Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Following this site has made me like UConn basketball considerably less. It's embarrassing.
Wasn't the strongest off season for the 'Yard. I will give you that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wasn't the strongest off season for the 'Yard. I will give you that.
only bc the trolls from other boards and other teams came to this site when we were losing. they're never hear when we've had good years or during the off season

Reaction Score
The Crystal Ball has to be the dumbest thing invented in the recruiting media. Go ask Jerry Meyer how they all did with their predictions for DeAndre Ayton. Even up to the day before he announced.
They are right more than wrong but some picks are obvious and recruiting is just too fluid to be accurate. Plus they change their picks as teams get eliminated or if their pick is out of the picture. Crystal Ball is just another element to consider but there is no Bible.

Reaction Score
Waiting for @husky99 to drop a 99bomb(yup that was corny)

Haha I got no great information hearing UConn loc st. John's lock. This is another one of those roller coaster last minute recruiting. Heard UConn is really pushing it today. Also heard Texas is not out of this. So like I said I got nothing

C

Chief00

If you have to ask, you are not the we.

You're just a casual fan. You are several steps below the dedicated fan, like Chief.

Of course, Chief is several steps below the exceptional fan designation reserved for fans who started message boards. We get a VIP card and window stickers, you know.
Agreed. Lot more grind to get to that level.

I don't understand why "casual fan" has such negative connotations to many - especially casual fans? Everyone has different priorities and interests and frankly different skill sets. If you just want to tailgate or cheer and not know the "inside baseball" version of events that's fine. In many UConn sports I am the casual fan - I am glad they won the game but if they lost - I have no investment and relatively little knowledge about the team. Now that I am captively investing money in these sports via the facility fee - maybe I will change my interest level - but I doubt it.

Reaction Score
St Johns board seems to be a lot less confident now.

Only thing I know is that no one knows.

C

Chief00

Haha I got no great information hearing UConn loc st. John's lock. This is another one of those roller coaster last minute recruiting. Heard UConn is really pushing it today. Also heard Texas is not out of this. So like I said I got nothing
What a kid tells them on social media chat after seeing a hot bitch at the school doesn't always count for much - when SJU is handing out a $15k check- deposited each of 4 years. Parents and teenagers can see that decision very differently.

So hopefully the Warde in the Tropics Special Event night at the Yardgoats game wasn't ignoring these factors.

To Fairfield fan - no change in my rating.

C

Chief00

He reminds me of Sticks for some reason. Not sure that's a good comp but he is who I thought of when watching the video.
Thought the same thing with some differences - not as explosive a jumper as Sticks and both have to work on their handle and shot.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So hopefully the Warde in the Tropics Special Event night at the Yardgoats game wasn't ignoring these factors.

Talk about being on the "wrong side of history" - what a casual fan move, always adding in cheap shots against Ollie. Why the hate, Chief? Can't bring yourself to root for anyone besides Calhoun to succeed here?

C

Chief00

Talk about being on the "wrong side of history" - what a casual fan move, always adding in cheap shots against Ollie. Why the hate, Chief? Can't bring yourself to root for anyone besides Calhoun to succeed here?

Channeling my inner Calhoun - pushing buttons to motivate our side with this Warde in the Tropics special event night at the Yardgoat game comparison.

I am the dude with the "Confirmed" rating; who do you think was my source? You are so out of touch.

Reaction Score
What a kid tells them on social media chat after seeing a hot bitch at the school doesn't always count for much - when SJU is handing out a $15k check- deposited each of 4 years. Parents and teenagers can see that decision very differently.

To Fairfield fan - no change in my rating.
I think it's fair to say that nobody here has an idea what Sid is doing and that UConn, SJ & Tx are all possible landing spots despite what anyone claims to know. So if we don't get him I don't think anyone should be surprised.....kids & families have their reasons that nobody but them know....if we do get him then you'll look like a genius so you have that going for you.

pj

Reaction Score
Rudy Johnson 2.0

Good comp, hopefully he doesn't catch Rudy's injury bug and has the NBA success Rudy should have known. Scott Burrell is another UConn comp who was having a great NBA career until injuries took him down. I'm glad we've fixed the strength and conditioning, that's going to be a major factor in recruiting athletes like Sid. Carlos Daniel is first-class.

C

Chief00

I think it's fair to say that nobody here has an idea what Sid is doing and that UConn, SJ & Tx are all possible landing spots despite what anyone claims to know. So if we don't get him I don't think anyone should be surprised.....kids & families have their reasons that nobody but them know....if we do get him then you'll look like a genius so you have that going
Good comp, hopefully he doesn't catch Rudy's injury bug and has the NBA success Rudy should have known. Scott Burrell might be another UConn comp.
Scott was stronger, more explosive and a more skilled athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom