Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
View attachment 73383 Can someone explain who these people are? There were reality tv cameras shooting them and standing on my feet during stoppages , someone said tik tok something so I took and sent picture to my daughter and she freaked out. Why?

The guy was rooting like hell though. Liked it.
Their family has 300 million (!!) followers between their instagram and tiktok platforms. They’re from CT and the dad is an alumn and also a fellow die hard UConn basketball + football fan.

Very good to have them on our side, literally everyone in the high school / college generation knows who they are

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not a chance. This crowd sucked. Hartford was louder all year.
Bad sightlines would cost us 6-8 points.

Reaction Score
Yep I’ve been on AJ admittedly for his lack of staying home on his guy. Well last night he was really good, made everyone he was guarding work their every dribble. He can be a special defensive player. Also RJ despite his lack of size worked his guy, including Richmond really hard. They did a nice job of running a double at him making him find open players. They were successful a couple times but he also struggled with the double teams as well. As I said overall one of their best team defensive efforts all year. Rhoden hardly got any easy looks.
Some guy on the chat last night said Hurley still can't figure out how to stop Richmond. What the heck game was he watching? Big adjustment by DH last night to have RJ stop his dribble penetration and when Richmond had the ball in the block we doubled him. We could have had better rotations when we doubled him but it was sound strategy in my opinion. And AJ stayed on his feet much better last night. Rhoden is a terrific player and AJ did a great job on him.

Reaction Score
I would not put that one on the less than or equal to 5 points list. Technically yes, but that wasn't really a close game down the stretch that UConn closed out. A bunch of front end misses and then SH hits a shot at the buzzer to get it to 5. Felt more like a 10 point win that ended up being a 5 point win.

Do you realize you just proved my whole point? The malcontents are quick to bring up “look at our horrible record in games decided by 5 points or less! Hurley sucks! We suck! Blah Blah Blah”

Meanwhile, the game action behind the final result is the important context. Yes, they should have won last night by 10+ points. Does the fact that they missed the front ends of some 1-1s and SH getting a worthless basket, resulting in a 5pt win make the win somehow “better” because it was a “close game win” by the warped malcontent metrics? I think you’re smart enough to know the answer…

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Can anyone explain what happened with the Tyrese Martin out of bounds where he took the ball out and then passed it? Do you have to be standing fully out before you can touch the ball to pass it in?

Reaction Score
View attachment 73383 Can someone explain who these people are? There were reality tv cameras shooting them and standing on my feet during stoppages , someone said tik tok something so I took and sent picture to my daughter and she freaked out. Why?

They’re from Norwalk but bolted for L.A. when TikTok success arrived. Both girls attended King School here in Stamford. Dad had an unsuccessful run for CT state senate a few years back. I have heard he’s a good dude. We could do worse than having some young TikTok celebs hype the good guys.

Reaction Score
They're the D'Amelios. Think knockoff Kardashians. But he's giving UConn a ton of publicity with the TikTok generation so I shouldn't knock him
It would be nice to have Bill Murray at the game Saturday so he can watch us kick ass against the team he used to root for.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Can anyone explain what happened with the Tyrese Martin out of bounds where he took the ball out and then passed it? Do you have to be standing fully out before you can touch the ball to pass it in?
Yes you have to fully out of bounds to get a pass from out of bounds and it not be called a turn over.

Reaction Score

Pulled a Jeff adrien

Reaction Score
Nice team win-- Great to see Adama playing in first half without any foul concerns-- Thought Andre had a great floor game last night. Even IW is showing some skills passing the ball into the paint/guys cutting to the hoop.

Take care of biz with X and get ready for Jay on Tues.

Is it my imagination or is Coach Murray playing a bigger role on bench in recent games? Seems like DH is seeking his input more in huddles, communication with players,etc.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall isn’t very good. Spare me the NCAA bid stuff. This was a game we needed to win,and should have won and did win. As I’ve said repeatedly, when teams can’t stop Sanogo, we are good. When they figure out how to do it, either with a sagging d or just have a big who can more or less neutralize him, we struggle. The Hall clearly had no answers.

As a side note, If I were the Hall, I’d be pretty concerned about my future, too. Rutgers resurgence under Pikeill is quite a thing. 4 straight over ranked teams…Seton Hall absolutely Needs to keep pace or it will sink to irrelevance in New Jersey. The past few decades, a slightly above average to slightly below average program was good enough when the major program in the state was embarrassingly awful. Now that Rutgers is heading in the right direction they could well become Seton Who? Let’s face it, except for a brief period 30 years ago, the Hall has never been much other than a W on the schedule. Certainly in Big East days, that was what they were. They had a brief revival of sorts in the NEWBIE when all the good programs left, but now seem to be returning to their natural spot in the second division. If Rutgers continues to perform they’ll be lucky to have their scores reported, never mind games being covered.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m officially old but maybe my daughter will come with me Xavier game now. That’s a good thing
Mine knew who they were instantly. TikTok millionaires those girls. Dad is just an accessory (if a solid UConn fan for sure).

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Oddly enough, Polley gives me more calm than any other Husky in last two minutes.
So true. Was watching with my wife (who knows nothing about hoops) and she says ‘wow these guys keep missing foul shots’. When Polley stepped up to the line I said ‘this guy will make them’. He has such a great release it’s a shame he has so many off nights shooting wise and well, can’t do much else when he’s off.

Reaction Score
Adama actually legally inbounded the ball and Tyrese thought that he was just giving it to him to inbound it. Then Tyrese stepped out of bounds. Didn't have anything to do with how Tyrese inbounded it, he just took a live ball, thinking it was still dead, and went out of bounds lol

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Then they need to mention the 'yard on their show. Hint if they're reading this. Hint. Hint.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Didn't post after the game. Morning thoughts.
  • D was very good almost all night. Hawk has really stepped his up.
  • Offensive movement in the first half was excellent. Got Hawk several wide open looks (he missed them all). Have to figure that two of those should have gone in.
  • Sanogo facing a good shotblocker and didn't dance away, but instead went up quickly and strongly. He got some coaching after his poor showing last game. Catch, elevate, shoot or dunk. Avoided fouls.
  • Some really nifty passes and more on cuts to the basket than I've seen out of a UConn team in years. If they can make that a regular part of the offense it changes things.
  • Rebounding was dominant most of the time. Allowed too many O rebounds to Hall that they converted. Hawkins contributing there as well.
  • FT shooting was abysmal. Especially the front ends and especially late game. Cole bricking critical FTs late concerns me. This game was only close because of our performance at the line.
  • Jackson was pretty much under control. He got some coaching as well.
  • Martin used his usual bull to the rim moves to good effect. Cole and others seem to realize he can shoot and they are looking for him now. Go watch early games, he'd be open and Cole would choose to attack against a crowd instead of passing to him.
  • The whole team is starting to trust each other a bit more. Whaley passing on cuts. Martin passing to Sanogo. Cole passing to Martin. Kickouts to Hawkins. Jackson of course will pass anytime he's not in the process of dunking. I'm sure BigErn will recall my complaint when Akok was playing, he'd get open and never got the ball. It was way too much the Cole - Sanogo - Whaley show for awhile and except when Polley was in they didn't really look to help others score (Martin mostly did it on his own). Team basketball.

Reaction Score
I think the ref considered Sanogo out of bounds throwing it to Martin to be the "inbounds pass". Then Martin, thinking the ball was still out, took it over the baseline out of bounds.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Maybe CBS sports did a bad job showing how great the crowd (specifically student section) was but for a sold out crowd I was a little underwhelmed.

It's CBS. Production quality is pretty bad.

The easiest way to tell - listen to the student section on the 2nd FT attempt after a missed 1st. Even a sparse student section will go nuts hoping for free food. If you can't hear that, the TV production isn't passing reality.

Reaction Score
Sanogo went to take the ball out of bounds and Tyrese called him away to inbound it himself. Adama casually tossed it to Tyrese to take it out and the ref inexplicably called a violation. Technically it was, but the intent was clear and no ref would regularly call that. It was right in front of me and it was a very weak call.
*edit - the crowd was absolutely electric last night. Anyone who was there can confirm that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Jackson was pretty much under control. He got some coaching as well.
Low # of boards for him, but am really feeling confident now with him bringing the ball up with pace. Tied his career high in assists (6, last time was his 1st game as a Husky) and should've had 7 as Sanogo dropped an easy pass in the lane.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Do child labor laws come into play with this stuff?
They are above working age, but they also aren't working for anyone. The whole thing has been eye opening for me. If you don't have teenage kids, you may not realize they don't watch TV. At all. It's just YouTube, Twitch and TikTok. The stars of those platforms are what TV and movie stars are to you and me. And yet, most over 40 are oblivious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom