Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The State of Connecticut taxpayers paid for that roof and now we are broke. UConn still owes a Kevin Ollie $10 million!

GE moved out to Boston, Malloy suspended every highway project in the State and we need to add highway tolls. Hartford is on the brink of bankruptcy and we have to spend $100 million just to sell the Civic Center to a private buyer.

Who is writing these checks on your behalf for UConn athletics? You must not be a State taxpayer.

The arrogance of some of you fans throwing State money at an Athletic Department in disarray. Sorry, but there are a lot less UConn fans than you think, and even less who think UConn can buy it way out of administrative mismanagement, poor coaching, and dwindling attendance.

You just paid $5 m to get rid of Diaco and are paying Randy Edsall $1 M a year - why in the world should we expect UConn to pay Hurley $2M a year?

If we're in such a tight pinch, let's just shut down CCSU

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The State of Connecticut taxpayers paid for that roof and now we are broke. UConn still owes a Kevin Ollie $10 million!

GE moved out to Boston, Malloy suspended every highway project in the State and we need to add highway tolls. Hartford is on the brink of bankruptcy and we have to spend $100 million just to sell the Civic Center to a private buyer.

Who is writing these checks on your behalf for UConn athletics? You must not be a State taxpayer.

The arrogance of some of you fans throwing State money at an Athletic Department in disarray. Sorry, but there are a lot less UConn fans than you think, and even less who think UConn can buy it way out of administrative mismanagement, poor coaching, and dwindling attendance.

You just paid $5 m to get rid of Diaco and are paying Randy Edsall $1 M a year - why in the world should we expect UConn to pay Hurley $2M a year?

We’ll shut down CCSU and sell the land to pay for everything.

Reaction Score

Come back when you have a plan to cure CTs real problems, the underfunded pension funds for the thousands of overcompensated state union employees that raise our taxes to extreme highs chasing out all the earners. Until them STFU. UCONN is actually good for the state.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I get that this top compensation for college coaches these days, but this is INSANE. Steve Spurrier was thrilled to get $70,000 a year from Duke in 1987 to be the head 'ball coach, after being thrilled previous to that to make $70,000 for the first time coaching the Tampa Bay Bandits of the USFL.

I know, it's amazing. The schools with cash are starting to throw it around. Chris Holtmann at OSU makes $7.2m! Yes it's an outlier, but still. (I'm leaving K's $9m out because it's K)

Louisville's got a ton of cash, and they are going to have to pony up, given the sanctions they're facing.

Reaction Score
8 NCAA tournaments sounds a bit high? JC was 18/25. Under Hurley, I'd think in the 65%-70% neighborhood. jmo tho

And remember, Hurley has to build this up again. Not from scratch, but this isn't an F16 ready to take off.

Yes, I agree that it will take a few years to get up to that consistent level of performance, but I think we're splitting hairs on the details.

I would expect our years to fall into these 4 categories, in about equal proportion:
A) fringe-bubble or rebuilding year after a large successful graduating/early-entrant class (let's say 2007 or 2015)
B) right side of the bubble, flirting with Top 25 (2012 or 2016)
C) solidly Top 25, protected seed, chance to shock a top team (2003 or 2008)
D) Top 10, legitimate contender

In our heyday under JC, we had about 2/10 years as Type A, 1/10 as Type B, 3/10 as Type C, and 4/10 as Type D. I would expect under Hurley this shifts downward, with a lower or less-frequent ceiling, but a comparable floor.

Reaction Score
URI blog saying he is going to Pitt ( 17 minutes ago). Announcement tomorrow

Hope recruits aren't paying attention. If they know we got stiffed by our top choice, it can get really ugly...

Reaction Score

I would pay him 2M.
They have said many things these past few days.

I didn't even know they had a board to chat hoops. Guess I will turn to good ole google to check it out! :p

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Community colleges most likely.

Over the long haul the state wont be able to pay for all the things we have today and so the knife eventually will come to the lesser 4 year schools. UConn Storrs will get cuts too, but the non flag ship four year schools could really take a punch - say two recessions from now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hope recruits aren't paying attention. If they know we got stiffed by our top choice, it can get really ugly...

Everyone will know. It will be front page news.

Reaction Score
Think Hurley cares if UConn is in the AAC? Would it be an easier decision if UConn was in the Big East?

Reaction Score

Got news for ya pal, if he comes that’s what he’s getting, and if it’s not him whoever else will get close to it.

Reaction Score
I get that this top compensation for college coaches these days, but this is INSANE. Steve Spurrier was thrilled to get $70,000 a year from Duke in 1987 to be the head 'ball coach, after being thrilled previous to that to make $70,000 for the first time coaching the Tampa Bay Bandits of the USFL.
This clearly wins Non-Sequitur of the day. The really crazy thing is, a new car in 1925 was $300. CRAZY!!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Okay so we know he might sleep on the decision. Hopefully he doesn’t, but I’m still not sure why everyone is freaking out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom