Sorry but need help now more than ever, Best Frozen Pizza? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sorry but need help now more than ever, Best Frozen Pizza?

Reaction Score
Has anyone tried zuppardis frozen? I don’t live in Northeast but love new haven style pizza, kinda expensive but willing to try it. Seems like zuppardis really good according to this thread correct?

Reaction Score
I moved out of CT in 91 to the midwest. I have this blurry memory of Celentano or something. Can anyone confirm?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I moved out of CT in 91 to the midwest. I have this blurry memory of Celentano or something. Can anyone confirm?
hehe. pops like to ask 'whatever happened to Roman frozen pizza?' im like 'pops, its the 21st century, peeps don't buy much borax, or swansons tv dinners anymore either. get with the program!' pops believes the swanson thing was the beginning of tater tots. hehe.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
hehe. pops like to ask 'whatever happened to Roman frozen pizza?' im like 'pops, its the 21st century, peeps don't buy much borax, or swansons tv dinners anymore either. get with the program!' pops believes the swanson thing was the beginning of tater tots. hehe.

Borax is great stuff.

Reaction Score
Has anyone tried zuppardis frozen? I don’t live in Northeast but love new haven style pizza, kinda expensive but willing to try it. Seems like zuppardis really good according to this thread correct?
Tried them a few weeks ago. We all agreed they were far from the original, and really just not worth it. I suppose if it’s a choice between zuppardis and digornios, I’d pick zuppardis, but not by much. Closest Central Market where I can get them is about 20 miles away and I don’t think it’s worth that drive.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I go with Paul Newman's personal pizzas. Thin crust and I think all sale proceeds go to his charity so you satisfy your hunger for food and to be philanthropic at the same time.
Circling back to this, El Presidente just did a review and he has Newman's on top of the frozen pizza rankings @ 7.4.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OK I know this subject is taboo, but a junkie needs his fix. Its the frozen isle for me, yes I can do pickup by my scared arse wife will make it unenjoyable. So what do you eat out of desperation.

Did Digornio's peperroni thin today and it tasted like paper, spicy ketchup with cheese.

Do you all just wait it out, make your own or add a bunch of stuff to it to at least make it edible?

Heading to the grocery store this weekend so any suggestions would be great, even if i have to try a couple.

Cape Cod Pizzas. Pricey, but grillable and tasty. Barstool guy gives it 8.5 non frozen.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrP
Reaction Score
Alright alright had to do it. Went on line and got the Zuppardi's 6-pack of pizzas sent to the house. Not a bad deal for $74 overall by the way. I'm sure they are all of the small version but still, a bit of a treat for a western mass family during these times. Will get a score in on them after we receive and devour.

Reaction Score
Alright alright had to do it. Went on line and got the Zuppardi's 6-pack of pizzas sent to the house. Not a bad deal for $74 overall by the way. I'm sure they are all of the small version but still, a bit of a treat for a western mass family during these times. Will get a score in on them after we receive and devour.
Please do. I was about to and someone panned them. Hope they’re great!

Reaction Score
Zupp' frozen are overpriced and flimsy,nothing like the freshmade.Save your money

Reaction Score
I bought two Red Baron frozen pizzas tonight, per the recommendation of The Boneyard. I got a four cheese classic crust and a bacon lovers thin crust. I hope you all didn't lead me astray, because I've never known this place to be a source of misinformation or bad opinions.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"Your" Big Y doesn't have them? Ask thrrm to carry 'em. Then again, this might not be the time.

"My Big Y" did, at $7, not bad, and I've added freshly sautéed broccoli rabe to good effect.

Reaction Score
How did these pizzas end up? Saw Barstool gave them 8.8, highest rating they doled out i think.
I’m not able to send private messages for some reason. Mods please help!

Reaction Score
1586915357402.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
well? we're waiting, ya know. it's been weeks, we're livin thru the zombie apocalypse, and we need info. hook us up already!

Reaction Score
well? we're waiting, ya know. it's been weeks, we're livin thru the zombie apocalypse, and we need info. hook us up already!
Would have been easier if he posted it in this thread instead of the other pizza thread but here it is.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Would have been easier if he posted it in this thread instead of the other pizza thread but here it is.

thank you.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Nice to see Cape Cod cracking the top 5, especially since my local stores carry them (even Target). I agree with him that Bagel Bites are oddly satisfying. I bought a Trader Joe's frozen recently, will report when I try it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom