Starting Quarterback | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Starting Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm missing something. Lock the thread because you want to have the last word and have no one else be able to challenge it? I agree with your first sentence but sheesh.
Umm... Do I need to response seriously or with another sarcastic comment?!?!

You have stumped me.

Now they can lock the thread.

Reaction Score
I have only 1 hope this year. Please don’t “anoint” a starting QB if there is not one - a clear #1 starter. Let each have some time on the field to make their case.

IE if our starter refuses to pick up a fumble because he doesn’t want to take a hit - bench him! Let the next man come up and “win” the position.

“Riding the horse“ has not gone well for us - let’s let each of top QBs get some game reps as situation demands.

Now with that being said, I saw lots of true freshman QBs last year take the helm and lead their teams. While I am not in favor of putting Cole on the road at Maryland for the whole game, let us not forget that Texas football is not like in New England. These kids are not unaccustomed to playing in front of tens of thousands of opposing fans.

If Cole is the better QB, suit him up and let him play, I don’t want to see the T’Quan sequel with Evers. A QB with very few snaps but highly recruited - come into to show us why he didn’t play for the school he was originally recruited to play.

This isn’t a knock on Evers - It isn’t - I haven’t seen him play - just saying I don’t want us to follow the same strategy that led us into the gutter last year.

Reaction Score
I have only 1 hope this year. Please don’t “anoint” a starting QB if there is not one - a clear #1 starter. Let each have some time on the field to make their case.

IE if our starter refuses to pick up a fumble because he doesn’t want to take a hit - bench him! Let the next man come up and “win” the position.

“Riding the horse“ has not gone well for us - let’s let each of top QBs get some game reps as situation demands.

Now with that being said, I saw lots of true freshman QBs last year take the helm and lead their teams. While I am not in favor of putting Cole on the road at Maryland for the whole game, let us not forget that Texas football is not like in New England. These kids are not unaccustomed to playing in front of tens of thousands of opposing fans.

If Cole is the better QB, suit him up and let him play, I don’t want to see the T’Quan sequel with Evers. A QB with very few snaps but highly recruited - come into to show us why he didn’t play for the school he was originally recruited to play.

This isn’t a knock on Evers - It isn’t - I haven’t seen him play - just saying I don’t want us to follow the same strategy that led us into the gutter last year.
I think it’s somewhat obvious that Cole seems to be the direction the coaches want to take and probably would have taken already if not for NIL and the aforementioned highly recruited aspect.

I don’t see gamesmanship here with it being Evers or Welliver. Both inexperienced and one is a true frosh.

Reaction Score
hello ... is anybody here?
1000005226.gif

Reaction Score
I think it’s somewhat obvious that Cole seems to be the direction the coaches want to take and probably would have taken already if not for
…. The fact he is on 3d string O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds