Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't share your optimism. Going Independent, no matter what pie-in-the-sky scenarios you dream up, is athletic suicide.

Lol, No one said I was optimistic. I just plan to sit out on the ledge and enjoy the view for a bit. There's plenty of time to jump.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, many of us feel the same way as Dooley.
Well the same to all of you! Unfortunately Uconn missed their ship to the P5 when louisville went. No idea how the administration could mess up that bad.

Reaction Score
Wrong. UCONN football never had a chance of competing in the AAC for football, not to mention no one really cares about college football in the northeast. Today is a great day for UCONN athletics.
Colgate at Army last season had a crowd of over 25,000 last season. Clemson at Boston College sold out. Yale vs Harvard at Fenway drew 30K.

Smart fans we have.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And what’s going to happen if the Power 5 breaks away and forms their own basketball tournament?

The Big East provided the Pan Am Games roster.

Reaction Score
Look - UConn has made it clear through the leaks that football will remain at the D1 FBS level. If you don't think they have Fox/SNY in their corner to assist with the football transition then I don't know what to tell you.

The basketball programs just became sexy again. Football was never going to be anything in a southern "best of the rest" G5 conference. If we can land in another G5 as a football only (And actually wins some games) - the UConn branding just go so much stronger if there ever is another wave of P5 expansion, if there ever is.

Reaction Score
For those who hate this move, what is your greatest fear over the next few years? That a P5 slot will open and we will not get an offer, but we would have if we stayed in the AAC?
1. Completely and forever throwing away a shot at a P5
2. Watching the American conference grow into a P6 (after our departure)
3. Watching the American broadcast on ESPN daily, while watching UConn play has been’s Like St. John’s on dying Fox Sports
4. Not seeing us play any major/big football games again

Reaction Score
I love that Boeheim is out there pumping up the move, and the conference. That miserable old fart hates being the ACC.
F it, let's hit up NR, WVU and Pitt and get the band together again

Reaction Score
Not true - and actually, ridiculously dumb.

Football did not hurt our athletic department - the head in the sand attitude people had about the reality of football driving the bus caused us to upgrade a decade later than we should have.

Our current situation is a lot different if people had thought like a flagship university should have been thinking. But instead, we pretended we were Maine or New Hampshire and now here we are - likely on the path to eventual oblivion.
Well staying in the AAC wasn't going to stop this from happening. At least now we can get a few more years of relevance in basketball. Like you said the administration below by taking football to the top division late even though Lew Perkins preached it. Also, fat man Warde blew by opening mortise eating his donuts while observing instead of acting and trying to get Uconn in the ACC when we had the chance. Once louisville moved the P5 dream was all but over.

Reaction Score
1. Completely and forever throwing away a shot at a P5
2. Watching the American conference grow into a P6 (after our departure)
3. Watching the American broadcast on ESPN daily, while watching UConn play has been’s Like St. John’s on dying Fox Sports
4. Not seeing us play any major/big football games again
Here's the thing though - I think this move signals that UConn knows exactly where we stand in relation to P5 expansion (it is not in the cards). I think that's a big reason some are so upset - if UConn felt it had a chance at the big boy table, this move doesn't happen. The P5 dream is over. This is just the old making lemonade out of lemons.

Reaction Score
Look - UConn has made it clear through the leaks that football will remain at the D1 FBS level. If you don't think they have Fox/SNY in their corner to assist with the football transition then I don't know what to tell you.

The basketball programs just became sexy again. Football was never going to be anything in a southern "best of the rest" G5 conference. If we can land in another G5 as a football only (And actually wins some games) - the UConn branding just go so much stronger if there ever is another wave of P5 expansion, if there ever is.
There will absolutely be more expansion. 100%.

Reaction Score
Lol at our buy out for the conference being the exact same amount we owe Kevin Ollie. Maybe the American conference violated some obscure clause in the contract? One can hope.
You think donors won’t shell out to get us to the NBE?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You think donors won’t shell out to get us to the NBE?
Oh I’m sure they will. Just making light of the KO situation and the irony of the 10 million number.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing though - I think this move signals that UConn knows exactly where we stand in relation to P5 expansion (it is not in the cards). I think that's a big reason some are so upset - if UConn felt it had a chance at the big boy table, this move doesn't happen. The P5 dream is over. This is just the old making lemonade out of lemons.
Very incorrect. We've been on the radar. How this would benefit us is beyond me. We could have done fine in the AAC with Hurley.

Reaction Score
Georgetown and St Johns boards are ecstatic. Providence board is very confused/conflicted.

Chief cited as conclusive proof of the move on the Georgetown board:

9629DB80-467D-494A-86B5-34A32D7CB82F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member