S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 12 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are we playing Stanford this year, or was that only a two year home and home agreement?
We're still playing them. Dawn reschedule our UCLA game at UCLA a year so that we can face Stanford and UCLA in one big West Coast trip.

Reaction Score
Some Oregon numbers last season:
Endyia Rogers - 35 GP / 32.5 min / 136 ast (3.9)
Te-Hina Paopao - 35 GP / 32.7 min / 117 ast (3.3)
Rogers is friends with Reese. wonder is she ends up at LSU.

Reaction Score
I think Paopao puts SC back in the "strong contender" category if SC ever exited it.

I think the expectation is now something like the Regional Final as opposed to the F4 expectation of last season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Paopao puts SC back in the "strong contender" category if SC ever exited it.

I think the expectation is now something like the Regional Final as opposed to the F4 expectation of last season.
I think we’ve got a chance to be better offensively.

Aliyah didn’t seem to find her scoring punch this year and we got very little point production out of three other starters.

There’s no chance we replicate the defensive excellence the Freshies became known for, but this team could really put some points on the board if we land Morrow.

Reaction Score
So, who do we have this year for nonconference opponents?

Notre Dame
Stanford
UCLA
UConn

One of the South Dakota’s??

Would love to see a Big Ten, a Big 12 and a North Carolina opponent added. Time to get an early start to Texas and Oklahoma coming in??

Reaction Score

Notre Dame
Stanford
UCLA
UConn

Would love to see a Big Ten, a Big 12 and a North Carolina opponent added. Time to get an early start to Texas and Oklahoma coming in??
You can add Clemson and an HBCU to be named to the list and remove UCLA. That series will skip a season to ‘24-‘25.
IMG_5608.jpeg

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Notre Dame
Stanford
UCLA
UConn

If yall ain't scared, I'd love for yall to return to my neck of the woods.

Man it would be great to see some chickens at Wake Forest, High Point, or NCA&T. Baptists, Methodists, and Land Granters love chicken. Im sure UNCG and Elon would welcome yall as well.

Reaction Score
Highlights of both 24’ Cali recruits Kennedy Smith and Jordan Lee. Dawn is high on both and having Te-Hina from Cali on the roster should bode well for us.

Reaction Score

I have nothing against her, hope she does not end up at SC however, it’s just not a fit imo, she will do well wherever she goes so I wish her the best. She is a great player, especially in the right circumstances and on the right team, great talent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If yall ain't scared, I'd love for yall to return to my neck of the woods.

Man it would be great to see some chickens at Wake Forest, High Point, or NCA&T. Baptists, Methodists, and Land Granters love chicken. Im sure UNCG and Elon would welcome yall as well.
Love your stuff, get your humor btw. No offense ever taken, puns in order and good stuff. Duke coach, Kara, I saw that video of her speech about life and “hard”, it was motivating and brilliant. I can get behind her style all day. Big fan of her. She is inspiring to say the least.

Reaction Score
I have nothing against her, hope she does not end up at SC however, it’s just not a fit imo, she will do well wherever she goes so I wish her the best. She is a great player, especially in the right circumstances and on the right team, great talent.
I total agree with you. after reading her 'checklist' I just don't think she's a good fit. I don't know how we even made her top 3. I hope she commits before she visits sc. Because to me it's just a courtesy visit because it's sc and coach staley. just my opinion.....

Reaction Score

I hate post like these… you never know who’s watching. Also if Dawn think she’s a possible fit and wants her to visit I’m all for it!

Reaction Score
I hate post like these… you never know who’s watching. Also if Dawn think she’s a possible fit and wants her to visit I’m all for it!
I’m not sure she fits either. Nor am I convinced that she has an open offer for anything other than a visit at this time.

After she visits and (1) our players, (2) Dawn and (3) the other coaches check her out, I will welcome her with open arms iIF Dawn offers. It’s Dawn’s call - not mine.

We have plenty of talent and I think Dawn has enough experience regarding team morale to know what’s best for the team

Reaction Score
I’m not sure she fits either. Nor am I convinced that she has an open offer for anything other than a visit at this time.

After she visits and (1) our players, (2) Dawn and (3) the other coaches check her out, I will welcome her with open arms iIF Dawn offers. It’s Dawn’s call - not mine.

We have plenty of talent and I think Dawn has enough experience regarding team morale to know what’s best for the team

And that’s fine but like I said in my other post, if Dawn feels like she could fit then let her work! Too many computer coaches these days. I’m also not sure she wouldn’t be recruiting her and spending money for her to get here if she wasn’t going to offer her. Of course it comes down to what you said with overall fit with the team and coaches. if not SC hopefully out west.

Reaction Score
She would take mega minutes from Feagin and Watkins. Those two committed to SC out of HS. They both were 5 star AA’s. Let them play and develop, that’s my thoughts. Morrow can go elsewhere, wish her the best.

If both Feagin and Watkins get huge minutes this year, as they should and would at most schools, they will produce. I hate when schools try to recruit over 5/star kids who have waited. I already think PaoPao will take away from Fulwiley minutes, and tbh, Fulwiley doesnt need that, she would start for most schools, let her play and develop early, the sooner the better with a talent like that.

I love Dawn, but she holds back young talent too much sometimes being afraid to let them them develop in real time.

I said some times….she needs to let Fulwiley play a bunch this year. You don’t sit a talent like that Or you will lose them in this age. Feagin, Watkins and Fulwiley all start at most schools and show out…you either throw them in and let them play or risk losing them. Forget trying to recruit over them from portal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Question for SC fans about Toby Fournier. She has SC listed as part of her top 8 but I haven't seen much feedback on her from SC fans. Curious as to whether people see her as a fit with Coach Staley's program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom