Sid Wilson Transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Transferring

Reaction Score
He's not, he has great athleticism but at his size he doesn't have the handles or jumpshot to start at a P6. He should go to a place he can play a ton and have a major impact.
I couldn’t disagree more.

Reaction Score
I guess I can see that interpretation. I don't view it as a shot at Hurley as much as an acknowledgement that their styles just don't mesh

I think of all the KO holdovers, he was the one who most fit KO's prototype for his position and least fit Hurley's prototype for his position.

Reaction Score
And your post makes it sound like he wasnt told he was being recruited over. I do agree that a fresh start is probably best for Sid.

I wouldn't take it so personally just trying to clarify. Part of the "path to playing time talk" is "XYZ players are also at your position and ahead of you on the depth chart. You need to do ABC to get ahead of them"

Reaction Score
Really?

You think teams should not continue to add good players?

A good coach lets players know where they stand, sets expectations for progress and minutes, and continues to upgrade talent. If players don’t see how they’ll fit in, they can transfer and should be eligible immediately, imo, but that’s a whole other conversation.

Reaction Score
I don t know Sid personally but my guess is when he starts getting calls from the Sec, he will tune out Iona, even though it’s Pitino.
Something tells me he wants to remain close to his family in NYC. Iona makes perfect sense. He will start instantly and be an impact player while teaming up with his buddy. He as also will get coached and developed by a HOF coach/ one of the best coaches of our generation no matter how slimy he is

Reaction Score
Has anyone from Jelly Fam gone pro? Honest question--I have no idea. I remember Isaiah Washington and Sid, but no one else.

Goes to show how tough making the pros (even overseas) is. These guys were all dominant HS players in NYC/NJ-- some of the best leagues in the country

Reaction Score
Has anyone from Jelly Fam gone pro? Honest question--I have no idea. I remember Isaiah Washington and Sid, but no one else.

Goes to show how tough making the pros (even overseas) is. These guys were all dominant HS players in NYC/NJ-- some of the best leagues in the country
Naz Reid did, everyone else seems to be struggling in college

Reaction Score
You're taking the trolling thing way too seriously right now. There's no way you actually believe this
Yes and no. I don’t think it’s a good practice in general. If you are constantly trying to recruit over players you are most likely doing something wrong in the first place. In this case though with Sid specifically, I totally understand it and am trolling a bit. I do believe the staff needed a scholarship and Sid didn’t really fit in with Hurley’s vision. I also think that if given the choice, Sid would have come back rather than go play at Iona.

I will also add that the timing of this makes me feel way more confident that we will fill one of the two free ships with a player we actually need/want and not some flyer on a mid major player who at best will be a marginal role player for us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don't think any of them have done much of anything at the high major level. They seem to all be MAAC level and Jordan Walker at Tulane.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
“Somewhere I can be myself” was a petty shot imo. Could be reading too much into it
I just hope that 'be myself' is a bit more disciplined then Jelly Fam

Reaction Score
Yes and no. I don’t think it’s a good practice in general. If you are constantly trying to recruit over players you are most likely doing something wrong in the first place. In this case though with Sid specifically, I totally understand it and am trolling a bit. I do believe the staff needed a scholarship and Sid didn’t really fit in with Hurley’s vision. I also think that if given the choice, Sid would have come back rather than go play at Iona.

So, for example, they shouldn’t get another center in ‘21 because Javonte should see that as being recruited over? Yes, some classes will have greater positional need than others, but coaches should always be looking to add talent and figure out how to use the roster and communicate to his players how they all still fit.

Sid chose to transfer. He made the decision. They would have given him another year so he then could have been a grad transfer with assured immediate eligibility.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
So is this it for transfers, or could we see another one?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
So, for example, they shouldn’t get another center in ‘21 because Javonte should see that as being recruited over? Yes, some classes will have greater positional need than others, but coaches should always be looking to add talent and figure out how to use the roster and communicate to his players how they all still fit.

Sid chose to transfer. He made the decision. They would have given him another year so he then could have been a grad transfer with assured immediate eligibility.

Springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson will have plenty of run time in 21-22. They’ll get the opportunity to strut their stuff or get recruited over.

Reaction Score
Springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson will have plenty of run time in 21-22. They’ll get the opportunity to strut their stuff or get recruited over.

They’ll be sophomores in 21-22. I certainly hope the staff will look to bring in more frontcourt players in the 22 class. Adding talent is not “recruiting over.” Recruiting over is a meaningless phrase. Play well or one of your teammates will earn your minutes.

Reaction Score
Going to miss him. Tons of talent. Just needs a little love.

Reaction Score

Nice young man, who has had some definite struggles in his life. I wish him well and hope it all works out for him!

2 schools and now 0 for college. EDIT: or is it 3?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom