Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Why in gods name would I care about how loud/boisterous/engaging they are during a commercial break?! They were a good crowd and not doubting the fandom or how loud they were which is why I specially asked if the broadcast made it seem that way. I’m merely saying an opinion based on what I saw. Not to take away from the players I was just giving an opinion on a heavily debated topic regarding student section and XL vs Gampel.
We support the same team…we shouldn’t argue about this anymore. Love you man! We won!

Reaction Score
Another quality win in games decided by less than or equal to five points. Shutting the boneyard Malcontents up once again.
I would not put that one on the less than or equal to 5 points list. Technically yes, but that wasn't really a close game down the stretch that UConn closed out. A bunch of front end misses and then SH hits a shot at the buzzer to get it to 5. Felt more like a 10 point win that ended up being a 5 point win.

Reaction Score
I’ll eat crow. My expectations stem from nostalgic memories but glad to read that it was the way it was inside gampel. As someone else suggested I’ll look into upgrading the tv/sound system.
No. You’re right. Don’t let others who weren’t there tell you so. The crowd was weak. Everyone around me agreed.

Reaction Score
But truthfully this game had no right being in the “games decided by less than 5 points” category. Should have easily been a double figure win.
I mean the spread was -5.5 and we were up 7 with 8.3 to go.

On a similar note, I don't gamble and I definitely don't gamble on UConn but my Dad and I have running tally of picking UConn games against the spread. I'm 1-12 after tonight. Someone could make a lot of money going against my calls.

Reaction Score
so you think anyone who thought this should have been a double digit win is complaining and should turn in their UConn gear. First of all the win was by 5 points so it wouldn’t go in the less than 5 point category. Second Mau was stating the obvious. Up 10 with a little over a minute left, the only way this is a 5 point win is by missing the front end of three one and ones and SH making an inconsequential basket with 5 seconds left.
I guess I should have read the rest of this thread before posting this same thing above! Lol.

As I said above, this was a 10 point win that ended up being a 5 point win.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You are 100% wrong. Everyone who I know who was at the game said it was raucous when we were playing well and it sounded awesome on at least at my house. Maybe you should upgrade your tv and sound system.
It was a solid crowd - amped by the student section. Gampel traditionally attracts an older crowd, so I’d say like 50% of the fans were sitting the entire time and mildly clapping.

Best atmosphere at Gampel this season to date, but left a lot to be desired. Maybe Seton Hall isn’t that attractive of an opponent? Hope Xavier on Saturday is much louder.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does Cole struggle (compared to his norm) with FT in close games/end of game

Not just you. Cole is somewhat hit or miss. He's either ice cold killer or brick city.

Oddly enough, Polley gives me more calm than any other Husky in last two minutes.
Just went through box scores, Cole is shooting 26/30 from the FT line in the final 2 minutes of regulation and OT this season

Reaction Score
Glad we chalked a W and maintained control over the game. Good job by Hurley exploiting cuts to the hoop, and D was excellent. Seton Hall is a solid BE team. We still need to notch up our game to beat some tough opponents ahead.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
A3FA2D2E-B7CF-4728-9730-0127D50CE085.jpeg
Can someone explain who these people are? There were reality tv cameras shooting them and standing on my feet during stoppages , someone said tik tok something so I took and sent picture to my daughter and she freaked out. Why?

The guy was rooting like hell though. Liked it.

Reaction Score
View attachment 73383 Can someone explain who these people are? There were reality tv cameras shooting them and standing on my feet during stoppages , someone said tik tok something so I took and sent picture to my daughter and she freaked out. Why?

They're the D'Amelios. Think knockoff Kardashians. But he's giving UConn a ton of publicity with the TikTok generation so I shouldn't knock him

Reaction Score
An unbelievably bad beat if you had UConn -5.5 (also the under hit by a point)… The odds of an 89/89/65 percent yes event not happening all 3 times plus a very deep SHU 3 and a Rhoden behind the back dribble step back 2 from practically the 3 point line in the dying seconds - being generous and calling those 30 percent yes events happening both times… all those happening together to not cover by a half point in the final minute…
Never bet on anything that talks.

Reaction Score
View attachment 73383 Can someone explain who these people are? There were reality tv cameras shooting them and standing on my feet during stoppages , someone said tik tok something so I took and sent picture to my daughter and she freaked out. Why?

I'm shocked you don't know this, you're usually a fountain of useless information.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The first half stunk. We’ve got a real problem with terrible first halves.

That said, second half was a breath of fresh air. Seeing them discover cuts to the hoop was beautiful.

Students repped in a big way - loudest Gampel crowd of the season for sure.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
What a game - I know some think it was a C+ but I'd rate it higher personally. Hawkins showing some good D, was a little surprised we didn't see him more but, just like the last W, I'm not going to complain. The elevation on one of those rebounds, wow. I really hope he matures into this killer player like he shows glimpses of, he and Andre could be future fireworks for the Huskies. Sanogo beasted out, I'm lovin' it. Dunk city. He needs to visit there way more often, maybe buy property. Whaley, Martin, and RJ all around great - Polley pulling out some nice FTs at the end "cold" hands be damned. Would I have loved to see some 3s drop and our FT% be better? Sure, of course who wouldn't - but what I LOVED was that this time even with those negatives our guys stuck to solid D and dropping 2s and pulled out a solid win.

It does seem like Coach is making adjustments, we're seeing different rotations - some I like and at least one... not so much. At least the last two games our weaker rotations didn't seem to hurt us. When the players don't make as many mistakes and hew closer to what's planned it does help Hurley look more effective on court, lol. I know I blame him for some losses that are probably a bit unfair.

Coach and the team really are reflective of each other - he stayed much calmer tonight even when the game got tight a few times and our guys maintained composure.

Hope we can keep this revenge tour going!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom