SEC 2019-2020 discussion | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SEC 2019-2020 discussion

Reaction Score
It will be intresting to see what Chasity Patterson brings to the table for Kentucky. They are a strong defensive team but not enough scorers right now to compliment Howard!

Reaction Score
It will be intresting to see what Chasity Patterson brings to the table for Kentucky. They are a strong defensive team but not enough scorers right now to compliment Howard!
They'll also need a more efficient Howard, not the current one shooting 34% from the field and 28% from three. It's obviously super early, but both were ten percentage points higher last year.

Reaction Score
They'll also need a more efficient Howard, not the current one shooting 34% from the field and 28% from three. It's obviously super early, but both were ten percentage points higher last year.

She seems to be pressing a bit right now with the lack of scorers around her. I think she eventually settles down and shoots better. I think Haines has done some good stuff for Kentucky and has potential to really help carry some of that load offensively. Paschal, Roper, Green and McKinney all need to step up on offense. We will see soon if Patterson can bring some offense to this Kentucky team.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss has to be the worst team in the SEC.

Florida and Vandy aren't this incompetent

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Looking at box scores. Does Miss State have some defensive issues. I see some pretty offensive point totals, but the opponent has a lot of scores as well.

Reaction Score
Looking at box scores. Does Miss State have some defensive issues. I see some pretty offensive point totals, but the opponent has a lot of scores as well.
The first three games it wasn’t an issue but he was livid after the Troy game. He said basically they had gotten too lazy on their effort on defense and were content to simply outscore Troy.

Each game he has played everyone and tried several different lineups. At one point in a couple of games he has played P Taylor and Y Morris, both true posts, together. Everything had been pretty good until last night.

However all that said this team still has a ways to go on defense. M Taylor and C Bibby are the only complete defenders. J Danberry is pretty good too but will have issues when matched against taller wings.

Reaction Score
The first three games it wasn’t an issue but he was livid after the Troy game. He said basically they had gotten too lazy on their effort on defense and were content to simply outscore Troy.

Each game he has played everyone and tried several different lineups. At one point in a couple of games he has played P Taylor and Y Morris, both true posts, together. Everything had been pretty good until last night.

However all that said this team still has a ways to go on defense. M Taylor and C Bibby are the only complete defenders. J Danberry is pretty good too but will have issues when matched against taller wings.
I think Troy was the best team we have played and was amazed MSST dominated that game. If Vic was upset with that game he really is a perfectionist. I thought the team looked elite against Troy and saw team chemistry emerging.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I think Troy was the best team we have played and was amazed MSST dominated that game. If Vic was upset with that game he really is a perfectionist. I thought the team looked elite against Troy and saw team chemistry emerging.

Stop right there. It's Troy. Troy can't defend the lane at all. It's true that the difference between Troy and MSU is that Vic has taught his players how to use their bodies to finish around the rim, and his players were making layups from awkward positions all night. Troy is much more limited in their tricks - they can't do the same things back to us we're doing to them.

We made a very high percentage of our plays (some of them was regardless of opponent), but still....we had 9 top 100 recruits against their..... 0? The opponent is not even in the same stratosphere - you just can't claim we looked elite based on that game.

Reaction Score
Stop right there. It's Troy. Troy can't defend the lane at all. It's true that the difference between Troy and MSU is that Vic has taught his players how to use their bodies to finish around the rim, and his players were making layups from awkward positions all night. Troy is much more limited in their tricks - they can't do the same things back to us we're doing to them.

We made a very high percentage of our plays (some of them was regardless of opponent), but still....we had 9 top 100 recruits against their..... 0? The opponent is not even in the same stratosphere - you just can't claim we looked elite based on that game.
I do not judge a team by how many top 100 player are on the team, I judge the team by how I perceive the players they have play the game. Based upon the game I saw, Troy has some good players and they were well coached. I do not even know their record to date but Troy players looked better to me than any other team we have played. Notice, I did not say MSST was an elite team but they looked elite in the way they played against Troy. We will not know how good this team is until they play an elite team and perform at the elite level against that opposition.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Considering Troy was by far the toughest opponent MSU has played this year at #125, compared to the others, yeah, Troy is a scoring machine. Next up is #229 Jackson so once again we learn nothing from Vic. However after that come the Mad Bombers of Marquette with their #19 rating on the Marquette court so MSU better be ready. I also must quibble with @SCGamecock that scoring 120 points against the likes of #229 Murray St whose best player transferred and sits on our bench, (proving that against real D1 teams most mid majors can’t compete) With all the games AT HOME, isn’t proving anything. I hadn’t noticed that Vic hasn’t played any away games yet-even more of a disgrace-yes, DISGRACE! This team is over rated and I will now be rooting hard for virtually all SEC teams to beat them ESPECIALLY Tennessee.
Come on Vic, prove to us you’re worthy of this “top coach” mantle so many want to give you. Prove it by playing real teams on their court!
BTW Does anyone know where his daughter Blair is announcing? Would have much rather her announcing the UConn game last night over the Marist alum.

Reaction Score
Considering Troy was by far the toughest opponent MSU has played this year at #125, compared to the others, yeah, Troy is a scoring machine. Next up is #229 Jackson so once again we learn nothing from Vic. However after that come the Mad Bombers of Marquette with their #19 rating on the Marquette court so MSU better be ready. I also must quibble with @SCGamecock that scoring 120 points against the likes of #229 Murray St whose best player transferred and sits on our bench, (proving that against real D1 teams most mid majors can’t compete) With all the games AT HOME, isn’t proving anything. I hadn’t noticed that Vic hasn’t played any away games yet-even more of a disgrace-yes, DISGRACE! This team is over rated and I will now be rooting hard for virtually all SEC teams to beat them ESPECIALLY Tennessee.
Come on Vic, prove to us you’re worthy of this “top coach” mantle so many want to give you. Prove it by playing real teams on their court!
BTW Does anyone know where his daughter Blair is announcing? Would have much rather her announcing the UConn game last night over the Marist alum.
Blair is actually on staff this season, not sure of her exact role. She isn't an assistant coach but rather has an administrative type role.

I admit the schedule is softer than a pillow and we truly don't know anything about this team yet. That includes anyone saying they are strong or overrated.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that Massey rankings this early in the season are very misleading because they're based on last year's ending ranking. Marquette graduated all its starters and is nowhere near the top 20 team of last year (although they did score a somewhat surprising win over Green Bay yesterday).

Gotta give Vic credit for gaming this one: he gets the good Marquette team at home last year, when they barely win the game, and now that Marquette is a shell of that team, he deigns to be the visiting team.

Reaction Score
I believe miss st is a very good team and will contend towards the top of the conference, but we know absolutely nothing right now about how good they truly are with that schedule. Giving over 80 points to Troy is a bit concerning. It was like an NBA game the other night, both teams scored at will with little attempt to play defense.

Reaction Score
I believe miss st is a very good team and will contend towards the top of the conference, but we know absolutely nothing right now about how good they truly are with that schedule. Giving over 80 points to Troy is a bit concerning. It was like an NBA game the other night, both teams scored at will with little attempt to play defense.
Our freshmen can score but they still have a way to go on defense, however our returners, Mya Taylor, Bibby, AEH, Carter, and Jordan, have all improved the defensive play. Vic problem is the freshmen are so good on offense it is hard to keep them out of the game. My hope and belief is the new guys get motivated by Vic and the returners and improve defensively, if that happens, look out for MSST!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Blair is actually on staff this season, not sure of her exact role. She isn't an assistant coach but rather has an administrative type role.

I admit the schedule is softer than a pillow and we truly don't know anything about this team yet. That includes anyone saying they are strong or overrated.
Oh man, I thought she was really good analyst for the few games I heard her right out of school especially. Bummer.
I only think MSU is overrated in the Massey Ranking #2 as they haven’t played anyone to deserve it. The polls have it about right but until they actually play a team with a pulse-we just don’t know.

Reaction Score
It does not appear the Jackson State/MSST game will be streamed by ESPN+, does anyone know if there is a streaming service for this game?

Reaction Score
It does not appear the Jackson State/MSST game will be streamed by ESPN+, does anyone know if there is a streaming service for this game?

There is no way to view this game. If I remember correctly, the only upcoming OOC games that can be viewed without payment are West Virginia and Arkansas- Little Rock in December. You can pay to view both of the tournaments, but there are several other games with no viewing option at all.

Reaction Score
There is no way to view this game. If I remember correctly, the only upcoming OOC games that can be viewed without payment are West Virginia and Arkansas- Little Rock in December. You can pay to view both of the tournaments, but there are several other games with no viewing option at all.
Hope the Marquette game is streamed. I really want to watch that game.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Hope the Marquette game is streamed. I really want to watch that game.

Women's Basketball vs. Mississippi State

Marquette game also has a livestream on their site, but I don't know if it'll actually stream once it's gametime. I guess I have the NFL to watch tonight if I can't watch Jackson State - but of course I wanna see our game first and foremost. (Ameysha Williams)

Reaction Score
Arkansas will need to get hot from deep against teams like South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Tennessee due to their lack of size. Aliyah Boston and Jessika Carter (SEC POW) are to players who who will give them headaches based off of how they’ve been playing so far. Ramirez, Dungee, and Tolefree can fill it up, which makes them so dangerous.

The performance of Makayla Daniels, the Fr from Maryland, has been one of the major stories for the Hogs so far. SEC FotW last week, she looks like a senior out there. All home games against fair-to-middling opponents so far, but she looks very solid - over 20 pts in 2 of the past 3 games.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
92-53 MSST. How can you play so bad and win by 39? This game was the worst I have seen MSST play this season. The only player that I thought did well was AEH.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dawn wins by 80 against South Carolina Upstate.

Why don't we hear cries of bullying when these powerhouses--Baylor, Mississippi State, South Carolina--pulverize the little sisters of the poor they keep scheduling?

I'd be so embarrassed if UConn scheduled that type of competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom