Sid Wilson Transferring | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Transferring

Reaction Score
It's not that we don't like Sid as a person, since we do not know him personally. It's that we do not like his overall game, or lack thereof.
With right motivation and skill development, he’s got high upside. For us, there probably isn’t enough time in the day to make that happen with what appear better potential options. I’ll miss him. Fun to watch.

Reaction Score
honestly he wasn’t that good. Yet another Like most Ollie recruits he looked b,enter inhis recruiting videos than he ever did in person. He is now being offered by Bryant and Iona maybe. Long long way from major college basketball.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
honestly he wasn’t that good. Yet another Like most Ollie recruits he looked b,enter inhis recruiting videos than he ever did in person. He is now being offered by Bryant and Iona maybe. Long long way from major college basketball.

Do you know anything about where he was ranked coming out of high school?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They say Red Sox fans have a rep of kicking players on the way out the door. UConn fans are worse.
To me what's funnier is the tendency of every fanbase to think every recruit in the next incarnation of [insert former great player name here] until they verbal to someone else and then they
1. Are afraid of competition;​
2. Weren't seriously being considered;​
3. Have an attitude problem (locker room issues); and/or​
4. Have rickets.​

We are not as bad as many. Syracuse is absolutely the worst. It is hysterical to see the 180.

Reaction Score
They say Red Sox fans have a rep of kicking players on the way out the door. UConn fans are worse.

I’ve never heard that saying. If you are hearing this from Yankee fans, might want to look at how jacoby Ellsbury is being treated...

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what point you think you're making, but he's right that Wilson absolutely looked like the kind of kid who would be overrated coming out of high school, and completely fit a KO "type".

People–yourself included–didn't seem to think so at the time: Sid Wilson (UConn Wants Him to Reclassify to '17)

Also, while it's not surprising you didn't get my point, Wilson was sought after by programs in the Florida/Texas echelon. It's disingenuous for you to suggest he was some crazy reach whose burnout potential was obvious.

Reaction Score
People–yourself included–didn't seem to think so at the time: Sid Wilson (UConn Wants Him to Reclassify to '17)

Also, while it's not surprising you didn't get my point, Wilson was sought after by programs in the Florida/Texas echelon. It's disingenuous for you to suggest he was some crazy reach whose burnout potential was obvious.
Any word as to the programs that have officially inquired about Sid? I know people have suggest Iona but...

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Any word as to the programs that have officially inquired about Sid? I know people have suggest Iona but...

He has an offer from Bryant and social media activity from Iona and Hofstra.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Iona with Pitino is an entirely different beast than Iona without Pitino. I'm not fond of Pitino but he is a fantastic college basketball coach. He kids improve and his teams win a lot of games. Why wouldn't Sid want to go there?
I
Patino might screw him. On a restaurant table.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
To me what's funnier is the tendency of every fanbase to think every recruit in the next incarnation of [insert former great player name here] until they verbal to someone else and then they
1. Are afraid of competition;​
2. Weren't seriously being considered;​
3. Have an attitude problem (locker room issues); and/or​
4. Have rickets.​

We are not as bad as many. Syracuse is absolutely the worst. It is hysterical to see the 180.
#4 made me laugh out loud

Reaction Score

I honestly don’t care how he was rated by some click baiting sites. Here’s the reality. He was not a high major player. Full Stop. Highly ranked limited players were a Kevin Ollie specialty.

C

Chief00

Adding an unnecessary degree of difficulty to layups probably isn't the wisest style of play. IMO.
Quite frankly, there’s two old sayings in basketball - “you can’t get closer than close” and “you don’t get an extra point for degree of difficulty”.

Reaction Score
So many parking tickets...

Maybe this was one of the reasons he was suspended. I mean that is a crazy amount of tickets to the point of just being ignorant.

Reaction Score
Maybe this was one of the reasons he was suspended. I mean that is a crazy amount of tickets to the point of just being ignorant.

Yes, but UConn parking is ruthless. Once parked outside a building in pouring rain to drop off a paper. I came out less than 2 minutes later to a ticket.

Reaction Score
Yes, but UConn parking is ruthless. Once parked outside a building in pouring rain to drop off a paper. I came out less than 2 minutes later to a ticket.
Same thing happened to me. Except I was actually sitting in the car waiting on someone, didn't see the POS writing the ticket behind me, and then watched as he pinned it on my windshield and walked away.
I swear I lost my religion for a second. Couldn't understand why he just didn't ask me to move before writing the damn thing! Bad memory. :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom