Sid Wilson Transferring | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Transferring

Reaction Score
Iona makes too much sense but it would be cool if he went to WSU with Gilbert

In view of his past, it's hard to imagine the NCAA approving a no sit transfer for Rick Pitino's team. SW will need the rule change.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Said in the other thread too, but Iona makes a lot of sense here.

You could put a highlight reel together of Sid from his last two years here that make him look like one of the best players on the team. Hoping he can put it all together at his next stop.
Yup. And it would be 14 seconds long. Nothing against him, but sure we will fill that spot with something better.

Reaction Score
Yes he has. His athletic ability alone screams high major. Someone will take a shot on him. Iona is for high majors out of shots. And if the staff wasn’t confident, they wouldn’t have let go of Sid. They know something which is why he announced now and not a few weeks ago.
High major players don’t have motors that only run for 1-2 minutes per game. He’s athletic and good for a few highlight plays per season. But he proved to be as consistent as a broken clock. If he was that good, he would have gotten minutes on this team when 2 of our 5 scholarship bigs went down with injuries. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

Reaction Score
I don t know Sid personally but my guess is when he starts getting calls from the Sec, he will tune out Iona, even though it’s Pitino.
I’ll wager you on that. A-10 more likely. Or he will get a lot more pine than he got here.

Reaction Score
It could all come together for Sid. He is a great athlete. His shot could improve. He might find better motivation somewhere else. The lights could come on.

It's pretty clear it wouldn't happen here. Sid and Hurley are oil and water. Best to Sid where ever he ends up.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t disagree more.
I’m not sure why you’d love affair with the kid, maybe he’s a friend of yours. But if he couldn’t get PT this year with TWO guys going down when we ended up with only 8 live bodies at the end of the year, what is it that makes you think he’s going to take the SEC by storm?? I’m seriously interested in hearing your case.

Reaction Score
Going to miss Sid. Maybe another AAC team in his future?

Reaction Score
Said in the other thread too, but Iona makes a lot of sense here.

You could put a highlight reel together of Sid from his last two years here that make him look like one of the best players on the team. Hoping he can put it all together at his next stop.

Amen, but it may take attributes Sid has not yet grasped. He had a year to see how IW developed under Hurley and most of us were hoping he would apply himself and do the same.

The fact Hurley disciplined SW late in this past season tells me he hadn't given up on SW. Hopefully SW is not quitting because it's too hard here, but if that's the reason I hope someone, his Dad or others close to him, get through to him that life is not as easy as it was when he was dunking in high school.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't take it so personally just trying to clarify. Part of the "path to playing time talk" is "XYZ players are also at your position and ahead of you on the depth chart. You need to do ABC to get ahead of them"
So true.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I was banking on him coming back, playing in one exhibition game next season, and then transferring. Full Marcus Johnson.

Reaction Score
No big surprise. Too bad because before the injury he was really contributing to the team and was playing the 4 well. Best of luck were ever he goes.

Reaction Score
No big surprise. Too bad because before the injury he was really contributing to the team and was playing the 4 well. Best of luck were ever he goes.
Yup. He starting finding his groove then went down at the worst possible time for him in his in-game development. If he gets coached up and improves, he’ll be a very good contributor. Kid has insane athletic skills.

Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings about him leaving. First of all he was a transfer already so I don’t know why coaches bring in these kids without knowing how they want use their talent. I feel terrible for the kids that transfer and it doesn’t work out for them because now they are basketball nomads looking for a home all while the clock is ticking. Good luck Sid in finding a basketball home to finish your college career and most of all have fun!!

Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings about him leaving. First of all he was a transfer already so I don’t know why coaches bring in these kids without knowing how they want use their talent. I feel terrible for the kids that transfer and it doesn’t work out for them because now they are basketball nomads looking for a home all while the clock is ticking. Good luck Sid in finding a basketball home to finish your college career and most of all have fun!!

He transferred here under KO. He was the typical KO wing, like Larrier, who looked like he should have been a much better player than he was, and didn't have much skill and awareness that translated to in-game situations.

Hurley didn't know how to use him because there wasn't much he excelled at besides the occasional big dunk or block. On a possession by possession basis, he didn't make the team function better on either end.

Reaction Score
What does "recruited over" mean? Are you saying that coaches don't have players compete for playing time? You show me a coach who does that and I'll show you a losing coach.
I am not saying that at all. Recruited over basically is coach speak for we want to bring someone in, you won't get any time here, and oh by the way, we need your scholarship to bring that player we want in so its best for you to look elsewhere. Being recruited over has nothing to do with playing time in season.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why you’d love affair with the kid, maybe he’s a friend of yours. But if he couldn’t get PT this year with TWO guys going down when we ended up with only 8 live bodies at the end of the year, what is it that makes you think he’s going to take the SEC by storm?? I’m seriously interested in hearing your case.
Its not a love affair with Sid, nor do I even know the kid. I also didn't see Sid at practice or know anything about what he chose to do off the court that put him in Hurley's doghouse. I do know that his lack of PT had more to with that than it did his ability. How do I know? Because, simply put, Sid had more ability than half the roster last year. He still does. If Hurley wants to play smaller and fast, Sid is better than most of the players that are being speculated about on this board, sans Nolley and a potential reclassification. Other than that, I wouldn't get your panties wet. It seems like Ole Miss and Georgia are desperate for players. Sid would get plenty of minutes on either team. Unfortunately, Sid was unable to get his act together and meet Hurley's standards. I do know, the few times he did play, we were far more athletic and played a better brand of basketball with him on the floor. Sometimes things don't work out, especially when a new coach inherits a bad team. Just like I don't blame Hurley for this decision, I certainly wouldn't belittle Sid's ability and potential as a basketball player.

Reaction Score
Breaks my heart, but I understand the decision.
@CTBasketball Sums up my sentiment perfectly.

I'll always remember Sid's performance in the 2x OT game against Wichita State. After his game tying shot that was the most electric I've seen the XL Center in a long, long time and I was fortunate to be at that game.

I wish him well wherever he goes!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom