Sorry but need help now more than ever, Best Frozen Pizza? | The Boneyard

Sorry but need help now more than ever, Best Frozen Pizza?

Reaction Score
OK I know this subject is taboo, but a junkie needs his fix. Its the frozen isle for me, yes I can do pickup by my scared arse wife will make it unenjoyable. So what do you eat out of desperation.

Did Digornio's peperroni thin today and it tasted like paper, spicy ketchup with cheese.

Do you all just wait it out, make your own or add a bunch of stuff to it to at least make it edible?

Heading to the grocery store this weekend so any suggestions would be great, even if i have to try a couple.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
David Portnoy's One Bite Challenge has Amy's on top so far with a 6.4, Red Baron coming in second with a 6.2.

Di Giorno came in at 2.8, for comparison purposes.

New Haven big 3 were in the 8s. Again, for reference purposes.

Reaction Score
Once I bought an 8 pack of frozen Zuppardi's pizzas, I've never even imagined buying grocery store pizza. 8 for $60. Make room in the freezer.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Half baked pizza is really good. They have a few varieties and they all rock. I like Lake Monster best.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
@UconnMICK just posted a Barstool review on Red Baron in the Best Pizza thread. Apparently they're the best Dave Pageview has had so far. And DiGiorno's sucks ass.

I always liked Tree Tavern as a kid, but I don't know if they even make that anymore.

Anyway, I'd make my own. My freezer doesn't have room for pizza boxes. And making your own is 1000x better.

Reaction Score
Skip the frozen pizza go for the take and bake option. Aldi has great options, but Sams Club take and bake are AWESOME!!!

Reaction Score
Skip the frozen pizza go for the take and bake option. Aldi has great options, but Sams Club take and bake are AWESOME!!!
Sound like the best response so far...

Buy a couple and freeze the others.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
@UconnMICK just posted a Barstool review on Red Baron in the Best Pizza thread. Apparently they're the best Dave Pageview has had so far. And DiGiorno's sucks ass.

I always liked Tree Tavern as a kid, but I don't know if they even make that anymore.

Anyway, I'd make my own. My freezer doesn't have room for pizza boxes. And making your own is 1000x better.

Red Baron for the win (In the category of grocery store frozen pizza).

Thin, Pizzeria style and traditional are all tolerable after a few beers.

Reaction Score
You will drive past nine pizza takeout places on your way to buy a frozen pizza.

You can get a pizza at any one of them and then freeze it when you get home if you’d like.
He's better leaving it out for 24 hours. The virus dies at room temperature on cardboard in a day.

Reaction Score
The correct answers are any number of take and bake or just buy a good pie and freeze... However, for some reason, I am a sucker for Totino's "pizzas." I get it, they are barely pizza and craptastic. But there has always been something about them that is like crack to me. It's not the correct answer, but I offer it as an option. I have an instacart delivery scheduled to deliver a few on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Udis GF ones are better than most of the regular brands. Their margherita is solid. They're just expensive.

Newman's Own is the best bargain per taste ratio. You can get them on sale for $1

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The correct answers are any number of take and bake or just buy a good pie and freeze... However, for some reason, I am a sucker for Totino's "pizzas." I get it, they are barely pizza and craptastic. But there has always been something about them that is like crack to me. It's not the correct answer, but I offer it as an option. I have an instacart delivery scheduled to deliver a few on Tuesday.

Safe to assume your crack addiction started as a poor college student?

Reaction Score
OK I know this subject is taboo, but a junkie needs his fix. Its the frozen isle for me, yes I can do pickup by my scared arse wife will make it unenjoyable. So what do you eat out of desperation.

Did Digornio's peperroni thin today and it tasted like paper, spicy ketchup with cheese.

Do you all just wait it out, make your own or add a bunch of stuff to it to at least make it edible?

Heading to the grocery store this weekend so any suggestions would be great, even if i have to try a couple.
There isn’t one. They all suck.

Reaction Score
I grew up in the midwest - used to eat a lot of Tombstone. Haven't had frozen pizza in a hot minute tho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom