Seton Hall Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
A few points worth noting:
Seton Hall worked hard on defense. They wanted to cut down on fast breaks, they packed the lane, they guarded Lou closely. They did not anticipate the 10-15 3s. Lou fought and got her points. Uconn was strong on rebounding and Aaliyah and Dorka got double doubles. Our ball handling was very good and Seton Hall was not able to get steals. Their top scorer was curtailed by Aubrey. The game had a good flow and the pace was managed judiciously.

Many good things to celebrate! All players made strong contributions. I wish the injured players a speedy recoveries!
Primary defender on park-lane was Nika. Point against point

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
AE and Rip Hamilton. I hope AE never removes that mask. UConn is facing a brutal schedule with 4 games in 8 days. These ladies are going to need rest. Geno's going to need someone from the injured list to return, and soon.
They actually have 5 in 11 days counting the Tennessee game, but as you said BRUTAL.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Lou got pretty beat up. She rebounded with one free arm a couple times. I’m glad Geno gave her fewer minutes today.
I know this is gonna sound like an anti refs post but...when Lou stood her ground and literally got knocked off her feet by a SH ball handler without a call, first I couldn't believe the no call and second, that she was able to get to her feet so quickly. (This is all subject to change based on my viewing of the MJL243 replay tomorrow).

Reaction Score
we only shot 65% for free throws. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!! Being tired is no excuse.
Actually, that statistic is kind of misleading: UConn went 15 for 23 on FTs, and Dorka was 2 for 7, accounting for 5 of our 8 misses. The rest of the 5 players only missed 3 FTs.... Interestingly, Dorka was much better shooting 3s than FTs tonight.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Yeah...I'll join the party...albeit a little late but I couldn't let that performance go by without some comments. There was a lot that UConn did right that game. To start only 10 turnovers. 10 for 15 from three...66%...that is pretty crazy when you consider that 6 out of the 10 threes came from UConn's bigs (Dorka 4 and DeBerry 2). 46 points in the paint.

And, here is another fantastic stat 29 assists on 39 baskets... They out rebounded Seton Hall 49 to 38. Two double / doubles. Two other players close to double / doubles. 5 players in double figures and Nika Muhl got 13 assists. Every player in uniform scored tonight...great to see. And, finally...they broke the century mark. Great all around game...caught all of us so-called experts off-guard.

After the Georgetown game, with only 7 players available to play I don't think anyone really expected a 45 point win.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Actually, that statistic is kind of misleading: UConn went 15 for 23 on FTs, and Dorka was 2 for 7, accounting for 5 of our 8 misses. The rest of the 5 players only missed 3 FTs.... Interestingly, Dorka was much better shooting 3s than FTs tonight.
I’m surprised you dignified the complaint with a reply

Reaction Score
Didn't see the game, but the box score was pretty darned impressive. And they did have only ten turnovers, Nan. ;)

When I put that in one of my "things you want to see" posts, you said that expectation was unreasonable. At least tonight it wasn't. Might not see it again this season, but it did happen.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Didn't see the game, but the box score was pretty darned impressive. And they did have only ten turnovers, Nan. ;)

When I put that in one of my "things you want to see" posts, you said that expectation was unreasonable. At least tonight it wasn't. Might not see it again this season, but it did happen.
I think you said “less than 10 turnovers“. :)

Reaction Score
I know this is gonna sound like an anti refs post but...when Lou stood her ground and literally got knocked off her feet by a SH ball handler without a call, first I couldn't believe the no call and second, that she was able to get to her feet so quickly. (This is all subject to change based on my viewing of the MJL243 replay tomorrow).
At least the other team was finally called for fouls on her shots. She's good, but I am surprised by how heavily teams guard her especially when Dorka and AE are scoring at will in the paint. I did notice that when she comes out the offense occasionally takes a second to adjust. But I am glad she was taken out halfway through the fourth. She seems to have a quieter level of Nika & Edward toughness.

Reaction Score
Edwards is on a mission. I've always been 100% in her corner, but what I see right now looks like a completely different player. She's just so much better in so many areas...dribbling, finishing, shooting the midrange, offensive reads, conditioning, and rebounding.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Loved it on AE's breakaway with Park-Lane trying to stop her. I wished they had a close-up of her eyes, they must have been at least the size of silver dollars. Liya made the basket and the +1.

Reaction Score
SH coach, also coming off a disappointing (and losing) performance, must have been optimistic that his team would finally break through against UConn, based on our thin bench, and the fact that his team had 4 extra days of rest on us. This loss must have been so depressing, especially the way the game went. You could see the air go out of his balloon in the 1st Q. . . . Why were the upper stands half empty by halftime, in a game that was a sellout?

Reaction Score
I was there and at Walsh you can see so much of what they do and how they do it. Watching them live and close up is so different from TV. They run the offense religiously and they defend mercilessly. A real pleasure to watch especially if you are a purist. I thought Nika and Aubrey made Park-Lane thinking she was going to wake up from this bad dream soon.

As for the free throw shooting which was noticeably sub par, the rims were noticeably tight. I really mean it. It needed to be a swish to get in.

I was happy for Amari. She seemed very down in the beginning of the game and not comfortable with the offense and where she is supposed to be. As the game went on and she dropped in her 3s, a smile came across her face. She has great potential and I think she needs to believe in herself first and foremost and a game like tonight can be very important for her. I think we all need to be patient with her because she is clearly going to develop at her own pace. The thing is that under the circumstances we hope the light goes on sooner rather than later. All she seems to need right now is some real passion and energy and to be fearless out there and not worry about mistakes because if you worry that you will make them , you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom