Some thoughts on Depaul Game (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on Depaul Game (merged)

Reaction Score
So, for all the very smart people (you know who you are) who belittled posters for being concerned about defending Depaul's 3 pt shooting... what were you thinking when the game got down to 4 pts late in the second half? Will you apologize for your hubris? Yes, we won, but it was not pretty. It was a legitimate concern.
No. We scored 55 points in the first half. The rest was garbage time. My hubris will continue uninterrupted...

Reaction Score
The turnovers were ridiculous. Christyn needs to play much better. Kyla didn't do much of anything tonight, which is why I was surprised Geno kept putting her back in. It was an off night for her.
I agree. Kyla needs to look for her shot when she’s at top of key. When she’s in the game everyone knows she’s passing the ball. Also a liability on defense. But plays hard. The only thing is to keep the defense honest.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Last season Christyn could basically move without the ball, find a spot and Lou or Crystal would get the ball to her in a position to finish. This year, Christyn is trying to create off the dribble a lot more, and she is not as effective, at least so far.
I liked how the announcers were talking about us scoring with minimal dribbling...we sometimes forgot that, I think.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just another routine double-digit victory. Ho-hum! In reality, my hair was on fire for the entire second half.

We settled down just enough to ensure the victory. The biggest negative for me was the turnovers. Too many telegraphed passes into the post and dribbles into traffic. Even without pressing, DePaul's quick hands got them lots of turnovers.

But we won and hopefully will learn from it.

Reaction Score
Anyone else worried about Christyn? she is playing like she inn quick sand. 6 TO tonight and she got beat to several lose balls.
Me too. However, in the second half especially DePaul was much quicker to the ball and rebounded better than Uconn in the 2nd half. Nearly every loose ball was DePauls. But if Geno had a back up for CW he may have used her.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Actually, as of late the team looks dead when she’s on the floor.
I spoke about this before. IMO she seems to dribble into double teams and most times it ends with a TO. She did it once tonight but I don't remember if she was taken out shortly after. But I love her play, besides that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not an "I told you so"... just a caution to not belittle posters who have concerns... all voices should be respected.... fyi, even tho I started the post about Depaul taking down Notre Dame and that we needed to defend the 3, I was not really worried.... but I guess I should have been
Not sure who belittled you and how. Calling for people who disagreed with your opinion to apologize is most definitely disrespectful. If everyone on the BY had exactly the same opinion about everything, this would be a really dull forum.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Losing to a ranked team on the road would not in itself have been a disaster, but blowing a 26 point lead is never a good thing. And the 21 turnovers are concerning. CW and Anna had 10 of those turnovers. Still work to be done. Gritty job at the very end and that will pay dividends going forward.

Reaction Score
The hole was dug too deep for DePaul to climb back out of but I give them credit for not giving up and being relentless. I still stand by my moniker that whether we do it by a point or 50, we still got the W and that's all that matters to me. Forgive me for my optimism and being unconcerning.

Reaction Score
This isn't a complaint, but can anyone explain why Geno is benching Aubrey Griffin? Since her coming- out game, her minutes have been severely limited. And when she does play, she brings energy & effort.

This may sound counterintuitive, but AG would do better against a more structured team when she can just use her athleticism against the more controlled team. In a game against a totally hectic team like DePaul, a person who understands the team structure better like Anna would be better.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Also watched the replay of that charge on Meg. The one where the DePaul girl was already falling backward before Meg made contact with her. Loved Chris on the bench jumping up and stamping her feet. Looked like she was saying "No way". That's what I was saying in real time and re-watching just confirmed it. One of the lousier calls of the year by any ref. Amazing they "fell" for that. (Pun intended).

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
DePaul has HEART in Spades...They came back strong...

We are still looking for ours...One team fought for every rebound, loose ball and defended all out...It wasn’t us...

Win is a win...but team needs to toughen up, it can’t be just Megan and Crystal with toughness...

Reaction Score
Oregon State has their highest ranked player this year...30
Sorry no top ten players for the Beavers
What is this on going feud here between U-Conn and Oregon State fans here. I am fairly new to the board but it seems that the two fan bases are not fond of one another. Did I miss something that happened?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This may sound counterintuitive, but AG would do better against a more structured team when she can just use her athleticism against the more controlled team. In a game against a totally hectic team like DePaul, a person who understands the team structure better like Anna would be better.
That's not counterintuitive at all, makes damn good sense. The real problem is that it is going to go over the heads of the growing Geno is not giving Aubrey a chance crowd.

Reaction Score
What is this on going feud here between U-Conn and Oregon State fans here. I am fairly new to the board but it seems that the two fan bases are not fond of one another. Did I miss something that happened?
I'm an Oregon State Fan, and I love the UConn program as well. No feud here.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Also watched the replay of that charge on Meg. The one where the DePaul girl was already falling backward before Meg made contact with her. Loved Chris on the bench jumping up and stamping her feet. Looked like she was saying "No way". That's what I was saying in real time and re-watching just confirmed it. One of the lousier calls of the year by any ref. Amazing they "fell" for that. (Pun intended).
DePaul does a lot of flopping. For the most part, the refs let them play, but that one time one of the refs couldn't resist blowing the whistle.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
DePaul does a lot of flopping. For the most part, the refs let them play, but that one time one of the refs couldn't resist blowing the whistle.
Depaul definitely took flopping lessons from ND playbook tonight. Doug gets a technical and every call after that.

Reaction Score
Was that Creme or cream that didn't rise to the top? Geno is right about UConn's #2 ranking. UConn is vulnerable to any TOP 15 team that has a post player that can lay a body on Ono. Crystal Dangerfield was terrific, and her leadership shined through. Megan Walker was her usual productive self. Ono took care of the 6' and under club. UConn is a top 10 team, but not #2 (today).
Hopefully ONO will get an opportunity to take care of the OSU 6’9” and over club too.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What peed me of the most was in the 3rd quarter instead of tossing the ball in the paint to Liv, we hiked up 6 missed 3's. They could not guard her without fouling and she was automatic. Depaul would have had at least 2 players if not 3 foul out of the game if the refs had called them on the holds on Liv just half of the time, I think they only called 2 all night.Head bang

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Most of us are already married, so we really don't require some silly post from the left coast to say, "I told you so." ;)
Since you admit to being among the married, it is obvious that you are not among the really smart people who know who they are. I used to think I was pretty smart, but with each passing year my bride assures me that I am getting dumber . So I am by definition, not guilty as charged by our San Diego delator. And I think I can get your charges dismissed too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom