Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The joy of recruiting. The new news I hear from two pretty good sources is that UConn and st. John's is neck-and-neck. His family really likes him being close to the city and family but coaches are big fans of UConn. Probably won't go on another visit. And the joy is that this all might be hot air.
The Paws..... That instagram post meant something i know it!!!! Haha

QUESTION: we went from long long long shot to neck and neck. That mustve been an impressive visit huh?

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
The joy of recruiting. The new news I hear from two pretty good sources is that UConn and st. John's is neck-and-neck. His family really likes him being close to the city and family but coaches are big fans of UConn. Probably won't go on another visit. And the joy is that this all might be hot air.

If you are comparing Mullen vs. Ollie as a coach, it's night and day. Doesn't surprise me that the coaches prefer UConn because of this.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I may have missed it, but did he visit UCONN ever?

Reaction Score
Isaiah needs to give him some Husky love and partner up.

The fun of recruiting, to me on this one the staff did the best they could to this point and need to find a value-add close tonight. Tough to win over the "home advantage" but need to find a way. Just like the Senior mix tape just swayed me into thinking he's a "must" it's the staffs turn find IT.

Reaction Score
Different sources. The newest information is from a better more plugged in with his recruiting guy
Oh ok. Thanks 99 for the info!! Greatly appreciated

Reaction Score
Grain of salt, grain of salt. As long as everyone always remembers this you can never get too high or too low about recruiting information.

Reaction Score
Grain of salt, grain of salt. As long as everyone always remembers this you can never get too high or too low about recruiting information.
I envy you. I find it impossible to not get excited about good recruiting news, and this is very good news

Reaction Score

Yep you are a hundred percent correct Hooper

Reaction Score
What's it take for the average person to get from NYC to Storrs? Like 4 hours? Surely that's not too far for an upgrade in campus, facilities, coaching, pedigree, current and future roster outlook, and education? Plus we'll be playing at least a couple games in NYC while he's here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I envy you. I find it impossible to not get excited about good recruiting news, and this is very good news

Weird. I get zero hopes or emotions up about it. I look at it as a mildly entertaining soap opera. A while ago, I might have got caught up, but there was much less info floating around then. And was a simpler game.

Reaction Score
What's it take for the average person to get from NYC to Storrs? Like 4 hours? Surely that's not too far for an upgrade in campus, facilities, coaching, pedigree, current and future roster outlook, and education? Plus we'll be playing at least a couple games in NYC while he's here.
4 hours if you're riding a horse and buggy.

Reaction Score
Weird. I get zero hopes or emotions up about it. I look at it as a mildly entertaining soap opera. A while ago, I might have got caught up, but there was much less info floating around then. And was a simpler game.
I dont get too down about bad news tho, strange

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
about 2-2.5

Reaction Score
One of the underappreciated aspects of potentially landing Wilson, Waters & Daniels is that it makes our 2018 recruiting efforts less of an existential endeavor. If we get those two guys, and lose Adams, Larrier & Anderson after next year, this is what we'd be going into 2018-19 with:

PG: Gilbert (RS-So), Waters (So)
SG: Vital (Jr), Daniels (RS-So)
SF: Wilson (So)
PF: Diarra (RS-So), Polley (So)
C: Cobb (Sr), Carlton (So)

Obviously we'd have to close the deal on three pretty highly regarded recruits in the next couple of weeks, and we'd have to hope that the bigs are legit if we're to have any kind of upside. But the staff will deserve a round of applause if they manage to both avoid an outright catastrophe and build a solid core for the years to come after the way this offseason began.

Reaction Score
about 2-2.5

Yea if it's 230 am. For a 7 o'clock game you better be leaving nyc around 230-3. It takes a minimum of 2.5 hours to get back to West haven when working in the city and leaving around 3-330

Reaction Score
St. Johns to uconn book store 138 miles and just under 3 hours via mapquest.

Reaction Score
St. Johns to UConn book store 138 miles and just under 3 hours via mapquest.

That's no traffic. You leave at 3 pm you hit nyc traffic to get out of the city then Fairfield county traffic and then it opens up after exit 27 in Bridgeport before hitting more traffic from around exit 40 to the q bridge

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
One of the underappreciated aspects of potentially landing Wilson, Waters & Daniels is that it makes our 2018 recruiting efforts less of an existential endeavor. If we get those two guys, and lose Adams, Larrier & Anderson after next year, this is what we'd be going into 2018-19 with:

PG: Gilbert (RS-So), Waters (So)
SG: Vital (Jr), Daniels (RS-So)
SF: Wilson (So)
PF: Diarra (RS-So), Polley (So)
C: Cobb (Sr), Carlton (So)

Obviously we'd have to close the deal on three pretty highly regarded recruits in the next couple of weeks, and we'd have to hope that the bigs are legit if we're to have any kind of upside. But the staff will deserve a round of applause if they manage to both avoid an outright catastrophe and build a solid core for the years to come after the way this offseason began.
And Whaley. Don't forget the newest member.

C

Chief00

Of course his parents might love St John - not sure if the rule still applies - but the scholarship gives room and board money - so he can live at home - and get paid the room and board money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom