
If Evers can’t beat out fagnano or Welliver, then that is a recruiting problem.

My thoughts are he plays for 2 years and then goes into portal.

If that’s the case then are you saying he will be good?

Reaction Score
If Evers can’t beat out fagnano or Welliver, then that is a recruiting problem.

My thoughts are he plays for 2 years and then goes into portal.
how do you figure? That sounds like an Evers problem not a "recruiting problem". Unless you think kicking the tires wasn't the smart thing to do?

Reaction Score
I’d like to not overreact to 1 play, 1 drive, 1 practice when making decisions. You?

Inquiring minds want to know.
I went to the scrimmage and based on what I saw and what we do here on the boneyard I feel it’s a valid discussion.It’s not an empirical discussion but considering our recent past when it comes to QB choices(either starter or recruiting choices) it seems appropriate

Reaction Score
how do you figure? That sounds like an Evers problem not a "recruiting problem". Unless you think kicking the tires wasn't the smart thing to do?

I think John recently had a stroke. He's not very lucid as of late.

Reaction Score
You don't put all those resources into Evers just to kick the tires. If he's not the runaway number one choice and you are giving him the bag commensurate of a number 1 QB, that is a recruiting problem.

Reaction Score
TJ Sheffield: “Nick is a dual threat guy he can move in the pocket, he can throw it, he can throw on the run, I’m excited to see what he does on game day”

Skyler Bell: “Have you all watched him practice? If you watched him practice you see what I see. The kid is legit. He’s fast, he can run, he’s got a cannon of an arm, he makes the right decisions. He’s one of those quarterbacks that can make you miss, can run by you, can run around you”

Reaction Score
You don't put all those resources into Evers just to kick the tires. If he's not the runaway number one choice and you are giving him the bag commensurate of a number 1 QB, that is a recruiting problem.
Lets give the kid a chance. He really hasn't played in a game in almost 3 years which is almost beyond belief!

Reaction Score
If the the top three are at least equal then conventional wisdom says you start the youngest.
Conventional wisdom also says that you don’t have a QB1 in that scenario…ugh! Wish someone would have separated himself.

Reaction Score
TJ Sheffield: “Nick is a dual threat guy he can move in the pocket, he can throw it, he can throw on the run, I’m excited to see what he does on game day”

Skyler Bell: “Have you all watched him practice? If you watched him practice you see what I see. The kid is legit. He’s fast, he can run, he’s got a cannon of an arm, he makes the right decisions. He’s one of those quarterbacks that can make you miss, can run by you, can run around you”

So he’s mobile. That’s what I get from that.

Reaction Score
I watched Endres light up Baylor at Baylor back in the day. Really good QB. Sad what happened with him afterward. Today it seems we're blessed with more QB talent/depth then we've had in years. I trust the coaches know how to manage it in terms of short and long-term success on the field.
I often wonder what could’ve been for that 2010 team had he stayed off the pipe… what could’ve been for the program… Like… is the difference between where we are today and where we could’ve been (Big 12 or ACC) Endres being at some party on Hunting Lodge Rd and saying “Yeah, I’ll hit that met?”

Reaction Score
I often wonder what could’ve been for that 2010 team had he stayed off the pipe… what could’ve been for the program… Like… is the difference between where we are today and where we could’ve been (Big 12 or ACC) Endres being at some party on Hunting Lodge Rd and saying “Yeah, I’ll hit that met?”
Don’t remember the story. Got in trouble off the field?

Reaction Score

Physical talent doesn't always mean on the field success, there were many talented QB's drafted in the top ten in the NFL who never did anything positive for their team. I hope Evers is great for us, but I would not be surprised at all if someone else on the team is better. Our history with "4 star" transfers is not good.

Reaction Score
Don’t remember the story. Got in trouble off the field?
He and a starting linemen got cut for using amphetamines. Endres had just returned from a drug suspension then failed another test. He would’ve had the starting job easily if he could’ve stayed clean. I know Frazer has his fans here because he “lead” the team to the Fiesta Bowl, but he was not good.

Reaction Score
He and a starting linemen got cut for using amphetamines. Endres had just returned from a drug suspension then failed another test. He would’ve had the starting job easily if he could’ve stayed clean. I know Frazer has his fans here because he “lead” the team to the Fiesta Bowl, but he was not good.
Sad, yeah it’s coming back to me now. Shows you how fragile our program was then, one kid made a difference in the history of the program
Hope he’s doing ok now

Reaction Score
Endres seems like 20 years ago. The last time we had a high octane offense was Cody.

I felt Frazer was similar but not quite as good. I recall a shootout with Cincy in Cincy that was pretty high scoring. Also maybe a win at the Rent with Cody filling in Lorenzen maybe?

Edit: Frazer was the QB at Cincy that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom