Starting Quarterback | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Starting Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't care who starts at this point. I'm just ready to watch some UConn Football already!

I think 25-30 attempts is what's needed to keep the run game going. As long as the receivers don't drop easy passes like they did last year then we should be much improved on offense.
It would also be nice if our third down pass attempts could actually be completed after the yard marker. That would do quite a bit for my blood pressure.

Reaction Score
All that stuff doesn't matter if another guy is better.
Ur both accurate imo. That’s everything wrong with NIL. The money will dictate the direction or decision that’s being made based on that fact alone, all the while, maintaining its an amateur competition. It’s BS. The Programs are making significant investments and their going to want to see the results.

The decision needs to be based upon the play on the field. The money will never determine the outcomes on the field outside of the decisions they influence (PT).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When was the last time we had a QB start every game? Multiple guys are going to play.

Reaction Score
Bryant Shirreffs was a very good QB. Could have done a lot more on a good team.

Casey Cochran was a huge talent. His touch and ability to put a soft ball into a tight place with no threat of being intercepted was uncanny. He may have had pre-injury McKenzie Milton level skills, which is saying something. I felt sick wondering if he could have saved this program and gotten us into a P5 if he weren’t hurt.
These guys had a split second to make decisions. Options get very limited with no time. Amazing what Casey did but they both took an unnecessary beating because of it. We've had some good individual linemen but have forgotten what a good o-line looks like. In the era of NIL it would seem to be an area we can compete for guys who don't usually command an exorbitant price tag.

Reaction Score
He was finally given a shot the last 3 games of his second season. Seems like the coaches didn’t have much faith in him.
Maybe for some guys that practice energy level doesn't reflect what you can do when the lights are on. It's understandable coaches don't see it that way. They have to make decisions based on something, but the rah-rah guy in practice isn't always the best guy in the game.

Reaction Score
I’m glad I’m not the only one that was really bothered by that.

1. QBs not jumping on a loose ball
2. Throwing the ball 5 yards behind the first down marker in 3rd down
3. Rosa falling down
4. Rosa locking onto a blocker like a heat seeking missile and running into him as hard as possible
5. Having a heart attack when Buckman attempts to catch a punt
6. Having a really great drive interrupted and ended by a stupid trick play; well Charlton is gone so hopefully we fixed this

Reaction Score
1. QBs not jumping on a loose ball
2. Throwing the ball 5 yards behind the first down marker in 3rd down
3. Rosa falling down
4. Rosa locking onto a blocker like a heat seeking missile and running into him as hard as possible
5. Having a heart attack when Buckman attempts to catch a punt
6. Having a really great drive interrupted and ended by a stupid trick play; well Charlton is gone so hopefully we fixed this
7. Qb throwing in to double coverage on 3rd down when they have 20 yds of open field to run.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
7. Qb throwing in to double coverage on 3rd down when they have 20 yds of open field to run.
Robey’s gone. He was gun shy to run and forced too many throws.

Reaction Score
That’s a name that I had quickly forgotten….man there has been crappy qb play at UConn…lol.
Funny thing was that in his first game, against a Big10 opponent, he looked like he had potential. He moved the ball. Had a critical turnover late after driving down the field. I didnt think he would be the next Tom Brady but he looked like he might have the chance to become a serviceable quarterback. I think under different circumstances he might have been ok. Redshirt year, better coaching and so forth.

Reaction Score
Funny thing was that in his first game, against a Big10 opponent, he looked like he had potential. He moved the ball. Had a critical turnover late after driving down the field. I didnt think he would be the next Tom Brady but he looked like he might have the chance to become a serviceable quarterback. I think under different circumstances he might have been ok. Redshirt year, better coaching and so forth.
Couldn’t have been much. Finished his college career outside the NCAA

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ur both accurate imo. That’s everything wrong with NIL. The money will dictate the direction or decision that’s being made based on that fact alone, all the while, maintaining its an amateur competition. It’s BS. The Programs are making significant investments and their going to want to see the results.

The decision needs to be based upon the play on the field. The money will never determine the outcomes on the field outside of the decisions they influence (PT).
Yup, we have no time to indulge in the sunk cost fallacy.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t have been much. Finished his college career outside the NCAA
He was the starter at Merrimack but got hurt a few games in. I think season endin then basically moved on.

Reaction Score
That’s a name that I had quickly forgotten….man there has been crappy qb play at UConn…lol.
Such a hot mess, momentum/moral killer. reminded me of the Tasmanian Devil paying football in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom