Rodney Purvis- Transferring (BREAKING NEWS) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis- Transferring (BREAKING NEWS)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not entirely implausible that his mom is the one that wants him to transfer. Just because she pushed for him to go there originally doesn't mean that she doesn't want him to transfer.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I like your handle...Caronimo. Wonder what you thought of Butler before he committed to UConn.

I spend most of my time on the Football board but if this is the type of brilliance you hoops guys are throwing around then I'm visiting here more often.

Rico, that post was pure genius* my friend.

* I had to Google how to spell genius and I'm still not convinced there's not supposed to be an "o" in there somewhere.

Reaction Score
[itquote="Hume, post: 561970, member: 3221"]Unlike you I won't get into name calling. The simple fact is you made a statement about the ACC being the best conference. As for reading comprehension you should try it yourself, what I said is your response was about disclaiming RPI, not your saying the ACC was the best based on RPI. The funny thing is if you agreed that the ACC wasn't the best conference all you would have had to say is this "I agree the ACC hasn't been the best conference in the recent past, that I had misunderstood, and that you meant in two years it will be." That is a fairly simple thing to say and then the discussion could have moved on to whether anyone will have any idea what the best conference will look like in two years with the potential changes in basketball conferences that are likely coming down the road. Tell me two years ago would you have been able to predict that the Big East would be what it is going to be next year?

I think the problem with many people in groups like this is that they don't care about having an intelligent conversation or even making their point, they just want to insult and bluster. You would like to blame my reading comprehension, but in reality you are not all that interested in being clear just in being rude, insulting and arguing for the sake of it.

So if you agree that the ACC hasn't been the best conference, great I agree with you. Will it be the best in 2 years? It may be, but as I said earlier, with all that is going on with conference shifting, that isn't guaranteed. In two years the ACC may be as ripped apart as the Big East has been.[/quote]

you are amazing.

no one knows what will or won't happen in conference realignment so stop trying to predict the future. what is known is that as of today in 2014-2015 UCONN will be in the amc and the acc will be the strongest bball league.

you making things up and twisting my words is quite troublesome. the fact you are stuck on me saying the acc is the best conference, by the time Purvis is at UConn is a correct statement as things are setup as if today.

my uva buddy finds you comical reading your posts towards me seeing over the past 15 years we have had countless arguments about me saying big east best bball conference ever and him being a staunch acc supporter. his exact quote was " if this guy even knew"

my posts aren't that difficult to follow. you just are making it that way to fit with how you want my words to work based on what you felt I was saying even though even after clarification you still are stuck on it

in the post 88 or whatever I even added the 4 teams going to the acc as a way to clarify my previous statement that you are stuck on yet you were still unable to follow

thanks for making today's train ride enjoyable

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So adding Pitt, Cuse, Lville, ND wont make them the #1 bball conference...

RPI is such a bad barometer. I really wish they would stop referencing that

OK

the RPI is a horrible barometer, it's mostly about who plays the strongest cupcakes. If you play a team ranked 150 as opposed to a team ranked 250, you're a better team! seriously? I'm not even sure what relevance that really has. If you play a few decent programs (100 - 150) on neutral courts instead of bringing them to your house, you're a top 10 team.

The RPI was supposed to be a tool, but brain dead bureaucrats that often times don't know the difference between a quality opponent and a chump use it as a crutch, which is why everyone else cites it. It's how bureaucrats pick the field.

I don't think a basketball person would ever cite the RPI when game planning and analyzing.

Reaction Score
Simple the ACC is obviously better than the conference the Huskies will be going to. They were never as good as the Big East though, maybe a year or 2 but hardly ever. Duke was their best yet again this year and they were completely embarrassed by Louisville!! No more proof required!

Reaction Score
The UConn thing aside, what do you like about him?

He's a legit writer for cbssport.com. I didn't say I love the guy but he seems to be a lot more professional and unbiased than most. 1000% times better than a clown like Gary Parrish

Reaction Score
Let's seal the deal before the Squid makes a move. Jeez, we deserve a McDonald's All-American once in a blue moon.

What?! You didn't like Scotty Hazelton?!?!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
What?! You didn't like Scotty Hazelton?!?!
Was he the last one? I remember Donyell Marshall and RIP Hamilton but they were ages ago. Who am I missing? I actually thought Hazelton never got a fair shake. Some guys just didn't seem to cut it in JC's mind. Hazelton actually had game.

Reaction Score
Was he the last one? I remember Donyell Marshall and RIP Hamilton but they were ages ago. Who am I missing? I actually thought Hazelton never got a fair shake. Some guys just didn't seem to cut it in JC's mind. Hazelton actually had game.

Rudy Gay, Alex Oriakhi, Kemba Walker, maybe AJ Price?

Reaction Score
Kemba
Kemba Walker was definitely one as he had a sick dunk over another player on a fast break in that game. So was Alex O. in 2009. Funny to see AO as one as he never seemed to have that talent.

Reaction Score
Kemba

Kemba Walker was definitely one as he had a sick dunk over another player on a fast break in that game. So was Alex O. in 2009. Funny to see AO as one as he never seemed to have that talent.

It was Jrue Holliday he banged on.

Reaction Score

I think all told we've had Rudy, AO, Kemba, Rip, Hazelton, Charlie V, Khalid, Taliek, and Donyell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom