Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You think donors won’t shell out to get us to the NBE?
I'd look for Fox to play a role here. They too need UConn as part of their television product. $10 MM isn't an issue when the TV networks are pulling the strings. UConn's contributions won't be much in the financial calculus of this negotiation.

Reaction Score
There is no evidence the Big Ten has been interested in us.
If anything this move helps create more expansion. If the AAC adds a real/competent football program and continues their push to the playoff, and UConn is revitalized and helps lead a dominant NBE, I'm not sure the P5 will be idle. I'm sure UConn will be screwed of course, but I'd rather be in the NBE than the AAC in that scenario.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So the independent football team now gets to go to the powerhouses 4 times a year and get slaughtered for a payday as opposed to getting slaughtered in the East Carolina rain in front of 6250 fans on CBS Sports Network. Makes sense.

All correct except ECU draws way better than 6300 for football.

Reaction Score
I have no idea. The conference has been improving over time. Memphis has the #1 class.

He absolutely thought he was going to coach in the AAC for the long haul when he was hired.

Reaction Score
HOLY THIS IS CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!! I've never seen us play before and now we'll play in Omaha against my most hated team every year! And starting in 2020 so hopefully my boy 'Rique will still be here! I've wanted this forever and can't believe it's happening!

Reaction Score
There is no evidence the Big Ten has been interested in us.
Because they don't show it publically...

I have plenty of proof they have been. But I'll leave you guys to your fantasies.

Reaction Score
I'm bad at copying and pasting tweets but according to Matt Nolander of CBS Sports...expected that this will be announced officially at MSG next Thursday. A call is scheduled for early next for Big East Presidents to ratify deal. UConn BOT is supposed to vote on this on Wednesday. That could be moved up though.

Reaction Score
I'm bad at copying and pasting tweets but according to Matt Nolander of CBS Sports...expected that this will be announced officially at MSG next Thursday. A call is scheduled for early next for Big East Presidents to ratify deal. UConn BOT is supposed to vote on this on Wednesday. That could be moved up though.
If they were smart they'd move the vote to Monday and Tuesday respectively now that it's out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom