SEC 2019-2020 discussion | Page 18 | The Boneyard

SEC 2019-2020 discussion

Reaction Score
1-2 Caliber of team UCONN has lost to in 2019-2020

3-7: teams that are equal to or greater than anyone that UCONN has beaten in 2019-2020

8-14: average UCONN opponent.

(I'm trying hard to go on a 8 game losing streak)

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Let me simplify the SEC picture in layman's terms:

1.A very good team
2.A mostly good, sometimes mediocre team
A bunch of mediocre, overrated, painful-to watch teams that are living off the overblown reputation of the SEC
Dead weight
…"you had me at 'hello' "... ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1-2 Caliber of team UCONN has lost to in 2019-2020

3-7: teams that are equal to or greater than anyone that UCONN has beaten in 2019-2020

8-14: average UCONN opponent.

(I'm trying hard to go on a 8 game losing streak)
Interesting. I thought this thread was about the SEC. Not sure what all this UConn talk has to do with anything.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting moving forward if Mitchell is out the rest of the year. That changes things a lot for LSU. The complexion and the chemistry will be very different. Even when Mitchell wasn’t scoring her rebounding and presence created so much for our team. That puts dramatically more pressure on the supporting cast moving forward. Hope the scans come back okay but it seems pretty dire based off her reaction and her fall.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting moving forward if Mitchell is out the rest of the year. That changes things a lot for LSU. The complexion and the chemistry will be very different. Even when Mitchell wasn’t scoring her rebounding and presence created so much for our team. That puts dramatically more pressure on the supporting cast moving forward. Hope the scans come back okay but it seems pretty dire based off her reaction and her fall.
Keep me updated. That one hurted my heart.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Keep me updated. That one hurted my heart.
It's awful. I can't bring myself to even watch a replay of this game. So, so upsetting to see anyone, and especially a senior, have their season end on an injury. :(

Reaction Score
It's awful. I can't bring myself to even watch a replay of this game. So, so upsetting to see anyone, and especially a senior, have their season end on an injury. :(

It took over 10 minutes to get her off the court. You could hear her screaming so loud on live tv. It was awful. My heart hurt so bad for her. This was the headline on the advocate over this game and injury

https://bloximages-newyork1-vip-townnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/theadvocate.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7//7af2f0e1-0d2e-58b3-9833-96fa34c90d6d/5e373abb4045c.image.jpg?resize=1024%2C1162

Plebe

Reaction Score
I had just seen a similar situation on Saturday when I tuned in to the Gonzaga-BYU game. Gonzaga starter Katie Campbell crumpled on a breakaway layup after stealing the ball in the open court. Everything about the way she fell and was clutching her knee just left little doubt. And this is after Gonzaga lost 2 starters last year late in the season in similar fashion :( If I ever stop watching WCBB it will be because my heart can't take watching injuries like this happen.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I thought this thread was about the SEC. Not sure what all this UConn talk has to do with anything.
I was just trying to put it in terms you could appreciate : )

Reaction Score
I was in mountains this weekend out of television range and did not realize Mitchell had been injured or how bad it was.

Sorry to hear that. Brutal year for injuries in this league.

Reaction Score
I was in mountains this weekend out of television range and did not realize Mitchell had been injured or how bad it was.

Sorry to hear that. Brutal year for injuries in this league.
Also read the Gabby Connally was taken to the hospital during the Mississippi State game to get stitches.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Also read the Gabby Connally was taken to the hospital during the Mississippi State game to get stitches.

She's ok. Just got a massive cut somewhere on her face (she bumped skulls with Danberry) and bled a smidge onto the court. Not an injury that will keep her out. the uglier play in that game was Jenna Stati dishing an elbow onto Myah Taylor's stomach which crowd really booed at.

Reaction Score
J Danberry was guarding her near the half court line. J Danberry lunged for the ball at the same time G Connally lunged forward. Both players were hurt. G Connally had to get stitches and J Danberry had to go sit down. J Danberry returned later in the game. It was one of those freak accidents but regardless looked very painful.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ok, it's Feb 4, what the heck does this conference look like a month from now? I have NO IDEA after South Carolina. I guess MSU but then what?
Tennessee 7-2? I mean they are not impressive but they are winning the games they should. I guess Thursday will be a big information game for both them and MSU (L). They have to play at LSU (?), followed by Texas A&M (?) and at Arkansas (L), Vandy/Ole Miss/Aub (w). That's 10-4 with 2 ?'s.
Arkansas 6-3 has SC (L) and Kentucky (w) at home so if they want to prove something, now's the time. This is followed by Ole Miss (w), Tenn (?), Florida (w), @ MSU (L) and LSU (?) leaving 9-5 with 2 ?'s
Kentucky 6-3 lost without Howard who will be sidelined for a few weeks. They have Alabama (w), Arkansas (L), MSU (L), Ole Miss (w), SC (L), Georgia (w), Vandy (w) remaining. With or without Howard they should be 10-6. They need Howard for a good run in the SEC.
Texas A&M 6-3 should be getting Carter back this week @ MSU (L), then Vandy (w), @ Tenn (?), Georgia/Auburn/Alabama (w) and @SC (L) for 10-5 with ? (Tenn game could decide 3rd)
LSU 6-3 home against Mizzou (w), Tenn (?) @ Aub (w), @SC (L), Georgia (w), Vandy (w), @ Arkansas (?) for 11-4 with 2 ?'s so they could be in the battle for 3rd. Wow, never thought this...Extend her contract now!!!!:rolleyes:
I have zero faith in the rest but it looks like 7 SEC would make the NCAAT-considering I think this conference is still soft, that's impressive with 7. I guess Kentucky could stumble mightily to only make 6 but doubt it.
Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Miss State - Tennessee seems like the most interesting game left on the SEC schedule.

those two plus South Carolina will be 1-2-3, I believe. Probably miss st 2.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I think we're gonna lose to either Arkansas, Tennessee, or A&M.

Arkansas because they score in a hurry. Can't play defense at all, and Yemiyah Morris can score on them, but they have a chance if they score 75 or more points.

Tennessee I think we should take care of, but Van Lagen said Tennessee's length could bother Jackson. If Jackson is missing those up and unders she likes so much, we could lose. But if we force a lot of turnovers like everyone predicts it probably won't be close. A&M is still not bad without Carter... I wouldn't be surprised if we finally drop one (to an SEC opponent not named SC)... and it's to them.

South Carolina I would've said is probably most likely to be upset by LSU, but without Mitchell I think a 16-0 year looks as favorable for them this year than any other year.

Reaction Score
I think we're gonna lose to either Arkansas, Tennessee, or A&M.

Arkansas because they score in a hurry. Can't play defense at all, and Yemiyah Morris can score on them, but they have a chance if they score 75 or more points.

Tennessee I think we should take care of, but Van Lagen said Tennessee's length could bother Jackson. If Jackson is missing those up and unders she likes so much, we could lose. But if we force a lot of turnovers like everyone predicts it probably won't be close. A&M is still not bad without Carter... I wouldn't be surprised if we finally drop one (to an SEC opponent not named SC)... and it's to them.

South Carolina I would've said is probably most likely to be upset by LSU, but without Mitchell I think a 16-0 year looks as favorable for them this year than any other year.

I hadn't really considered the possibility of losing to LSU at home.

Much like Tennessee, I wouldn't think they have enough offense even with Mitchell to pull a road upset.

I figure it will be a team that packs in a zone and gets enough offense to squeak one out. I see Arkansas and TAMU as the most likely culprits, with Kentucky being next.

Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston is moving better today, but still looks to be a game time decision vs Arkansas.

Amihere definitely out as she will be with Team Canada (unclear her availability vs UCONN and the tournament ends Sunday).

This Arkansas game continues to worry me.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston is moving better today, but still looks to be a game time decision vs Arkansas.

Amihere definitely out as she will be with Team Canada (unclear her availability vs UCONN and the tournament ends Sunday).

This Arkansas game continues to worry me.
Arkansas is so overrated. Lost to Cal, of all teams. Also lost at home to Georgia, Needed a late collapse by Missouri just to beat a 5-16 team.

Perhaps you don't remember the first game. Arkansas sucks at defense and rebounding. Unless South Carolina just forgets to raise their arms to rebound, they'll basically be able to keep shooting until they make it every possession.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is so overrated. Lost to Cal, of all teams. Also lost at home to Georgia, Needed a late collapse by Missouri just to beat a 5-16 team.

Perhaps you don't remember the first game. Arkansas sucks at defense and rebounding. Unless South Carolina just forgets to raise their arms to rebound, they'll basically be able to keep shooting until they make it every possession.

I didn't realize you were so low on Arkansas.

Boston almost went 20/20 the last time. If she's out or hampered os not playing well that would be a significant difference, particularly with Amihere unavailable.

All it takes from there is a good shooting night from Arkansas to pull the upset.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Boston almost went 20/20 the last time. If she's out or hampered os not playing well that would be a significant difference, particularly with Amihere unavailable.

All it takes from there is a good shooting night from Arkansas to pull the upset.
And all it takes is to guess the right numbers to win the lottery.

Amihere is your 5th leading rebounder and 9th leading scorer. I don't think that's a big deal.

Even without Boston, SC has plenty of bodies who can rebound much better than anyone Arkansas has.

Worry about it if you want to worry about something, but objectively there's nothing to worry about.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
And all it takes is to guess the right numbers to win the lottery.

Amihere is your 5th leading rebounder and 9th leading scorer. I don't think that's a big deal.

Even without Boston, SC has plenty of bodies who can rebound much better than anyone Arkansas has.

Worry about it if you want to worry about something, but objectively there's nothing to worry about.
Please stop bringing sunshine to his Gloom! The poor fan has every right to panic, far be it from any of us to deny them their misery...No one tried to cheer up Eeyore did they? ;)

Reaction Score

I guess you forgot Saxton had 19 and 10 in Fayetteville last year and missed the SEC tournament which played a big factor in why we lost to them... We will be fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom