Sid Wilson Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Transferring

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Figured this was coming so not surprised. Hurley hinted at it and they were looking at a lot of transfers for just 1 scholarship.

Would love to know what Sid's issues were because he certainly had some things you just can't teach. Not willing to put in the effort?

What's done is done. 2 scholarships to play with. Bring it on.

work ethic

Reaction Score
Good luck to the young man. This should come as no surprise to anyone.

So we have two openings. One of them has to be someone who can play the 4 given the injuries to Akok and Polley.

Reaction Score
Disagree, I think it's a pretty open and honest quote from Sid. Don't see what's bad about it

I agree with you but I also see where polycoms coming from. It all depends your interpretation of that last sentence. I took it simply as my personality & Dans didn’t mesh, I’d like to go somewhere I can be myself. I don’t think it’s that harsh.

Reaction Score
I agree with you but I also see where polycoms coming from. It all depends your interpretation of that last sentence. I took it simply as my personality & Dans didn’t mesh, I’d like to go somewhere I can be myself. I don’t think it’s that harsh.
Yeah that was my next post with Ant. I interpreted it the way you did but can see where they're coming from re-reading it now

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score

Just disappointing all around. When we got Sid, it was a nice departure from the majority of the dudes we were talking ourselves into liking as Sid had some next level traits. The program and talent level rose exponentially when Dan came in and Sid just never really could put it together on or off the court.

He was so fun to watch in the spurts where his motor was active. I sincerely hope he lands in a great spot and can play with a clear mind.

Reaction Score
“Somewhere I can be myself” was a petty shot imo. Could be reading too much into it

I think it's a throwaway comment. I'm sure it's awkward to explain why you're transferring and he is a college kid so he probably didn't rehearse any of this and he just said what came to mind. I really hope that he can find a role somewhere that allows him to display his talents and help him get a pro spot somewhere.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We may never know what the disconnect was but the kid never hung his head, was always a great teammate on the bench and although lost at times, never didn't hustle when he saw the floor. I wish Sid nothing but success on and off the basketball court. Husky for life.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
So if work ethic is the issue is there a D1 coach who puts up with a poor work ethic? Lol
There are probably quite a few who don't use the same definition for it as Hurley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom