Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welcome back UConn!!!

I have vivid memories of watching our teams go against the likes of Chris Smith, Ray Allen, Marcus Williams, Rudy Gay. In my lifetime, I consider you our biggest rival.

Look forward to kicking your arses again.

Reaction Score
We'll see. So what is the actual penalty for leaving the AAC. They are supposed to give 27 months notice. Oh joy yet ANOTHER court battle.

I bet UConn has a lot of leverage on this one as an original conference founder.

There was language in there that reduced penalties for the legacies if there was a reduction in TV fees and exposure.

UConn, Cincy and USF are the only 3 to have experienced a reduction.

Reaction Score
This will make 11 teams. For logistical purposes the BE might want an even number of schools. So maybe they will invite someone else. I'll just get the ball rolling right now.......F%$# UMass!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
College athletics has developed this way, all along. Did you see Ohio State or Michigan try to kick out any school?
The Big 10 isn't walking through that door , Butch.

Reaction Score
No more Sunday 5pm games! Or Tuesday 6pm games, either!

Big Mondays again!!

I don't think Big Mondays are the Big East anymore. I think it's the Big 10 and the Big 12?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I have no affinity for Marquette, Butler or Creighton, but you’d have to be nuts to think that they’re not more appealing than road trips to Tulane, East Carolina or Tulsa. DePaul still sucks ass, though.
Yeah but Chicago doesn't.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
why are people complaining about football?

BC
Cuse
Pitt
VTech
Miami
Rutgers

Better than what we have

^^^probably being said by some moron somewhere.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I haven’t posted in awhile, but this brought me here. Wanted to see everyone’s reactions.

I have no ties to the state, school or other athletic teams, so for me this is an enormous win. I started to tune out the regular season snoozers, good team or not. This gives me some juice and most importantly, I think it’s better for our national rep and recruiting.

Reaction Score
I’m a football season ticket holder and want nothing but the best for them - but when the ad running promotes outdoor seating rather than the team...time to make the move.

Reaction Score
For the people who think they are going to shut down the football program, what do you think they're going to do? Bulldoze The Rent? Be serious. Football is going nowhere. And they wouldn't have done this if they didn't know they can stay D1. I assume they have a plan for football even beyond that. And only when they secured a plan for football did they decide they could go ahead and do this for basketball. I mean they may be dumb but they're not THAT dumb.

Reaction Score
I’m a football season ticket holder and want nothing but the best for them - but when the ad running promotes outdoor seating rather than the team...time to make the move.

Given that the football team averaged less than double the average attendance of a Yard Goats game, I'd say that marketing is sadly on point. UConn football is practically on par with a minor league baseball team; they're a novelty in the area and an excuse for people to get outside.

Reaction Score
View attachment 44031 I’m a football season ticket holder and want nothing but the best for them - but when the ad running promotes outdoor seating rather than the team...time to make the move.

OMG. That's hilarious. And sad. That's like advertising a house and saying, "Indoor plumbing. It's kind of our thing".

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Given that the football team averaged less than double the average attendance of a Yard Goats game, I'd say that marketing is sadly on point. UConn football is practically on par with a minor league baseball team; they're a novelty in the area and an excuse for people to get outside.
When I hear people talking about going to football games it’s always like “well I was given these tickets.. I will go if the weather is nice..” it’s like they don’t really even want to go and are looking for an excuse not to, like they were going to church lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom