SEC 2019-2020 discussion | Page 11 | The Boneyard

SEC 2019-2020 discussion

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I was going to mention that Connecticut plays only great power house teams in the Big East Conference they are in. Oh wait, they aren’t in the Big East anymore are they? What conference do they play in?
Whatever conference they are in has the team that has won the most titles ever. So if my memory serves me correctly, the mighty SEC has had exactly One more team win a title EVER in WCBB than either the AAC teams or what teams the BigEast will have next year...and considering your pathetic OOC and less then stellar conference teams of note, let’s compare SoS when all is said and done, maybe the Bulldogs will be within 5 to 7 spots below the Huskies...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Think you folks are also confusing teams a program has to play with those they intentionally schedule too.

UConn drops a couple of conference games in order to player better non-conference opponents. They also only play the dregs of the conference once a year. That's all by choice.
I didn't team had control to add or drop.their conference games. Someone should alert SEC football or ACC men's basketball teams about this.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
Whatever conference they are in has the team that has won the most titles ever. So if my memory serves me correctly, the mighty SEC has had exactly One more team win a title EVER in WCBB than either the AAC teams or what teams the BigEast will have next year...and considering your pathetic OOC and less then stellar conference teams of note, let’s compare SoS when all is said and done, maybe the Bulldogs will be within 5 to 7 spots below the Huskies...:rolleyes:

No need to get your panties in a wad. That was a tongue-in-cheek remark meant in fun as I clarified afterwards. Much respect for the Connecticut women’s program. All this will sort itself out during the season and in March.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No I am a State alum/fan and that remark was tongue in cheek. I well know your issues with the conference situation. I was just poking some fun at you all. I do agree that our non-conference schedule is weak this year. As has been mentioned previously, we have had a hard time (particularly on the Men’s side) getting OOC teams to play home and home against us in basketball because some teams want to play us in Starkvegas. They will claim it is hard to get there (it is really not though as a commercial airport is 18 miles from campus). But regardless our SEC schedule is pretty difficult this season so we will see how good we are come January/February.

I know. I was just poking a little fun back at you.

Reaction Score
I had the impression that South Carolina wasn't shooting particularly well from the perimeter, but the numbers actually are pretty good after the team's good shooting vs Clemson.

Team is shooting 41% overall from three.

Harris 6/14 43%
Cooke 9/23 39%
Henderson 11/20 55%
Beal 4/11 36%

Would like to see Harris and Cooke improve their two point FG %.

With Cooke could be a matter of better shot selection. Have to see how that goes as season continues on.

Reaction Score
I had the impression that South Carolina wasn't shooting particularly well from the perimeter, but the numbers actually are pretty good after the team's good shooting vs Clemson.

Harris 6/14 43%
Cooke 9/23 39%
Henderson 11/20 55%
Beal 4/11 36%

With Cooke could be a matter of better shot selection. Have to see how that goes as season continues on.
Is Cooke being groomed to be the point guard of the future or do you see her as more of a combo that is not the primary ball handler or even shooting guard?

Reaction Score

Harris 6/14 43%
Cooke 9/23 39%
Henderson 11/20 55%
Beal 4/11 36%

To me, South Carolina has been the biggest surprise. I thought they would be good but now I think they could be national championship caliber. I think they will give Baylor and UConn a scare, in fact I predict they will win both those games.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is Cooke being groomed to be the point guard of the future or do you see her as more of a combo that is not the primary ball handler or even shooting guard?
Combo; I think Destanni Henderson will start at the 1 next season, with Zia at the 2, Brea at the 3, Laeticia or Victaria at the 4 and Aliyah at the 5.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
To me, South Carolina has been the biggest surprise. I thought they would be good but now I think they could be national championship caliber. I think they will give Baylor and UConn a scare, in fact I predict they will win both those games.
I didn't think the freshmen would be so good, so early. Dawn has been keeping their minutes mostly in the low 20's, except against Maryland, so hopefully they won't hit that freshman wall.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss was #239 last year and on UConn’s schedule. Not like Geno has never scheduled a team in the 200-300 range.

Wichita State was #257.

Memphis was #232.

SMU was #231.

Can’t think of many teams who don’t have a few 200-300 games on their schedule.

Memphis and SMU are conference games. I believe the conversation is about OOC games which a team chooses to schedule.

Reaction Score

Without Lauren Cox it looks possible.

Reaction Score

That's a good question.

I'd guess that Henderson would be the primary point guard but that's just a guess.

Reaction Score
Both of them are considered point guards on the floor. Either of them can bring the ball up and initiate the offense or play the 2 guard slot.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I didn't team had control to add or drop.their conference games. Someone should alert SEC football or ACC men's basketball teams about this.

UConn will be moving another conference game next year--their third--to replace it with a just-announced Louisville game.

Reaction Score

Some rough luck for Ole Miss with this freshmen class.

Tai-yanna jackson was removed from the team preseason and now this.

They do have two 5 star players coming in next year. Long road ahead for ole miss. They just don’t have the players right now. Coach Yo seems to be selling something.

Reaction Score
Isn't most of your conference schedule made up of that type of competition?

Yup. Like that cupcake Temple. You know? Temple is that AAC nothing team that the Gamecocks absolutely slaughtered nipped 78-71 today.
What happened? Did dawn and the starting 5 get lost in Philadelphia? :D

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yup. Like that cupcake Temple. You know? Temple is that AAC nothing team that the Gamecocks absolutely slaughtered nipped 78-71 today.
What happened? Did dawn and the starting 5 get lost in Philadelphia? :D
A little snippy, eh? Should I bring up Seton Hall?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Yes. Please. Seton Hall is a positive in so many ways. :):)

Regarding SC, I will not take a dig since every team will have less than optimal games during the season. I did not see the game but in looking at the Box Score and the tough shooting stats of the front court players, I am guessing Temple must have made a strong effort to clog the paint and the relatively Good 3pt shooting helped SC squeak by.

Reaction Score

You referred to Temple as "that sort of competition". I didn't take that as a complimentary comment. Was I mistaken?
I try to be careful with what I say because some words don't taste very well when they must be eaten. :)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Is Cardoza still at Temple? We're about to enter one of those cycles where Temple will be competitive again.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yes. Please. Seton Hall is a positive in so many ways. :):)

Regarding SC, I will not take a dig since every team will have less than optimal games during the season. I did not see the game but in looking at the Box Score and the tough shooting stats of the front court players, I am guessing Temple must have made a strong effort to clog the paint and the relatively Good 3pt shooting helped SC squeak by.
We played awful at Temple, I don't deny that.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You referred to Temple as "that sort of competition". I didn't take that as a complimentary comment. Was I mistaken?
I try to be careful with what I say because some words don't taste very well when they must be eaten. :)
Temple isn't very good and we played awful yesterday, especially on defense. I'd still rather play poorly and win than play well and lose. ;)

Reaction Score
Temple isn't very good and we played awful yesterday, especially on defense. I'd still rather play poorly and win than play well and lose. ;)

Me too but if you are going to diss UConn's opponents on a UConn board be ready to have your own words tossed back at you. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom