Sid Wilson Transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Transferring

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry to see it, but I understand it.

Also don’t think Iona makes a hell of a lot of sense...he can play at a higher level than Iona, but I guess things could be worse than playing for Pitino.

Reaction Score
No but staff has options they are zeroing in on.

Sid hasn't shown he's way better than Iona.
Yes he has. His athletic ability alone screams high major. Someone will take a shot on him. Iona is for high majors out of shots. And if the staff wasn’t confident, they wouldn’t have let go of Sid. They know something which is why he announced now and not a few weeks ago.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He can definitely end up at Iona. He’s not too good for a top tier midmajor program.

Reaction Score
Yes he has. His athletic ability alone screams high major. Someone will take a shot on him. Iona is for high majors out of shots. And if the staff wasn’t confident, they wouldn’t have let go of Sid. They know something which is why he announced now and not a few weeks ago.
If he goes high major he's most likely riding pine unless he really finds a perfect fit with an opening, a place like Iona he starts and can be really good.

Reaction Score
If he goes high major he's most likely riding pine unless he really finds a perfect fit with an opening, a place like Iona he starts and can be really good.
I don t know Sid personally but my guess is when he starts getting calls from the Sec, he will tune out Iona, even though it’s Pitino.

Reaction Score
He might be able to play at a higher level, but his JellyFam is at Iona

Reaction Score
He's in select company. Three D1 schools in a college career. That's hard to do.

Reaction Score
A decision that is best for Sid and UConn.

Sid should go somewhere where he will get plenty of playing time and maybe parlay it to a career overseas. He came in with a lot of special hype but unfortunately it just didnt materialize on the court. I wish him the best of luck as he always seemed to care about the team and its players.

I hate to speculate on who will be signed but this added scholarship will do wonders for the team moving forward. No one knows how this will play out and with whom but we should be either be adding immediate multiple talents and depth, possibly immediate talent along with a re class that has a high upside or immediate help with a talented sit 1 player.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

This does not make sense - it’s not indentured servitude.

If a kid wants to leave, he will leave.

Reaction Score
This does not make sense - it’s not indentured servitude.

If a kid wants to leave, he will leave.
Huh? Isn’t it though? He wasn’t leaving until he was told, maybe politely, to leave.

Reaction Score
Unless he develops better handles and a better shot in 5-6 months, why is he way better than Iona?
He's not, he has great athleticism but at his size he doesn't have the handles or jumpshot to start at a P6. He should go to a place he can play a ton and have a major impact.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He is a heckuva athlete, but I think this is the right decision for him, looking at next year’s roster. He’s a 3/4 who’s not enough a perimeter player for the 3, and not enough of a defender for the 4.

Now, give me Vaughn and Sanogo, please

Reaction Score
He's not, he has great athleticism but at his size he doesn't have the handles or jumpshot to start at a P6. He should go to a place he can play a ton and have a major impact.

He probably got by in highschool on athleticism alone, without having to develop anything else

Reaction Score
Your post made it sound like Sid couldn't have decided to leave on his own. Which as we know, is Hurley's standard operating procedure. Lay out path to playing time, let the kid make his own decision. Sid probably made the right one for himself.
And your post makes it sound like he wasnt told he was being recruited over. I do agree that a fresh start is probably best for Sid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom