Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doubt the NCAA cares what it looks like. Its the only game in town. Should we break up the NCAA..lol

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It is hard for me to grasp some of the posts here stating "how badly they want Prince to come to UCONN". I, for one, only care about our current players and coaching staff wanting her here and of course, Prince wanting to come to Storrs. I certainly do not want a recruit or transfer coming to Storrs "just because" of this or that. So if it is meant to be it'll be.

Anything other than those two circumstances IS IRRELEVANT!!!!
Sorry fella, but people have always gone to one college or another, sports related or not, "for this or that". It's also kind of odd that you only care how current coaches and players want her to come here, but once we fans state we want her to come here that's over the top and irrelevant. Yet here you are stating such on a fan forum site. Sounds kind of contradictory. You may as well not be on the BY.

Reaction Score
How does Oregon have any schollies left?! They seem to be getting commits all the time

Reaction Score
How does Oregon have any schollies left?! They seem to be getting commits all the time
They are currently at 14 for the 20-21 season. They were reportedly saving it for Clark or Hailey Van Lith, but Lauren Ware and Sedona are obviously both still in contention for it.

Reaction Score
They are currently at 14 for the 20-21 season. They were reportedly saving it for Clark or Hailey Van Lith, but Lauren Ware and Sedona are obviously both still in contention for it.
They are at 14 for 20-21 if their three redshirt juniors all return for their last year of eligibility after graduating. I think there is a very good chance that not all of them return which would give them one or more additional slots.

Reaction Score
Nothing says "family atmosphere" like telling kids they can't come back for their fifth year because you need the roster spot.
I’m not suggesting anything like that. But, if a player had let the coach know in advance that they wouldn’t be returning for a fifth year that would leave an open scholarship. I can think of two of those three players where that would be a possibility.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I’m not suggesting anything like that. But, if a player had let the coach know in advance that they wouldn’t be returning for a fifth year that would leave an open scholarship. I can think of two of those three players where that would be a possibility.

I don't know if that's what's happening here. But I bet it's happened before.

This isn't the first time I've heard this where the answer to "how do they still have scholarships?" is "Oh, there are some redshirt juniors who might not come back..."

I just always wonder if those kids aren't coming back because they want to transfer out or get a job. Or if they were told they had better move on.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't know if that's what's happening here. But I bet it's happened before.

This isn't the first time I've heard this where the answer to "how they still have scholarships?" is "Oh, there are some redshirt juniors who might not come back..."

I just always wonder if those kids aren't coming back because they want to transfer out or get a job. Or if they were told they had better move on.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Stanford have that situation with Marta Sniezek? Tara needed one additional scholarship, their 15th, to be available for Haley Jones.

In addition, many folks down at SC believe that Dawn “gently” pushed Te’a Cooper out the door through the transfer portal, for various reasons, after Cooper had announced she planned to return to SC for her final year of eligibility. Cooper has yet to find a new home.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Stanford have that situation with Marta Sniezek? Tara needed one additional scholarship, their 15th, to be available for Haley Jones.

In addition, many folks down at SC believe that Dawn “gently” pushed Te’a Cooper out the door through the transfer portal, for various reasons, after Cooper had announced she planned to return to SC for her final year of eligibility. Cooper has yet to find a new home.
I think Stanford's was a little different because I'm not sure Tara expected that Marta would be redshirting when Jones committed. If you look at early reports, Sniezek was only expected to be out 6-8 weeks.

Reaction Score

She’s going to Baylor

Reaction Score

Oregon is the perfect spot for SP as they need height more then UConn does..........................let's see who they've got now and a year from now.....................Ruthy Hebard 6'4", Lydia Giomi 6'5", Lucy Cochrane 6'5", the Sabally sisters 6'4" and 6'5", Angela Dugalic 6'4", and Kylee Watson 6'3".....................yup now you can see why they obviously need a 6'7" player................ perhaps she should drop by Oregon State while she's out there as I've heard they're a a bit on the short side too................:rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She’s going to Baylor
I know she visited Baylor several weeks back with Dwight Howard, her advisor/boyfriend/fiancé. But to date there has been no official public confirmation from Baylor or Cooper as to the transfer.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Stanford's was a little different because I'm not sure Tara expected that Marta would be redshirting when Jones committed. If you look at early reports, Sniezek was only expected to be out 6-8 weeks.
Yes, that’s true, but when you have 15 endowed scholarships that the alumni sponsors expect to be filled, sometimes you just have to cut players loose.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Oregon is the perfect spot for SP as they need height more then UConn does......let's see who they've got now and a year from now......Ruthy Hebard 6'4", Lydia Giomi 6'5", Lucy Cochrane 6'5", the Sabally sisters 6'4" and 6'5", Angela Dugalic 6'4", and Kylee Watson 6'3"......yup now you can see why they obviously need a 6'7" player...... perhaps she should drop by Oregon State while she's out there as I've heard they're a a bit on the short side too......:rolleyes:

Hebard's a senior and the older Sabally's a wing. Of the rest, who would take precedence over Prince?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hebard's a senior and the older Sabally's a wing. Of the rest, who would take precedence over Prince?
I think CB’s point is where exactly would Prince be more likely to get the most PT?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I know she visited Baylor several weeks back with Dwight Howard, her advisor/boyfriend/fiancé. But to date there has been no official public confirmation from Baylor or Cooper as to the transfer.

I thought you were joking for a second, then remembered that you weren't and now I'm grossed out all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom