Seton Hall Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Five players were in double figures, all except Nika and Ines.
Amari DeBerry our salvation? Everyone is waiting for Amari to contribute and tonight she has. 13 points,8 rebounds ,2/2 3 pointers and 2 blocks. Great game Amari and congratulations. Total domination over Seton Hall, every body ate. 4 players in double figures and 2 double-doubles. Aaliyah and Dorka. It seems 7 is enough for now until AZZI and CAROLINE come back. Great game. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
When Amari first came in, I thought she looks very confused but as the game went along it seems like she started thinking less and reacted more and played a really good game. From what we have heard Amari is a very smart kid, maybe she could turn off some of her thinking when she gets on the floor :)

As tall as she is, she should learn not to jump up on any fake from much shorter players.

When Amari first came in, I thought she looks very confused but as the game went along it seems like she started thinking less and reacted more and played a really good game. From what we have heard Amari is a very smart kid, maybe she could turn off some of her thinking when she gets on the floor :)

As tall as she is, she should learn not to jump up on any fake from much shorter players.
with amari I’ve been saying you have to let her play through her mistakes, when you already don’t get a lot of playing time, when you do get into the game, I can imagine your not playing freely if that makes sense, but more or less playing not to make mistakes with the fear of being taken out quickly. I do believe the more game experience she can get, that’s another piece that can be really helpful for UConn heading into the tournament

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amari is still slow and don't count on her making a lot of 3's. I do her being successful against a lot of matchups though. Brinks would eat her alive though. Quickness is still an issue. Handling pick and rolls...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Think about this. What if this depleted UConn team played LSU's Schedule and what is LSU played our schedule????? I would like for us to play their schedule but hey pollsters think about it. UConn is depleted and LSU isnt.

Reaction Score
A few points worth noting:
Seton Hall worked hard on defense. They wanted to cut down on fast breaks, they packed the lane, they guarded Lou closely. They did not anticipate the 10-15 3s. Lou fought and got her points. Uconn was strong on rebounding and Aaliyah and Dorka got double doubles. Our ball handling was very good and Seton Hall was not able to get steals. Their top scorer was curtailed by Aubrey. The game had a good flow and the pace was managed judiciously.

Many good things to celebrate! All players made strong contributions. I wish the injured players a speedy recoveries!

Reaction Score
The way UConn played the first half would be the highlight of the season for many teams. Great passing, unselfish play, aggressive defense and rebounding.

13 assists and 3 turnovers in the first half.

There are not 5 better women’s college basketball players than Aaliyah Edwards.

Switching Griffin and Nika on Park-Lane was effective.

The extra attention Seton Hall paid Lou did not seem to work.

What kind of number’s would Aubrey put up if she played all her games in that gym?

Amari’s pass from her butt, might make ESPN's top ten.

After Sunday’s game and Azzi’s injury, I thought this game would be close.
It makes you wonder if Aubrey’s dad took her to shoot there growing up.

Reaction Score
I it’s Aubrey they’re glad to see leave
Yeah, am I bugging or does Aubrey kinda always go crazy against Seton Hall.
Also wasn't this a bit of a homecoming for Amari as well. Happy to see her play well. I don't doubt her potential or skill. Sometimes it just takes time.
Dorka - league her.
AE - All American for sure. She's so graceful in transition. I'm happy she's been able to showcase her talent this season. Not just a screensetter or rebounder but she's a complete player
Everyone played great. This team has had some great road performances.
In the game chat someone asked how far this team would go in the tournament with just the seven who played. Hopefully folks are back by next weekend but I think the Tennessee game would kinda answer that. And although Tennessee has found their groove, I would be confident that UConn would win that game.

Reaction Score

Amari does hold the ball up high and passes from the position. Not many post players do that, they often taken the ball down chest high or dribble and it's stolen. Great to see that and the 2 three pointers she scored. This might be her light bulb game!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A few points worth noting:
Seton Hall worked hard on defense. They wanted to cut down on fast breaks, they packed the lane, they guarded Lou closely. They did not anticipate the 10-15 3s. Lou fought and got her points. Uconn was strong on rebounding and Aaliyah and Dorka got double doubles. Our ball handling was very good and Seton Hall was not able to get steals. Their top scorer was curtailed by Aubrey. The game had a good flow and the pace was managed judiciously.

Many good things to celebrate! All players made strong contributions. I wish the injured players a speedy recoveries!
Lou got pretty beat up. She rebounded with one free arm a couple times. I’m glad Geno gave her fewer minutes today.

Reaction Score
This game was a very pleasant and welcome surprise; not that it was a win but that it was a blowout where everybody (and precious few bodies at that) played well. It will be nice if tonight is the beginning of Amari being a contributor on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
Everybody Eats!!!!!!!!

Nika with 13 assists and Amari with 13 points and the assist of the game!!

Nothing more needs to be said.
Yes, one more thing, only 9 turnovers, a thing of beauty and boilerplate for future games. Playing at a faster pace showed great dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom