Seton Hall Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Edwards is on a mission. I've always been 100% in her corner, but what I see right now looks like a completely different player. She's just so much better in so many areas...dribbling, finishing, shooting the midrange, offensive reads, conditioning, and rebounding.
I have been saying since the beginning of the season Aaliyah Edwards is an All American...at least 2nd team and if she continues this play against South Carolina, Tennessee and into the post season...she will possibly break into the 1st team.

Reaction Score
I just rewatched the game (thank you @MJL243 ) and one thing that really struck me was Nika. Over the summer, many of us were concerned about her narrow offensive skills. But I doubt any of us foresaw what she would become. She is the undoubted leader and heart of the team. Her offensive skills may not be perfect, but her heart is. She makes mistakes, but her leadership skills most definitely are the key to this team's success. We cannot win without her, and as good as Aaliyah and Dorka and Lou are playing this season, it would all be for nought without Nika to shape the team effort into a coherent force.

I think you see this with Amari. No one rides the emotional rollercoaster like her. A few more games like this one, which may have their mistakes and defensive lapses, but also a little shiny bit of glory in them, and she might well turn everything around.

Kat

Reaction Score
Anyone that complains about this game is just looking for things to complain about
Do you mean like this? "As tall as she is, she should learn not to jump up on any fake from much shorter players."
The glass is always half-empty for some.

Reaction Score
A few points worth noting:
Seton Hall worked hard on defense. They wanted to cut down on fast breaks, they packed the lane, they guarded Lou closely. They did not anticipate the 10-15 3s. Lou fought and got her points. Uconn was strong on rebounding and Aaliyah and Dorka got double doubles. Our ball handling was very good and Seton Hall was not able to get steals. Their top scorer was curtailed by Aubrey. The game had a good flow and the pace was managed judiciously.

Many good things to celebrate! All players made strong contributions. I wish the injured players a speedy recoveries!
Ah, their top scorer was curtailed by Muhl, Griffin covered Park-Lane pretty much only on switches.

Reaction Score
I have been saying since the beginning of the season Aaliyah Edwards is an All American...at least 2nd team and if she continues this play against South Carolina, Tennessee and into the post season...she will possibly break into the 1st team.
I left off...defense. Just crazy.

Reaction Score
Edwards is on a mission. I've always been 100% in her corner, but what I see right now looks like a completely different player. She's just so much better in so many areas...dribbling, finishing, shooting the midrange, offensive reads, conditioning, and rebounding.
Edwards has separated herself from the field. She is doing everything well. Love to see her great anticipation on steals and gathering in rebounds that most earthbound humans only dream about. The playful encounter with Charles over the past weekend has pushed her to all-star level. She is a formable player with BB IQ that can't be taught.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anyone that complains about this game is just looking for things to complain about

Too many points
Well just because :cool:, after shooting 85% (22/26) on FTs against Georgetown, they come back with 65% (15/23) on FTs against Seton Hall. OldeCoach would not be happy.

Weird, when they couldn't hit anything from the field against GT, they hit their FTs (luckily). But when they were hitting everything from the field against SH, they couldn't hit their FTs. :confused:

I know, I should have left this for @DavidinNaples .

Reaction Score
Hence the term ‘switches”; I would expect you could read something into the fact Borzello preferred to get Park-Lane away from Muhl, no matter who then covered her. Whoever picked her up off switches did a pretty good job, not just Griffin.
Frankly, I amazed at the fans determined to blame Muhl for others mistakes (TOs vs. Gtown) and now crediting Griffin for defensive work done primarily by Muhl, weird!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we've all waited for a game like this for Amari.
This team is going to have an adversity driven grit that not a lot of teams will have come March. I hope it pays off.

Reaction Score
Bozzella had nothing but praise for UConn and Geno in his angry and frustrated post-game presser. He knew the handicap UConn was playing under last night, but he attributed UConn's perennial success to its recruiting not only great athletes, but selfless and motivated players who are leaders both on and off the court. A tinge of jealousy there, but he also realizes that the UConn rising tide is what raises all boats in the Big East.

Reaction Score
He knew what was coming. If he was whining and complaining, his heart was not in it. UConn handed his team their butts last night, and there was nothing they could do to stop it. Everytime the camera panned over to him, he had that look on his face of....”oh well, what do you expect? It’s UConn.” :(

The bad news for Seton Hall is UConn likes to play in that gym. It won’t get any better next year because of the players coming back, and the uber-talented freshmen coming in.

Seven players dressed last night. Next year, it should be 14. A 12 player roster right now with 2 out for the year. Dorka and Lou leave, 4 freshmen come in).
What are 7, 14, 12, 2 and 4? Was this the question on the envelope? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom