Sid Wilson Transferring | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Transferring

Reaction Score
my favorite in these threads is when people wish the kids well as if that person's default is to wish them ill, but they are choosing to be magnanimous or something?

Performative humanity is very weird.
Coupled with the “he’s a good kid”. How the hell does anyone on this board know if he’s a good kid?? He may be. He may not be. None of here know. What I do know is his comments strike as someone who is bitching that he didn’t get a fair shot. Which I find hard to believe, out of necessity if nothing else. So goodbye to the kid. With no bias, because I have no idea if he’s a good kid or not.

C

Chief00

The broom ultimately appeared as Chief predicted. I thought it would happen in March, but at the end of the day, the broom opened the two spots Chief predicted months ago. Since two locals, Iona and Hofstra, have expressed interest, it’s possible he’s banking on a waiver to ”go home”, due to his mom’s death in 2015? The rule may change for this year anyways.
Pitino may roll the dice is what Chief is hearing from Jelly Fam dudes. None of Chief’s usual Pitino jokes today. Without roomie CV, Chief was concern Sid would be even more rudderless next season, if he stayed. This was best for all,but Sid was a raw game changer talent, who needed much greater consistency. Good luck Sid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I guess you and the 40+ people like to bury your head in the sand. When a playersays they want to “be themselves” after getting suspended for smoking and not working hard enough to get on the floor when the team has 7 guys. I guess it’s easy to see how there is nothing bad with the quote.
Do you know something nobody else does?

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Pro level tools??? ?? Good athleticism. Almost zero fundamental basketball skills. FAR from pro level tools. The kid averaged 3.5 ppg where he had a chance for unlimited minutes. What exactly are his “pro level tools”?
If Sid played at say, Indiana, and entered the portal with the same stats, this board would have zero interest in him coming here.

Reaction Score
Pro level tools??? ?? Good athleticism. Almost zero fundamental basketball skills. FAR from pro level tools. The kid averaged 3.5 ppg where he had a chance for unlimited minutes. What exactly are his “pro level tools”?
What the hell is your agenda here? We get it. You don’t like Sid. Hopefully, this is an immature response to Sid not liking you first.

Reaction Score
What the hell is your agenda here? We get it. You don’t like Sid. Hopefully, this is an immature response to Sid not liking you first.
It's not that we don't like Sid as a person, since we do not know him personally. It's that we do not like his overall game, or lack thereof.

Reaction Score
I could see him fitting in at Iona. Seems like the sort of player who could be pretty successful in the MAAC. He will be able to “ out athletic” lots of guys that he couldn’t do at a higher level.

Reaction Score

I don't think most here are indicting SW for anything other than what we all saw. He sat out a year during which you would think he'd have improved his skills and learned something about how the game is played. Yet, he then was suspended for the first 7 games of the 18-19 season, and when he did start getting minutes there was pretty unanimous agreement here that he didn't seem to know the offense or defense, had no outside shot, didn't handle the ball well and generally looked lost.

Reaction Score
I don't think most here are indicting SW for anything other than what we all saw. He sat out a year during which you would think he'd have improved his skills and learned something about how the game is played. Yet, he then was suspended for the first 7 games of the 18-19 season, and when he did start getting minutes there was pretty unanimous agreement here that he didn't seem to know the offense or defense, had no outside shot, didn't handle the ball well and generally looked lost.
It’s a boneyard thing. We use a variation of the Lake Woebegone scale. All the coaches are great. All the uniforms are good looking and all the players are above average. And if they are not they will be the next Hilton this off season. Based on this all those people who bought into the Sid is terrific hype will continue to say that even as he becomes a bench player in a league that is many levels below where he failed to produce. Oh, and most of them think you get 4 points for thunderous dunks I guess.

Reaction Score
Wish Sid the best, it was time for him to go. It was obvious that he didn’t fit DH’s program going forward.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Iona with Pitino is an entirely different beast than Iona without Pitino. I'm not fond of Pitino but he is a fantastic college basketball coach. He kids improve and his teams win a lot of games. Why wouldn't Sid want to go there?

Reaction Score
Iona with Pitino is an entirely different beast than Iona without Pitino. I'm not fond of Pitino but he is a fantastic college basketball coach. He kids improve and his teams win a lot of games. Why wouldn't Sid want to go there?

Pitino is quite possibly a top 5 X’s and O’s coach of all time. Awful person but absolutely fantastic coach. I see why kids want to play for him.

Reaction Score
The questions isn’t really why wouldn’t Sid want to go there. The question is, does Pitino want him? Without looking at their scholly situation, it’s certainly possible Pitino isn’t interested. Playing for Pitino ain’t easy, he’s prolly more of a no nonsense BS coach than Hurley is.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The questions isn’t really why wouldn’t Sid want to go there. The question is, does Pitino want him? Without looking at their scholly situation, it’s certainly possible Pitino isn’t interested. Playing for Pitino ain’t easy, he’s prolly more of a no nonsense BS coach than Hurley is.
Yes, I have no idea whether Pitino wants Sid. The subject matter I was responding to was-- is Iona a good fit for Sid or should he see if there is interest from major programs? The point I was making was if there is mutual interest he could do a lot worse than playing for Pitino.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They say Red Sox fans have a rep of kicking players on the way out the door. UConn fans are worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom