Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This man was born with one purpose in life: to troll UConn fans

And the people who say zags hates uconn gets shllt for it. I stopped following him over a year ago

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This man was born with one purpose in life: to troll UConn fans

Does any official visit get reported as not going well? Only one time in the 25 years I have been following recruiting have I seen that. When Jarvis was at St. John's one of the recruits who had just visited St. John's pretty much said the visit stunk. Only time I have ever seen that.

Reaction Score
Does any official visit get reported as not going well? Only one time in the 25 years I have been following recruiting have I seen that. When Jarvis was at St. John's one of the recruits who had just visited St. John's pretty much said the visit stunk. Only time I have ever seen that.

We heard that the Diarra 2.0 and Taurean Thompson visits did not go well.

Reaction Score
Like Hooper said, it's almost a given that any official visit will "go well." That basically translates to "Sid is on-campus." Zag stating the obvious doesn't concern me. Had he said Sid was having an amazing visit or outstanding time, then we may have reason for concern.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This "I'm hearing" nonsense is just garbage.

First, who are you hearing from?

Second, unless it's directly from the kid how can you take it at anything but a guess.

I just think all these ebbs and flows that are prsented are false and only there to form some compelling narrative.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score

Second, unless it's directly from the kid how can you take it at anything but a guess.

I just think all these ebbs and flows that are prsented are false and only there to form some compelling narrative.

Agreed. Lots of conflicting reports. First we hear "long long long shot", now someone is hearing good things.

Reaction Score
His game reminds me a lot of Kuran Iverson

Looking at him maybe, but their games are not too close at the HS / Prep love. Iverson like to hang around the perimeter at 6'8' and this kid at 6'6" looks like he has a lot of potential around the basket. Won't get too excited on the paws thing but would really love to have this kid. While thinnish at this age he still seems strong around the hoop, add a little more muscle could be a huge problem for teams.

Reaction Score

Agreed. Same with the "I'm hearing more Texas than UConn." It's the verbal equivalent of 247 Crystal Ball, and it's mostly meaningless when the kid still has to take visits and almost assuredly hasn't actually made a decision yet.

Reaction Score
Know someone who saw Ollie with Sid the other night at capital grille in Hartford. Was right near them and thought it was going really well. Doesn't mean much but figured I'd pass along. Don't shoot the messenger

Reaction Score
Why would he post that message while on his St. John's visit?
Who knows. He had to know posting those eyes with dog paws would create buzz within UConn Nation. The question is was he trolling or hinting at something. Something also to remember. They said our visit went "Great" while st johns is going "well". Just something to ponder

EDIT: Nvmind the st johns visit was 'great' too. Lol

Reaction Score
Random question, but has anyone heard anything about Tevin Mack? I know he has his issues but if we miss on Wilson why not give him a shot.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Random question, but has anyone heard anything about Tevin Mack? I know he has his issues but if we miss on Wilson why not give him a shot.
bc it would eat up a 2018 schollie basically bc he wouldnt be able to play this year. get someone to play this year or the rest for '18

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't it be going well? You get 5 official visits. More than likely you have interest in those schools and coaches and like them. Visits can go well and not end in that kid going to that school.

This being said it's his choice.

It wouldn't go well because St. John's is a mediocre school in the congested dump that is Queens. Yuck.

Reaction Score
bc it would eat up a 2018 schollie basically bc he wouldnt be able to play this year. get someone to play this year or the rest for '18
I mean, he's really not any different than the UMass duo or Devon Daniels in that sense, both of which we've reached out to.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I mean, he's really not any different than the UMass duo or Devon Daniels in that sense, both of which we've reached out to.
That's true but I think Daniels is more talented and would be a better grab

Reaction Score
That's true but I think Daniels is more talented and would be a better grab
Agreed there. I'm hoping we get Daniels, won't be disappointed when Mack goes elsewhere like I was when he committed out of HS. Haven't seen much of what it was, but Mack seemed to have a lot more off the court problems than Daniels did at Utah

Reaction Score
The joy of recruiting. The new news I hear from two pretty good sources is that Uconn and st. John's is neck-and-neck. His family really likes him being close to the city and family but coaches are big fans of Uconn. Probably won't go on another visit. And the joy is that this all might be hot air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom