SEC 2019-2020 discussion | Page 21 | The Boneyard

SEC 2019-2020 discussion

Reaction Score
IMO Boston and Jackson are the top 2, with Boston winning it. Wish you could give multiple of these awards, the talent and play by some of these kids are superb and way beyond their age.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
I am giving Boston the edge. Jackson would be the most valuable freshman because without her State is probably 18-9 right now.

Without Boston SC has maybe one more loss and that maybe iffy. That is a great team.

But the FoY is going to usually go to a really good player on the best team and Boston is that player.

Reaction Score
South Carolina fans can keep arguing that Boston deserves it over Jackson. I honestly couldn't care less. I say let Boston have the award because she's gotten more talk and more hype surrounding her this year. That means she's probably gonna win it.

Btw, Rickea is up to 15.0 points per game after last night's effort against Auburn. Rebounding and blocks will always favor Boston. Also, Rickea's field goal percentage at .477 is impressive for her position (Vivians had sub .350 for parts of her career) where Boston you'd expect that type of stat from her spot.

Again, not arguing who deserves it or not... but just wanna update you on the stats a little bit.
Well Vivian shot a lot of 3s and Jackson get a lot of points around the paint. If Boston win the award it will be more about her production than any hype she received. Personally I care more about winning a 5th regular season crown in seven years than any player awards. Someone asked the question so I gave my answer.

Last edited:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
@shiverz45

I don't know when I said that 2nd part....... at all.

I don't rememeber that post... at all.

Weird post, man. But give it to Boston, honestly....... I really don't care if she wins over Rickea. I mean that.

Last edited:

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Of course. And I think that's the chief argument for Lauren Cox too. Stats don't jump off the page, but she has too many other players around her that she can just... chill.
I concur.....

Reaction Score
It's Boston or Jackson.

I think both are very important to their teams.

I think Boston is what makes South Carolina a title contender.

Reaction Score
South Carolina 67 Kentucky 58

South Carolina clinches the SEC outright title.

Alabama 66 Miss State 64

Miss State is limping into the tournament as one of their bad quarters comes back to haunt them again.

Florida 83 Arkansas 80

I actually called this one. Just felt like a game a team too dependent on the perimeter might end up losing.

Georgia 73 LSU 56

This one sort of slipped under the radar. Tough slide to end the season for an LSU team. I think Georgia, Alabama, and Florida are all fairly frisky opponents who have given some teams some hard times.

Tennessee 67 Vanderbilt 63

Watched a bit of this one and the Vols very nearly lost their second game to Vandy in Knoxville, which would have been their second in a row. Vandy deserved a better season than they got, but it has really come apart on them.

Texas A&M 84 Auburn 54

TAMU wanted no part of upset Sunday and took care of business. I have a suspicion this might be the second best team in the SEC now that Carter is back. I think they are a real threat to win the SEC tournament and a threat to prevent SC's perfect conference season.. Hopefully, the seeding will set them up not to face SC until the title game.

Missouri 82 Ole Miss 67

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina 14-0

2. Texas A&M 10-4
3. Miss State 11-3

4. Kentucky 9-5
5. Arkansas 9-5
6. Tennessee 8-6
7. LSU 8-6

8. Georgia 6-8
9. Alabama 6-8
10. Florida 6-8

11. Missouri 5-9
12. Auburn 3-11
13. Vandy 3-11

14. Ole Miss 0-14

Reaction Score
Pretty sure this is what the seed lines look like at the moment for SEC tournament :

1. South Carolina
8. Georgia/Alabama

4. Arkansas
5. Kentucky

2. Miss State
7. Tennessee / Florida

3. Texas A&M
6. LSU

Reaction Score
Thursday:

Arkansas @ Miss State
Alabama @ TAMU
Georgia @ Kentucky
Vanderbilt @ LSU
Ole Miss @ Tennessee
South Carolina @ Florida
Auburn @ Missouri

Sunday:

Texas A&M at South Carolina
LSU @ Arkansas
Tennessee @ Auburn
Kentucky @ Vandy
Miss State @ Ole miss
Florida @ Georgia
Missouri @ Alabama

Reaction Score
NCAA locks:

South Carolina, Miss State, Texas A&M, Kentucky.

NCAA probables?

LSU (RPI 34) vs Vandy, @ Arkansas
Arkansas (35) @ Miss State, vs LSU

LSU probably just needs to beat Vandy.
Can Arkansas afford two losses? Beating LSU is probably enough.

NCAA Bubble

Tennessee (55) vs Ole Miss, @ Auburn
Alabama (65) @ TAMU, vs Missouri
Georgia (71) @ Kentucky, Florida

Might get some offense for these three, but think all three are in striking distance of playing themselves in. Think they all need two wins plus conference tourney wins, but it's interesting how the RPI sees Tennessee as in the WNIT tier pretty much.

Reaction Score
the top two seeds are now locked as South Carolina and Miss State.

Very, Very likely Kentucky (holding tiebreaker and facing Vandy) will be the 3 seed and TAMU will be the 4.

Reaction Score
the top two seeds are now locked as South Carolina and Miss State.

Very, Very likely Kentucky (holding tiebreaker and facing Vandy) will be the 3 seed and TAMU will be the 4.
If TAMU lose to SC and LSU wins how would they be the 4th seed? LSU has beaten TAMU twice. Unless my math is off they both would have the same record. Arkansas would have to beat LSU if TAMU loses to SC for them to be the 4th seed.

Reaction Score
If TAMU lose to SC and LSU wins how would they be the 4th seed? LSU has beaten TAMU twice. Unless my math is off they both would have the same record. Arkansas would have to beat LSU if TAMU loses to SC for them to be the 4th seed.

ye of little faith?

Reaction Score
Thoughts on SEC FOY??? I’ve been hearing different names so who do you think will win it?

Several strong freshman in the SEC this season, and Miss State's Rickea Jackson is right there at the top. USC's Gamecocks' Aliyah Boston will have obstacles in her way in fellow freshman Zia Cooke who leads the Gamecocks in scoring in conference play and has led the team in scoring overall at points this season. Right now Boston is tied with senior Kiki Herbert-Harrigan as the top scorers with 12.9 ppg, with Cooke falling to 3rd at 12.4 ppg.

A strong resume on Boston's behalf would be her being 2nd overall regardless of class in the SEC in blocks per game and field goal %, and 3rd overall in rebounds per game, despite only averaging 23.9 minutes per game this season. That's another obstacle for Boston, as the Gamecock bench has played so well this season, that she's not required to stay on the floor for 30+ mpg - although her physical conditioning plays a role in that as well. I will be excited to see how well she performs next season with a full off-season strength & conditioning program under her belt...

Reaction Score
I have to admit. I'm proud of what LSU accomplished with and without Mitchell. I think we'd be #3 seed in the conference tournament with Mitchell. But I'm humble we stayed competing. If it's an indication of next year. I'd say we should be in the top half of the conference again.

On to the conference tournament

Reaction Score
Boston's resume is that her addition to the team has made South Carolina a national title contender.

would not be shocking if Jackson wins freshman of the year.

Anyone else would be shocking.

Reaction Score
Boston's resume is that her addition to the team has made South Carolina a national title contender.

would not be shocking if Jackson wins freshman of the year.

Anyone else would be shocking.
As MSST fan my heart wants Rickea to be FOY but my head says Boston deserves that award.

Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard: Player of the Year
Aliyah Boston: Freshman of the Year; Defensive Player of the Year
Dawn Staley: Coach of the Year:

First Team All-SEC

• Alexis Tolefree, Arkansas
  • Unique Thompson, Auburn
  • Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
  • Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
  • Tyasha Harris, South Carolina
  • Rennia Davis, Tennessee
  • Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M
  • N'dea Jones, Texas A&M
Second Team All-SEC

• Jasmine Walker, Alabama
  • Chelsea Dungee, Arkansas
  • Ayana Mitchell, LSU
  • Khayla Pointer, LSU
  • Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
  • Jordan Danberry, Mississippi State
  • Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
  • Mikiah Herbert Harrigan, South Carolina
All-Freshman

• Lavender Briggs, Florida
  • Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
  • Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
  • Hayley Frank, Missouri
  • Zia Cooke, South Carolina
  • Jordan Horston, Tennessee
  • Koi Love, Vanderbilt
All-Defensive

• Que Morrison, Georgia
  • Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
  • Faustine Aifuwa, LSU
  • Jordan Danberry, Mississippi State
  • Jordyn Cambridge, Vanderbilt
Player of the Year - Rhyne Howard, Kentucky

Freshman of the Year - Aliyah Boston, South Carolina

Defensive Player of the Year - Aliyah Boston, South Carolina

6th Woman of the Year - Chasity Patterson, Kentucky

Scholar-Athlete of the Year - Jordan Lewis, Alabama

Coach of the Year - Dawn Staley, South Carolina

Reaction Score
Nothing crazy about the awards, I tend to agree with them. Well deserved for all those athletes.

I am really blown away by some of the freshmen in the league this year. A few who did not make the list have been highly impactful.

Reaction Score
who is Daniels?

Arkansas freshmen. She averaged around 8 points in conference play. I would need to go check a couple of the other players but many of them averaged double figure scoring in conference play.

Briggs averaged 15 pts and led her team in scoring.
Rickea averaged 16.5 pts and led her team in scoring.

Blackwell had 17.5 pts per game and Franks had 12.5 pts per game to lead their team.

Cook and Boston averaged over 13 a game in conference play

Horston averaged 9.9 with a bunch of assists. I don’t know loves conference numbers but she has put up over 10 points in most the games I saw her. Not sure who you would knock off the list for Daniels

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom