Rodney Purvis- Transferring (BREAKING NEWS) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis- Transferring (BREAKING NEWS)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any guesses to when Purvis is going to put out a list or something?

Reaction Score
My reading comprehension is fine. Your arguments are shifting how ever. Here is a direct quote from you. "Going from the best bball conference (ACC) to a mid major bball conference." No where did you say that they will be the best conference, which by the way is still open to debate. Furthermore when I sited RPI you defended the ACC as being the best by discounting RPI. Maybe if you at that point had said you meant you felt that in the future the ACC would be the best you might have a case. However, it seems your story is changing. Also I will repeat we are not sure what the ACC will look like when Louisville is in the league, as UNC may well be in the Big Ten. Syracuse may be on probation, and Notre Dame/Pittsburgh are good regular season teams that exit the NCAA tournaments consistently before many mid majors. So in 2 years the ACC may be the best conference, but right now they aren't, and there is no guarantee they will be.

You are an absolute idiot.

You comprehension skills are severely lacking.

Your direct quote you took from me had to do with 2014-2015 season when Purvis would be eligible to play. Please explain how the yester years have anything do with Rodney Purvis and the Big East as it will be constructed when he would be playing in what will be called the AMC?

Please enlighten me why you are hte only one who has brought up the past Big East vs ACC ect when I never once mentioned the past and their standing. The BIg East has been the best bball conference for quite some time HOWEVER the ACC will be the best BBALL conference when Purvis would be playing and that is what this thread was talking about.

Furthermore I quoted your post in #87 and replied to with the added teams and yet you still were unable to follow what I said and what was meant by my original post. I never once said anything about ACC being the best based on RPI as you claim above in the bolded. You are creating a false perception its weird.

Try going back and rereading each of my posts. Its not that difficult to follow. Heres a tip to follow... My comments are based on the perception of Purvis playing at UConn in 2014-2015. They ahve nothing to do with the Big East this year or the ACC in the past decade.

If you even care to read my post #88 I clearly state the Big East has been the best bball conference. Dont know why you are making things up about what I meant and what I said.

Reaction Score

"Purvis is..."

Like you know.

Yeah right.

He's transferring because he listened to his mother and stayed home to play at NC State instead of UConn where he wanted to go in the first place. He's transferring to play for a coach that has actual abilities to help him improve his point guard skills and go to the NBA.

Reaction Score
You embarrass yourself when you state things like this as fact, just because you read it from some random poster on your Friar board does not make it true. You have no clue why he is transferring and neither do I, what I do know is NC State has had 9 transfers since 2010 and 6 transfers in the past year or so. My guess is his transfer has more to do with his coach being a disaster and the NC State program having major problems.

Reaction Score
You are an absolute idiot.

You comprehension skills are severely lacking.

Your direct quote you took from me had to do with 2014-2015 season when Purvis would be eligible to play. Please explain how the yester years have anything do with Rodney Purvis and the Big East as it will be constructed when he would be playing in what will be called the AMC?

Please enlighten me why you are hte only one who has brought up the past Big East vs ACC ect when I never once mentioned the past and their standing. The BIg East has been the best bball conference for quite some time HOWEVER the ACC will be the best BBALL conference when Purvis would be playing and that is what this thread was talking about.

Furthermore I quoted your post in #87 and replied to with the added teams and yet you still were unable to follow what I said and what was meant by my original post. I never once said anything about ACC being the best based on RPI as you claim above in the bolded. You are creating a false perception its weird.

Try going back and rereading each of my posts. Its not that difficult to follow. Heres a tip to follow... My comments are based on the perception of Purvis playing at UConn in 2014-2015. They ahve nothing to do with the Big East this year or the ACC in the past decade.

If you even care to read my post #88 I clearly state the Big East has been the best bball conference. Dont know why you are making things up about what I meant and what I said.
Unlike you I won't get into name calling. The simple fact is you made a statement about the ACC being the best conference. As for reading comprehension you should try it yourself, what I said is your response was about disclaiming RPI, not your saying the ACC was the best based on RPI. The funny thing is if you agreed that the ACC wasn't the best conference all you would have had to say is this "I agree the ACC hasn't been the best conference in the recent past, that I had misunderstood, and that you meant in two years it will be." That is a fairly simple thing to say and then the discussion could have moved on to whether anyone will have any idea what the best conference will look like in two years with the potential changes in basketball conferences that are likely coming down the road. Tell me two years ago would you have been able to predict that the Big East would be what it is going to be next year?

I think the problem with many people in groups like this is that they don't care about having an intelligent conversation or even making their point, they just want to insult and bluster. You would like to blame my reading comprehension, but in reality you are not all that interested in being clear just in being rude, insulting and arguing for the sake of it.

So if you agree that the ACC hasn't been the best conference, great I agree with you. Will it be the best in 2 years? It may be, but as I said earlier, with all that is going on with conference shifting, that isn't guaranteed. In two years the ACC may be as ripped apart as the Big East has been.

Reaction Score
This kid may not be worth the headache. Seems like he may be trouble based on a couple you tube videos. Cocky, taunting, gang signs. Didn't he initially commit to ville? Obviously he's a very good player but could be a headache.

Reaction Score
This kid may not be worth the headache. Seems like he may be trouble based on a couple you tube videos. Cocky, taunting, gang signs. Didn't he initially commit to ville? Obviously he's a very good player but could be a headache.

Haha, "gang signs." I love it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We need guys with swagger and toughness. Many seasons we seemed to lack guys who'd get in an opponent's face. You can't win with a team of choir boys on the court. I'm sure Ollie will be a good influence off the court.

Reaction Score
You are a tool- here is something to consider - make your 27 post your last. I mean really?

Reaction Score

He wanted to come here out of high school but his mom talked him into staying home. I think we're a little more familiar with his recruitment than you.

Reaction Score
I really wish some of the people here would think before posting.
But John, don't you understand? He watched some videos on Youtube. That type of analysis is never wrong.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I like your handle...Caronimo. Wonder what you thought of Butler before he committed to UConn.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
His transfer year sitting out, will allow UConn's staff to determine if he's PG worthy & hopefully enough time recruit a PG, if he's not. They'll probably need another PG in the long run any ways with only Purvis/Samuel as our only real ball handlers. I don't count Calhoun as a solid ball handler and I think Boatright may be gone. And how would this affect recruiting for 2014?

+1

Reaction Score
Haha the reaction is priceless. Despite what I said, I still want the guy badly. Hope it happens for the record. Looks like NC st fans are giving him the AO treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom