S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 16 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm just going to put this here bc I want fellow Gamecock opinions. This is trashy to me. I'd be MORTIFIED if anyone on our WBB team did this. I'm sorry. Maybe it's just me. I thought we were trying to ADVANCE women's sports...NOT objectify them.

Well, she's definitely getting national "exposure."

Is that good or bad for wbb?

Reaction Score
Well, she's definitely getting national "exposure."

Is that good or bad for wbb?
This is not a sports Illustrated picture I think. In this past swimsuit issue-Stewie was photographed in there..btw

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched the pivot podcast episode with Dawn Staley. I didn’t know Amihere wanted to transfer this past season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm just going to put this here bc I want fellow Gamecock opinions. This is trashy to me. I'd be MORTIFIED if anyone on our WBB team did this. I'm sorry. Maybe it's just me. I thought we were trying to ADVANCE women's sports...NOT objectify them.

This is an SI Swimsuit issue that Reese and LSU Dunne where asked to participate in. SI had an issue last year featuring WNBA players. So what's the issue with two college athletes being in the issue? SI Swimsuit issue means the models are going to be dressed in swimsuits.

Reaction Score
I watched the pivot podcast episode with Dawn Staley. I don’t know Amihere wanted to transfer this past season.
No one knew until Dawn said something lol. LA probably felt like she was a starter and Saxton returning meant she couldn’t. I’m glad she stuck it out.

Reaction Score
I watched the pivot podcast episode with Dawn Staley. I don’t know Amihere wanted to transfer this past season.
I can believe it. She once was the #2 prospect for her class before some injuries sidelined her. She never started and Saxton makes use of her Covid year, basically assuring she won't get the guaranteed playing time as a starting power forward.

I don't know how Dawn did it but I'm sure she'll be using Amihere as a poster child for future recruits on sticking it out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can believe it. She once was the #2 prospect for her class before some injuries sidelined her. She never started and Saxton makes use of her Covid year, basically assuring she won't get the guaranteed playing time as a starting power forward.

I don't know how Dawn did it but I'm sure Amihere will be using her as a poster child for future recruits on sticking it out.
Amihere is a great example of perseverance and trusting the process. Not only for SC, but athletes in general.

Reaction Score

I don't know how Dawn did it but I'm sure she'll be using Amihere as a poster child for future recruits on sticking it out.
It paid off as the first non-starter to be drafted in the first round since Azure Stevens in 2018. I wouldn’t be surprised if Amihere one day grows into a DeWanna Bonner type (all the crayons are in the box, they just need sharpened), but even if her ceiling is like Stevens’, that’s not a bad place to be. Azure is a really solid WNBA player.

Reaction Score
Hurt.JPG

Box Score versus Iowa. ..by all means these two Seniors did not cost us the game but but just 6 points between the two of them and we win that game..

Reaction Score
View attachment 88116
Box Score versus Iowa. ..by all means these two Seniors did not cost us the game but but just 6 points between the two of them and we win that game..
The biggest issue on that stat sheet is Bree Beal with so little production and so many minutes and she wasn't even guarding Clark. I thought Amihere shut Clark down when she was in the game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No one knew until Dawn said something lol. LA probably felt like she was a starter and Saxton returning meant she couldn’t. I’m glad she stuck it out.

I floated the idea of Amihere coming to Duke. She would have gotten alot more than ten minutes a game in Durham and would have played in a better looking uniform. These kids need to listen to me once in a while. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The biggest issue on that stat sheet is Bree Beal with so little production and so many minutes and she wasn't even guarding Clark. I thought Amihere shut Clark down when she was in the game.
This. The blaming of Saxton and Fletcher I’ve seen from some in Gamecock fandom is misguided. Beal with a poor game, Boston out of rhythm due to early foul calls, late turnovers, etc., had far more to do with the loss. The Gamecocks picked a bad time to play their worst game of the season.

Reaction Score
This. The blaming of Saxton and Fletcher I’ve seen from some in Gamecock fandom is misguided. Beal with a poor game, Boston out of rhythm due to early foul calls, late turnovers, etc., had far more to do with the loss. The Gamecocks picked a bad time to play their worst game of the season.
I love our WBB Connection but I honestly disagree.

Reaction Score
We were all confused when she didn’t start the 2nd half. Iowa had no answer for her and she was playing very well on defense.
That was…not Dawn’s finest night coaching. A lot of headscratchers. Cardoso was super productive but was also out of position on defense most of the game. Saxton and Amihere were key to our defense all season long but were nailed to the bench.

It’ll probably always be one of those “what if” moments for Gamecock fans. Iowa just plain earned it.

Reaction Score
fyi,,,WNBA May 18: Final Roster Cut-down Date: 12 players, 5:00 pm EST

Reaction Score
View attachment 88116
Saxton line is somewhat repeat of the loss to Stanford where she had 0 pts and 1 rebound. But she played a lot more in that one I think.

Reaction Score
That was…not Dawn’s finest night coaching. A lot of headscratchers. Cardoso was super productive but was also out of position on defense most of the game. Saxton and Amihere were key to our defense all season long but were nailed to the bench.

It’ll probably always be one of those “what if” moments for Gamecock fans. Iowa just plain earned it.
I'm not sure Saxton or particularly Amihere were ever the "key to the defense" for SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom