Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Sadly, they appeared to not have any defensive solution to the shooting of both Richmond and Rhoden.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I live in Southington, park in South garage, never leave a game before the end and have always been home within one hour of getting into my car. I think many of the complainers have no clue on how to navigate around Storrs.
Umm…I went to UConn. That has nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
F lot is the best lot. Exit behind the bus depot and if you’re going towards Hartford take 384.

Reaction Score
Do you realize you just proved my whole point? The malcontents are quick to bring up “look at our horrible record in games decided by 5 points or less! Hurley sucks! We suck! Blah Blah Blah”

Meanwhile, the game action behind the final result is the important context. Yes, they should have won last night by 10+ points. Does the fact that they missed the front ends of some 1-1s and SH getting a worthless basket, resulting in a 5pt win make the win somehow “better” because it was a “close game win” by the warped malcontent metrics? I think you’re smart enough to know the answer…
I believe the complaints about the score being so close (and not making three successive front ends of 1 and 1's) are related to fans hoping the team isn't going to get tight in important tournament games and fail to go as far as some of us believe they could.
You have to admit it conjures up the key misses RJ had last year, especially early in the season.

Reaction Score
We only won by 5; and certainly gave some optimism thoughts to the Pirates that they could pull off an undeserved W.

The number of things done well was significant in the arc of a Team improving towards good things in March. ONE. Sanogo since Christmas has improved markedly in passing from the inside to bucket opportunities. At least 3 in last night's contest; he has improved remarkably. Hurley has both Jackson and Whaley up top making great entry passes to Sanogo or others or zip passes to our better three point shooters. Refined. We started this path awhile ago; last night they were solid. Hawkins is tougher and a better defender. That is obvious. Offensive rebounding? Dogs - we have immersed ourselves in radioactive dye or something that this is our identity. Just better than other teams. Cole remains a guy who can get tough buckets and run the offense; but it is obvious that Jackson has been given far more of a role to run the ball and allow Cole to play off the ball. Resulting in a number of hoops. And Andre Jackson may get 4 or 5 assist; but if this was Hockey he would have twice that number as he often is the key attack pass that then leads to another pass for hoop. Yes. Clever creative passes that ended in turnovers was less last night evolving into great looks on a higher probability UCONN flow.

Gaffney 2.0. He has looked at times in the last few games to be the best he has been this year. Not last night. However the BY criticism has ratcheted up. As I found out and one or more others on Twitter: the family (in the presence of his sister) is sensitive to your criticism. I think some of you have crossed the line to cruel. He is an experienced college guard and has value to the program. He can shoot - expect 30-35% three point and get to the hoop; he can run the club for stopgap 4-7 minutes when Cole sits or with Cole. It is less of role than he was projected as this season began. Some of that is because Andre Jackson has raised his profile in ballhandler; a unexpected development by me.

Finally: praise for Whaley. I love what he brings - while the three leading scores get the ink in the media game summaries.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Sanogo went to take the ball out of bounds and Tyrese called him away to inbound it himself. Adama casually tossed it to Tyrese to take it out and the ref inexplicably called a violation. Technically it was, but the intent was clear and no ref would regularly call that. It was right in front of me and it was a very weak call.
*edit - the crowd was absolutely electric last night. Anyone who was there can confirm that.
If a UConn opponent did that and the ref didn't make the call the boneyard would explode. It was a violation. The ref called it. UConn turnover. There may be some gray area for intent on a play on the floor but none on a simple violation. It happened. Don't do it again.

Reaction Score
Anyone who is saying the crowd was weak wasn’t there, or just a troll. It was super loud! Highly enjoyable, fun time! Great game.
Sometimes you don’t get the full version on tv, other times you hear too much. XL crowd was louder on tv. Different network though.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Sadly, they appeared to not have any defensive solution to the shooting of both Richmond and Rhoden.
I’m comfortable with Richmond shooting a 3 every time down against us. That double clutch line drive of a shot is not the answer for seton hall offensively.

Rhoden is a good player. They really made him work on offense for his points. I thought the look on Rhodens face when he got that very lucky bank to go down (which was one of being absolutely exhausted from being dogged all game), was a big testament to how intense the defense was.

Reaction Score
I’m comfortable with Richmond shooting a 3 every time down against us. That double clutch line drive of a shot is not the answer for seton hall offensively.

Rhoden is a good player. They really made him work on offense for his points. I thought the look on Rhodens face when he got that very lucky bank to go down (which was one of being absolutely exhausted from being dogged all game), was a big testament to how intense the defense was.
Wish we had a Rhoden. Kid is good. Hope Hawkins can grow into it.

Reaction Score
Wish we had a Rhoden. Kid is good. Hope Hawkins can grow into it.

Rhoden was predominantly covered by Andre Jackson (mau?). Don't quote me exact ... but I thought he had like 5 points with 6 minutes to final horn. He had no midrange opportunities as AJ shut that. He scored several in the last minutes. AJ also covered Richmond the first 5 minutes of the game and that classic Richmond post up that burned us in Newark didn't work early. Beyond missing backdoors, MY pride playing basketball was that my guy didn't score - easily. UCONN doesn't play much zone; except our pseudo 1-3-1 after the half court press; which ... keys on Andre Jackson's length at the top.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'll go with you we can talk about Bobby B.
Ok @krinklecut you’re on. PM me today if you seriously want to go. Your handle is good mojo as I’d like to think that it is a tribute to Arby’s krinklecut fries. ( the best in the business) . Plus the frowny face avatar?! I think we will get along just fine. :)

Reaction Score
One thing I think this game showed was that like it or not our big lineup is who we are. Blocks, and second chance points are how we will sink or swim. The start polley or Hawkins debate I think has ended.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think that's probably the reason we lost.
Yeah, I was really great that they won in spite of the fact that the defense was less than acceptable against their star shooters.... Btw we won, in case you were not watching

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom