Sorry but need help now more than ever, Best Frozen Pizza? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sorry but need help now more than ever, Best Frozen Pizza?

Reaction Score
Please do. I was about to and someone panned them. Hope they’re great!

Follow up on the Zuppardi's 6 piece I ordered and had shipped in, 6 of them - Cheese, White with tomatoes, Sausage, Sausage/Mushroom, Pepperoni and a Bacon/Onion. Here goes:

Gave the Pepperoni and the Bacon Onion to my son. Ok last Wednesday we cooked the Cheese and the White. My wife loved the white and I liked the Cheese. I will say this, they are small but perfect size for the dinner. Only thing is they need to add more sauce as they dry easily. Also if you go with the 10-12 minutes the crust becomes too hard, not crispy but hard. Still better than the frozen grocery store brands. Then after learning to go 7-9 minutes we did the sausage and sausage shroom on Saturday after having a few outdoors at friends. Much much better the flavor was still really good, much less dry but I do believe you need it to be a little thicker too. It seems the plain cheese and white pizza were a bit too thin. Normally I like thin but when frozen and then needing to be baked at 400 or whatever it dries out too fast. The thickness of the 2 pizzas we had with toppings seemed to keep it's flavor as well as keeping the sauce alive.

Anyway I would do it again they do a nice job. We may try the Chicago style from Goldbelly's now just for the hell of it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Follow up on the Zuppardi's 6 piece I ordered and had shipped in, 6 of them - Cheese, White with tomatoes, Sausage, Sausage/Mushroom, Pepperoni and a Bacon/Onion. Here goes:

Gave the Pepperoni and the Bacon Onion to my son. Ok last Wednesday we cooked the Cheese and the White. My wife loved the white and I liked the Cheese. I will say this, they are small but perfect size for the dinner. Only thing is they need to add more sauce as they dry easily. Also if you go with the 10-12 minutes the crust becomes too hard, not crispy but hard. Still better than the frozen grocery store brands. Then after learning to go 7-9 minutes we did the sausage and sausage shroom on Saturday after having a few outdoors at friends. Much much better the flavor was still really good, much less dry but I do believe you need it to be a little thicker too. It seems the plain cheese and white pizza were a bit too thin. Normally I like thin but when frozen and then needing to be baked at 400 or whatever it dries out too fast. The thickness of the 2 pizzas we had with toppings seemed to keep it's flavor as well as keeping the sauce alive.

Anyway I would do it again they do a nice job. We may try the Chicago style from Goldbelly's now just for the hell of it.

Hmm. Sounds like I should just stick with the Cape Cod pizzas I can get in the store. Those also do well on the grill.

Reaction Score
where do yall find Cape Cod pizzas in store? Goldbelly has them for about 20 a pie which seems steep for a small pie. Just wondering what stores you guys find them in. Living I can't seem to find any decent frozen pizzas near me in stores.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Cape Cod cracking the top 5, especially since my local stores carry them (even Target). I agree with him that Bagel Bites are oddly satisfying. I bought a Trader Joe's frozen recently, will report when I try it.
My wife picked up a Cape Cod pizza and a Red Baron brick oven yesterday at Wegmans so my son and I just split each for lunch. Red Baron was pretty good. We both didn't like the Cape Cod. Crust is strange and too cheesy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
where do yall find Cape Cod pizzas in store? Goldbelly has them for about 20 a pie which seems steep for a small pie. Just wondering what stores you guys find them in. Living I can't seem to find any decent frozen pizzas near me in stores.

I find them at Target here in the Boston suburbs.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My wife picked up a Cape Cod pizza and a Red Baron brick oven yesterday at Wegmans so my son and I just split each for lunch. Red Baron was pretty good. We both didn't like the Cape Cod. Crust is strange and too cheesy.

Too cheesey is not really a thing. I never think any pizza should have visible sauce when seen from above. The crust is my favorite part. But everybody likes something different.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score

agree they need to add more sauce. Very good though and i thought the bacon/onion was the best. I'm going to Caraluzzi's soon to bulk up my freezer.

Reaction Score
agree they need to add more sauce. Very good though and i thought the bacon/onion was the best. I'm going to Caraluzzi's soon to bulk up my freezer.

My son bragged about the bacon onion also!

Reaction Score
I’ve been experimenting with making my own dough. No need to do frozen because I can just make it myself.

Reaction Score
My son bragged about the bacon onion also!
The Goldbelly’s website crashed last night. Finally got an order in for the Zuppardi 6 pack and it won’t be shipped until May 17th? Has anyone out of state had to really wait a month to get their on-line order? Are the CT pizza places so busy that it really takes that long to make and ship 6 pizzas!

Reaction Score
The Goldbelly’s website crashed last night. Finally got an order in for the Zuppardi 6 pack and it won’t be shipped until May 17th? Has anyone out of state had to really wait a month to get their on-line order? Are the CT pizza places so busy that it really takes that long to make and ship 6 pizzas!

Yeah I was baked the other night and I ordered a few six-packs from Zuppardis and my date was May 27. I honestly completely forgot about it until I read your post.

Reaction Score
I’ve been experimenting with making my own dough. No need to do frozen because I can just make it myself.

I've found if you have a good relationship with a pizza place they will sell you dough. Usually buy 2 dozen balls for 10" pizzas for $36.

Can't beat it since its from a very very good pizza place but even middle of the road pizza places most likely make better dough than you can at home

Reaction Score
When you are the best in the world you are in high demand. They still have to fulfill their orders for all their contracts

Reaction Score
I've found if you have a good relationship with a pizza place they will sell you dough. Usually buy 2 dozen balls for 10" pizzas for $36.

Can't beat it since its from a very very good pizza place but even middle of the road pizza places most likely make better dough than you can at home
True! But this also gives me a project... first couple of attempts have been pretty good!

I have also gotten a pretty good chicken pot pie from scratch. That fed us for 5 meals and took HOURS!

Reaction Score
Walmart has large Teflon non-stick coated pizza pans for those who roll there own.slices fall right off,dusted with some flour of course

Reaction Score
With the kids at home for school now, Red Baron has become a staple around here. When I come home from work, no matter what I have for them to eat, they seem to just take that route every day lol.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I haven't gone through this whole thread, but El Pres from Barstool was doing frozen pizza reviews. One bite, everybody knows the rules.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
With the kids at home for school now, Red Baron has become a staple around here. When I come home from work, no matter what I have for them to eat, they seem to just take that route every day lol.
'and the children shall lead the way!' lol.

Reaction Score
At Aldi Food Stores. Mama Cozzi's Supreme. Great price too.
Really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom