Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say no one knows anything

Fair. Dan Hurley, his wife, his kids, his dad, his brother, their families other than that no one knows or it would have been leaked because there is no incentive for any side to let this go on for weeks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Post from URI Board: (from a different person right after that PC fan posted about his friend who texted that Hurley is staying)

A friend of mine who is the personal attorney of a B of T member at UConn told me 20 minutes ago that "This DEAL is COOKED and BAKED..." meaning all the conjecture of Dan Hurley to the University of Connecticut is OVER.

Hurley will be the next coach at Connecticut. Money was the most important factor but not the only one. There was clearly no sensitivity or regard for players and fans of URI. Yes of course he feels bad for Russell et al. BUT the cash cow element of this takes precedent. It is all business.

Sorry its over. I tried in another post to help disclose some important info. I understand the mods actions. Respected and understood!
The poster who posted that has now been banned from the URI messageboard because they detected he was a fraud and they have advised people to disregard all his posts.

Reaction Score
I don't have a lot of inside sources - but everyone I talk to at UConn is *convinced* he's coming. I was told they're all but planning the press conference.

And i know enough to know a bit at what's going on at URI and they're resigned to him being gone.

And everyone knew Pitt would throw money.

On all accounts, he's coming here.
It just wouldn't be the first time we've been left at the altar. That's why everyone's nervous

Reaction Score
"UConn can do much better." Like who? Apparently UConn decided that Hurley was the best candidate for the job and DB is going after him hard and that is all you can ask.
Is Hurley the best candidate? There is no sane way to answer that question but based upon the coaches available I'd say he is less of a gamble than the others.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I wonder if URI would let Harris out of his commitment, boy could we use him!

Reaction Score
We can't lose to Pitt. If he stays at URI, so be it, but we can't let Pitt beat us again. First the ACC and then Hurley. That would be the dagger. PLEASE DANNY PLEASE COME TO CT

Reaction Score
I don't have a lot of inside sources - but everyone I talk to at UConn is *convinced* he's coming. I was told they're all but planning the press conference.

And i know enough to know a bit at what's going on at URI and they're resigned to him being gone.

Any idea of when the press conference will be? Will season ticket holders get invited like they were for randy?

Reaction Score
Fair. Dan Hurley, his wife, his kids, his dad, his brother, their families other than that no one knows or it would have been leaked because there is no incentive for any side to let this go on for weeks.

Forget weeks, days or even hours. I tjink if there was an announcement coming today we would know by now. A little late to pull people together for press conference

Reaction Score
Tomorrow morning press conference so he can get back out to Storrs??

Let the college kids party and drink this Nor'Easter away!

Reaction Score

I know most everyone is either too young to remember or too far north for it to have mattered. But in 2000, UNC was convinced they had Roy’s word he was coming. Not the fans or insiders, but the administration and the coaches. But they let him fly home and that was all she wrote as the UNC fan base turned on itself for the next three years.

Long story short, nothing is certain. Heck, even Roy’s image as Fredo in the minds of every N.C. teenager didn’t survive long. Get the deal signed as soon as possible, because the longer it sits the more uncertain things become.

Reaction Score
I know most everyone is either too young to remember or too far north for it to have mattered. But in 2000, UNC was convinced they had Roy’s word he was coming. Not the fans or insiders, but the administration and the coaches. But they let him fly home and that was all she wrote as the UNC fan base turned on itself for the next three years.

Long story short, nothing is certain. Heck, even Roy’s image as Fredo in the minds of every N.C. teenager didn’t survive long. Get the deal signed as soon as possible, becaus the longer it sits the more uncertain things become.
To be fair there, Kansas --> UNC is a different beast than URI --> UConn.

But I take your point. This AD has been utterly surprised in the past.

Reaction Score
The going rate is established by what it takes to sign him and that number may be just shy of $3MM. Which upper midlin do you think UConn can get for $3MM?

Reaction Score
There doesn't have to be a press conference for us to know he's coming.

Your right. But id this was done, a press conference would be scheduled for tomorrow at the latest. And it would be leaking already

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure...the URI fan base on Keany Blue is now starting to realize after the Pitt offer that URI is WAY behind the 8 ball in terms of salary $$ and program improvement $$.

Reaction Score
With all the loot UCONN basketball has made over the last 25+ years, there has to be money to sign him.

Get it done so we can move on!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One thing is for sure...the URI fan base on Keany Blue is now starting to realize after the Pitt offer that URI is WAY behind the 8 ball in terms of salary $$ and program improvement $$.
A lesson for everyone who thinks dropping football is the answer. The P5 is where the money is. If you are not a P5 school then sooner or later you will be priced out of the A list coaching talent.

Reaction Score
see attachment - from providence journal sportswriter
dan hurley.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

So you're saying we are gonna wait until 2021 to hire Hurley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom