Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't imagine he'd leave NYC for highschool just to return for college. Kid definitely wants higher level basketball

Reaction Score
I don't get how you are drawing a correlation between wanting to go to one of the best prep schools in the country, to choosing a college.
He didn't have to go to Brewster's to get to St. John's. Is it crazy to think he wants a higher level of basketball based on previously going to play a higher level of basketball?

Reaction Score
He didn't have to go to Brewster's to get to St. John's. Is it crazy to think he wants a higher level of basketball based on previously going to play a higher level of basketball?
That's not the point you said "Can't imagine he'd leave NYC for highschool just to return for college. Kid definitely wants higher level basketball", and all I was saying is not to read into his choice of going to prep school as his way of saying he didn't want to play close to home in college. Clearly by his list he has no problem playing in New York or close to it.

Reaction Score
That's not the point you said "Can't imagine he'd leave NYC for highschool just to return for college. Kid definitely wants higher level basketball", and all I was saying is not to read into his choice of going to prep school as his way of saying he didn't want to play close to home in college. Clearly by his list he has no problem playing in New York or close to it.

I think you're being unncessarily defensive.

It makes sense that a kid who went to Brewster, one of the top prep programs in the country, would want to play at a really good college. certainly something better than St. John's. His team at Brewster might be able to beat St. John's...

Relax.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He's visiting St. John's.

He is clearly interested in St. John's.

I was trying to think of a nicer way around it, but I can't - your line of thought is silly. The kid was going to play at high-major level no matter where he went to high school.

Reaction Score

I imagine if he opts for St. Johns he'll be doing so under the impression that they *will* play high level basketball. I know there is a tendency on here to think that programs that have been bad will be bad forever, but not all players think like that, especially given Chris Mullin appears to have them of the ground. They had a couple really good underclassmen guards last season and could be a real player sooner than later. It's not hard to see the appeal of a New York City kid staying home to play at the Garden and revitalize NYC basketball.

Reaction Score
I'm curious is the Chris Mullin legend still alive for these young kids? Not sure if he can coach or if he's learning on the job, but he was something special as a player and I would think that's only hearsay to these younger kids coming out of HS but I could be wrong. He has shown thus far he won't take too much crap from kids and seems to dismiss those who aren't on board. A couple years later still an interesting hire which we will see whether it pans out or not.

Reaction Score
If they're from NYC, they probably revere him. If not, they probably don't even really know who he is.

Yeah I was pointing to the NYC and area kids. Legend lives a long time down there I am sure.

Reaction Score
Florida got another crystal ball pick yesterday. Has anyone heard a specific reason or connection for the Florida buzz?

I know they have a very good team and filled the loss of Robinson with Koulechov which was huge. I like Mike White too, but I'm just wondering if there is anything else to it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm curious is the Chris Mullin legend still alive for these young kids? Not sure if he can coach or if he's learning on the job, but he was something special as a player and I would think that's only hearsay to these younger kids coming out of HS but I could be wrong. He has shown thus far he won't take too much crap from kids and seems to dismiss those who aren't on board. A couple years later still an interesting hire which we will see whether it pans out or not.

Well, you can ride the 'hi I'm a 1st Ballot NBA HOFer' train pretty damn far. Not hard to stay relevant with that.

Reaction Score

Kids definitely know who Chris Mullin is. It isn't like he's George Mikan. Guy played on the dream team.

Reaction Score
Kids definitely know who Chris Mullin is. It isn't like he's George Mikan. Guy played on the dream team.

Dream team was before they were born.

I haven't been paying much attention - I had no idea this kid was in play for the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom