Sorry but need help now more than ever, Best Frozen Pizza? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sorry but need help now more than ever, Best Frozen Pizza?

Reaction Score
Ask Portnoy since he has been doing daily frozen pizza reviews. Even had a UConn reference yesterday in his video. I personally like Mystic and Annie’s. Trader Joe’s has some decent ones as well.

Reaction Score
OK I know this subject is taboo, but a junkie needs his fix. Its the frozen isle for me, yes I can do pickup by my scared arse wife will make it unenjoyable. So what do you eat out of desperation.

Did Digornio's peperroni thin today and it tasted like paper, spicy ketchup with cheese.

Do you all just wait it out, make your own or add a bunch of stuff to it to at least make it edible?

Heading to the grocery store this weekend so any suggestions would be great, even if i have to try a couple.

If you're on or near the shoreline at all Zuppardi's Apizza in West Haven sells frozen versions of their pizzas

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Stew Leonard's little frozen pizzas. Throw some fresh grated parm on it and it's very serviceable. They're deep-dishy, but quite tasty (and toaster oven sized)

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I've eaten a lot of frozen pizzas and they were all terrible except for Chicago's "Home Run Inn." Tastes great and is not expensive. Try it -- you'll like it.

Reaction Score
OK I know this subject is taboo, but a junkie needs his fix. Its the frozen isle for me, yes I can do pickup by my scared arse wife will make it unenjoyable. So what do you eat out of desperation.

Did Digornio's peperroni thin today and it tasted like paper, spicy ketchup with cheese.

Do you all just wait it out, make your own or add a bunch of stuff to it to at least make it edible?

Heading to the grocery store this weekend so any suggestions would be great, even if i have to try a couple.
As long as I have a gas grill and a cast iron pan, frozen is not in the vocabulary.

Reaction Score
Ask Portnoy since he has been doing daily frozen pizza reviews. Even had a UConn reference yesterday in his video. I personally like Mystic and Annie’s. Trader Joe’s has some decent ones as well.
Come on! Instead of feeding me it seems you want me to teach myself how to fish, like this: Linky.

By the way why would I EVER trust Portnoy over the Boneyard? There are about 50 posters here more knowledgeable about pizza than him.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Newman’s Own organic non cured pepperoni thin crust pizza. Only frozen pizza that does not make you feel like $ h i t after you eat it.

Reaction Score
Shop Rite has them on sale for $1 pretty often
Shop rite has pizzas that sell for upwards of $7.50 for $1 “pretty often”? Why do I love so far from a shop rite. When those things are $5 I fill the freezer

Reaction Score
I don't eat frozen pizza,listen to rap and I open my garage door myself.im striking out this week.that don't bother me so much as everyone and their uncle are huddled in all my fishing spots!!

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If you are from CT this pizza place from Durham called Carmine's makes really good frozen pizzas. You can them at Stop n Shop.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ask and ye shall receive...

Is he rating these on a new "frozen pizza" scale or his standard pizza scale? Because if it's the latter, he basically equated Stouffer's with Modern, as if I recall correctly he had Modern scoring in the low 7s.

Reaction Score
I like real pizza but we eat Digiorno fairly often because we grab the 3 packs at Costco. I think it’s ok but nothing like pizzeria pizza. Pepperoni is a must. The plain cheese is crazy boring.

My favorite frozen pizza is Totinos cheese. It doesn’t even taste like pizza, but it is delicious. Add a little salt, garlic and oregano and it is heaven. It tastes different than everything else, but it is a beautiful junk food.

Reaction Score
Is he rating these on a new "frozen pizza" scale or his standard pizza scale? Because if it's the latter, he basically equated Stouffer's with Modern, as if I recall correctly he had Modern scoring in the low 7s.
He said in the beginning if the week frozen pizzas are graded on their own. So a 7 grade on frozen wouldn’t equal a 7 for a pizza place.

Reaction Score
I've eaten a lot of frozen pizzas and they were all terrible except for Chicago's "Home Run Inn." Tastes great and is not expensive. Try it -- you'll like it.

I hear this all the time. I swear I tried it once and didn’t like it but I’m going to have to try it again. So many people say it’s the best frozen pizza.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I go with Paul Newman's personal pizzas. Thin crust and I think all sale proceeds go to his charity so you satisfy your hunger for food and to be philanthropic at the same time.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
These are my favorite by far. Valentinos-have to get them through mail order though. The classic hamburger, Valentino’s special, and pepperoni are awesome. Great lasagna too: Mail Order

Digorno thin crust pepperoni is dynamite. Has to be the thin crust version though.

Red Barron and Freschetta are also good.

I was also told Screamin Sicilian is solid but have not had it yet.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He said in the beginning if the week frozen pizzas are graded on their own. So a 7 grade on frozen wouldn’t equal a 7 for a pizza place.

Whew. Not that I put much weight on his opinions, but good to know it's a different scale.

Reaction Score
Plus he had Modern at 8.8, which is really high on his scale.

Reaction Score
You will drive past nine pizza takeout places on your way to buy a frozen pizza.

You can get a pizza at any one of them and then freeze it when you get home if you’d like.
Zuppardis a really pizza joint delivers frozen pizza.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Costco.
Costco near me carried Mystic Pizza (cheese). They could not keep up with it. Flying out of the freezer. I was one of the customers who bought them on a regular basis. Even though it was plain pizza, we would dress it with mushrooms pepper, or what ever each person wanted. Well worth the money for "ugh", frozen pizza. Well Costco saw this and said hey, lets copy this and market it as Kirkland. Terrible copy cat. They barely left their freezer. I haven't bought a frozen pizza since. We have good pizza places here, but when you have three kids each had their taste. Glad they are gone and on their own.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would like to see BY frozen pizza reviews by BYers who are actually eating their pizza recommendations but reviews are limited to hours of 1:00-3:00 am

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom