Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't understand why "casual fan" has such negative connotations to many - especially casual fans? Everyone has different priorities and interests and frankly different skill sets. If you just want to tailgate or cheer and not know the "inside baseball" version of events that's fine. In many UConn sports I am the casual fan - I am glad they won the game but if they lost - I have no investment and relatively little knowledge about the team.

Here's the thing, if this is the criteria, then no one on this board is 'the casual fan'.

pj

Reaction Score
Scott was stronger, more explosive and a more skilled athlete.

As a high school senior? Didn't see Burrell in high school. Obviously Sid needs to get stronger and grow his skills, but that's what college is for.

Reaction Score
Scott was stronger, more explosive and a more skilled athlete.

Burrell is one of the most underrated players we've ever had. He was the first player in NCAA history w/ over 1500 points, 750 rebounds, 275 assists and 300 steals. If Wilson could get anywhere near those numbers than he would exceed all expectations.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As a high school senior? Didn't see Burrell in high school. Obviously Sid needs to get stronger and grow his skills, but that's what college is for.

High School senior Burrell was a multi sport athletic god. Drafted by the Mariners as a HS senior. 1st American athlete to be drafted in the 1st rd of two different major sports.

Reaction Score
Haha I got no great information hearing UConn loc st. John's lock. This is another one of those roller coaster last minute recruiting. Heard UConn is really pushing it today. Also heard Texas is not out of this. So like I said I got nothing
LOL. Sounds like a typical recruiting saga. Remind me again why we follow this stuff? Smh.

Reaction Score
I saw Scotty in HS but it was on the mound. He threw bebes.

Reaction Score
My guess is he, mom and dad all know his decision but that is it.

They're milking this for the free publicity. We'll find out at 6.

Reaction Score
Burrell is one of the most underrated players we've ever had. He was the first player in NCAA history w/ over 1500 points, 750 rebounds, 275 assists and 300 steals. If Wilson could get anywhere near those numbers than he would exceed all expectations.[/QU
He was the best pure athlete every to play at UConn. Plus he could shoot.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

lilith-youtube.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

After he'd committed to UConn he played an American Legion game in my town. I was probably 12 or so. All of us who were playing or practicing that day queued up outside his dugout to get his autograph. He signed my hat.

First round, MLB and NBA. What an athlete.

LoveMeSomeUC

"My point being" James A. Calhoun
Reaction Score
On what media playform will he be making this announcement? Twitter or do we get a video stream?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
High School senior Burrell was a multi sport athletic god. Drafted by the Mariners as a HS senior. 1st American athlete to be drafted in the 1st rd of two different major sports.

And Norte Dame wanted him to play QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin