Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I thought you were joking for a second, then remembered that you weren't and now I'm grossed out all over again.
Yes, there were even photos of Howard in the gym with some of Baylor’s players. If I was Kim Mulkey, I would truly be uncomfortable with Howard being anywhere near the young ladies on my basketball team.

Reaction Score
Hebard's a senior and the older Sabally's a wing. Of the rest, who would take precedence over Prince?

the younger Sabally is supposed to be terrific and Dugalic can play the 4/5 and is no slouch...................let's just put it this way, if I was looking for max playing time I think UConn certainly and even ND would be far better choices........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sedona visiting two of the schools that good friend 2020 Deja Kelly visited earlier this year is not a coincidence . . .

It was reported that Prince would be visiting ND with another top recruit, which I assumed would be Kelly. Did some sleuthing just now on her Mom's account. Yep, they appear to be visiting to ND together.

I wonder if they'll go out to Oregon together, too.

Oregon already has PaoPao so you'd think ND is a better bet if they want to play together now that the only true point guard on the projected 20-21 roster is transferring out.

Deja continues to engage with a lot of Oregon stuff on social media, though. Her social media activity doesn't indicate she has been told Oregon is full.

Reaction Score
Yes, there were even photos of Howard in the gym with some of Baylor’s players. If I was Kim Mulkey, I would truly be uncomfortable with Howard being anywhere near the young ladies on my basketball team.
Agreed. That’s just so weird for me, the age gap is just throws me off. I view her as a child(although she is a grown woman) to someone his age. Especially with the scandal that came out a few months ago.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm sure Deja Kelly has a lot of people/factors tugging away at her. One year ago, her family upped and moved from San Antonio to the Dallas area where her boyfriend, 2020 SF Micah Peavy was playing after his Dad moved from Spring Dekaney H.S. in the north Houston area to become the head coach at Duncanville.

After Kelly decommitted from Texas last Fall, there was speculation that she would follow her boyfriend to whichever college he chose just like she followed him to Duncanville. At that time, Peavy hadn't been offered by Texas. A few months ago, Peavy released a Top 5 list of finalists (Texas was not among them). Then, this Spring, he blew up out different hoops events and his stock has risen significantly. Texas offered, as did several other big names schools. He re-opened his recruitment to give more colleges a chance to recruit him. Not sure if Oregon or Notre Dame are among them, as my memory recalls schools like Michigan, LSU, and Texas Tech.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
the younger Sabally is supposed to be terrific and Dugalic can play the 4/5 and is no slouch....let's just put it this way, if I was looking for max playing time I think UConn certainly and even ND would be far better choices...

If she's healthy and develops as expected when she was a top-10 prospect, I doubt playing time will be an issue anywhere. None of these schools is recruiting her to sit.

Reaction Score
I was always under the impression, from their 247 Page, the Oregon was done recruiting in the 2020 class and transfer market with the exception of two names -- Hailey Van Lith and Caitlin Clark. That was because they already have a five-player class and only one scholarship remaining (unless Giomi or Yaeger
will not take their fifth year). Then Bessoir committed to UCLA, and, once again, their 247 Page said they were waiting on Clark or Van Lith.

Then came the news that Ware was visiting. She is a bit of a unique case because she is a high level dual sport athlete, so I’m not sure what her status is with both sports at Oregon. It would be very difficult to find playing time at UO if you will also be pursuing volleyball due to the major overlap in seasons as well as the talent at the 4/5 positions (Cochrane, Sabally, Watson, Dugalic).

Then it was announced Prince will also be visiting, but Prince is a talent that IMO can’t be turned down, so maybe he will just give it to Prince.

Ironic how Kelly loved his small roster and now he is running out of scholarships?

Reaction Score
I was always under the impression, from their 247 Page, the Oregon was done recruiting in the 2020 class and transfer market with the exception of two names -- Hailey Van Lith and Caitlin Clark. That was because they already have a five-player class and only one scholarship remaining (unless Giomi or Yaeger
will not take their fifth year). Then Bessoir committed to UCLA, and, once again, their 247 Page said they were waiting on Clark or Van Lith.

Then came the news that Ware was visiting. She is a bit of a unique case because she is a high level dual sport athlete, so I’m not sure what her status is with both sports at Oregon. It would be very difficult to find playing time at UO if you will also be pursuing volleyball due to the major overlap in seasons as well as the talent at the 4/5 positions (Cochrane, Sabally, Watson, Dugalic).

Then it was announced Prince will also be visiting, but Prince is a talent that IMO can’t be turned down, so maybe he will just give it to Prince.

Ironic how Kelly loved his small roster and now he is running out of scholarships?

I guess he may be collecting height to compete with an Oregon State team that must average about 6'4" per player..................:confused:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
???
There's nothing at all confrontational or comparative intended by my post ...particularly if you read my personal postscript....I appreciate a solid screen (whether set by Dolson, Shepard or Gustafson, for that matter ) I'll amend the wording a tad (if need be) but my point still stands.
He’s a men’s board poster. They wander over every now and then, shout at someone, then wander back.

Reaction Score
Sorry fella, but people have always gone to one college or another, sports related or not, "for this or that". It's also kind of odd that you only care how current coaches and players want her to come here, but once we fans state we want her to come here that's over the top and irrelevant. Yet here you are stating such on a fan forum site. Sounds kind of contradictory. You may as well not be on the BY.

You have seriously missed the point. Grab a cup of coffee or do something to wake up and try to understand my simple post.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As one of the folks who botched the spelling of Stef’s name let me just say that if the BY starts criticizing everyone who misspell’s, misquotes or has their smartphones mis-enter the wrong word, we may as well shut the BY down now, because I’m pretty sure that none of us are perfect.
No+but+i+agree+hot+ass+this+is+its+not+_76deaf0cbc27e44dbb55c4070208673e.jpg

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Remember this....the road to the Final Four passes through UConn and there is only one UConn. You can think all you want and worry all you want but when it comes down to it there is only one UConn. Take all those bigs sitting on the bench and think to yourself if they were that good why are they sitting, what good does it do for the team and why would other bigs continue to check them out? IMO to replace the bigs sitting. The only way to gain experience is to play and if you dont play you dont gain experience and if you dont gain experience how can you get better in game situations. I really like our chances of getting Prince because we have the present and future recruits that will win NC's and the bottom line is Prince is getting a second chance and now has experienced one year of college ball. She knows what shes looking for and she knows where to find it and imo its all at UConn.

Reaction Score
Remember this....the road to the Final Four passes through UConn and there is only one UConn. You can think all you want and worry all you want but when it comes down to it there is only one UConn. Take all those bigs sitting on the bench and think to yourself if they were that good why are they sitting, what good does it do for the team and why would other bigs continue to check them out? IMO to replace the bigs sitting. The only way to gain experience is to play and if you dont play you dont gain experience and if you dont gain experience how can you get better in game situations. I really like our chances of getting Prince because we have the present and future recruits that will win NC's and the bottom line is Prince is getting a second chance and now has experienced one year of college ball. She knows what shes looking for and she knows where to find it and imo its all at UConn.

Sounds like you are describing the Uconn bench the past couple years.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Prince has experienced one year of watching college ball.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
What was this thread about again?

As are many of the threads here, it's about the obsessions/biases/opinions/egos of a number of people who have time on their hands. Sometimes it's ugly, but mostly it's entertaining and/or informative. ;^)

And thanks be to the moderators, who minimize the ugly.

Reaction Score

Where was the uncomfortability when Kobe ("I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter") Bryant visited UConn, USC and Oregon? In fact, it was celebrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom