Some quotes from Dave Benedict | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

Reaction Score
I heard he was staying up until about two weeks ago. Something changed and now he will not be back.

Who knows at this point. We will find out soon enough
The team played well defensively against a fading SMU
Then the NCAA probe was announced the next day.Dousing any enthusiasm from that win.
The team really hasn’t played hard on defense since .
Rebounding and team D have a direct correlation to effort.
I suspected KO was told then and the team was either, told or picked up on it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Give August a break? Lolz no chance. He wouldn't want me to take it easy on him

Jmick on the boneyard 2018:
0zG5yvR.gif

Reaction Score
I heard he was staying up until about two weeks ago. Something changed and now he will not be back.

Who knows at this point. We will find out soon enough

#Chiefconfirmed
#pleasemakeitbeover

Reaction Score
To fire KO is to end all connections to the Calhoun era as no one else from his coaching tree has had any real success. That's perfectly fine but it casts you into the void of short term coaches who will move onto other programs that can pay more if they do what we all want them to do. That's also fine.
A. Not necessarily true because Jim Calhoun is still alive and any smart coach that they hire can re-engage and bring Calhoun back into the fold.
B. And of course the alumni are always the alumni and always root for the school. It might be easier to get Ray Allen to stop by practice if KO is coach, but that's not exactly producing results. Bottom line is the alumni don't sever ties so there will always be connections to the Calhoun era because there are so many strong players that have true loyality and gratitude towards UConn.
C. Regarding coaches you are relying on names floated. Are you honestly myopic enough to believe that there are no good basketball coaches on earth that are emerging & capable of improving UConn. There are probably at least 20 guys working in coaching today that will be the stars of tomorrow - the problem is finding them, identifying the right fit, hiring them and giving them the resources to succeed. But to say there are no good coaches out there is beyond pessimism.
D. Addressed this before, but the so-called 'void of short-term coaches' is predicated on a guy having SUCCESS at UConn that propels him to move on. The success at UConn part is worth the gamble.
Almost everyone's arguments against searching for a new coach are fear based pessimism. (1) Give Ollie one more chance because he's best bet for a 1-yr turnaround (already tried this, subsequent year bar keeps lowring) (2) No good options anywehere in coaching ranks, (3) if we find someone good they'll leave, (4) we only have 1 chance, (5) the Calhoun era will be over [hint: already ended].

With respect to UConnDad I applaud the optimism and bright side of improving your seats. It is absolutely a silver lining that fans that stick with the program get closer to the court during this regression. I respect this. The cloud enveloping the silver lining is the simple economic reason the location of seats improves is the value (fun of games, quality of players, execution = product we watch) is going down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Zionn said “NEXT”. What is there left to discuss. He’s batting like .999999

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member