Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pitt must have liked what they saw over the weekend. I really thought Matta would be the perfect fit for them. I’m also waiting to hear about Mack to Louisville. But, hey, once Penny got hired at Memphis, the earth tilted on its axis and anything is possible.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So he's had his meeting with URI. If we don't hear something tonight I'll be worried.

Yeah, that's my feeling too. Tonight or tomorrow. If this goes beyond noon tomorrow, snow or not, well.....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Of course UConn guys have been "shocked" with almost every "no" they've gotten in the last few years.
As was Calhoun when we didn't get Bill Curley.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
AAC vs. ACC has been discussed enough in this thread, so I don't think my two cents would change much. But this statement, by the head coach of a powerhouse basketball school, should alert some.
It's not surprising at all. But we don't need to get the best kids, we need to get the right kids who can be developed. Hell, Calhoun didn't get the best kids for much of his career. I think Hurley will be able to find enough of those kids in the northeast.

Looked awhile back and saw Villanova's classes are generally in the 25-30 range. All you gotta do is get the right kids, and coach them very well. And no, the next coach will not be Jay Wright. But Jay Wright wasn't Jay Wright when he got there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't think that's a fair conclusion to reach.
Maybe not... but given all the circumstances (his affinity for RH/the short move, our history, our facilities, his northeast roots/connections) we should be a perfect fit for him. Truly perfect. And so the opportunity to maximize his potential as a coach and return the school to the Calhoun days all with a wonderful pay raise should be almost irresistible.

Reaction Score
I don't have a lot of inside sources - but everyone I talk to at UConn is *convinced* he's coming. I was told they're all but planning the press conference.

And i know enough to know a bit at what's going on at URI and they're resigned to him being gone.

And everyone knew Pitt would throw money.

On all accounts, he's coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin